The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Info@PeddersUSA.com

Conversation Between Info@PeddersUSA.com and AZ5G
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Info@PeddersUSA.com
    04-26-2010 10:30 AM
    Info@PeddersUSA.com
    I assume you installed he Solution B Pedders sway bar Package? If so., take a peek to make sure the sway bar itself is not contacting the inner part of the frame. the potential contact area would be where the ABS line attaches, then straight down.

Also GM now has a first and second design upper front spring insolator. The second design is blatantly obvious. It is a white/beige piece that sits under the upper spring mount. With our Xas we remove both styles. This is for future reference.

GM has issued PI on the front noise concerns. They are at the stage where the are collecting data for problem solving. I believe they issued it in March to all dealers. So GM is being very active in trying to identify the source. We have to be patient on this.

thanks
    mike
  2. AZ5G
    04-16-2010 10:02 PM
    AZ5G
    I wished I could find this noise..Hell, its even hard to describe. I didnt notice it too much prior to putting on the sways and links...Its sounds like i left a wrench in the lower arm and when you hit bumps at low speed it rattle/thuds like crazy...Doesnt do it at high speed or when pushing the car really hard..Its the weirdest thing. That is what lead me to think, based on the post here, it could be related to the TSB and have something to do with the upper strut bush/mount...I've never had any vehicles with struts that made anything like this kinda noise...I've checked, tightened every bolt on this car and I cannot recreate the noise at rest...I really appreciate your time...Hell, I'm gettin so crazy I may just buy the struts and see where we go from there...Thanks...DD
  3. Info@PeddersUSA.com
    04-16-2010 12:07 AM
    Info@PeddersUSA.com
    In terms of noise, you need to tell me what is causing the noise. there have been some issues with the upper strut bushings. If they are noisy, they need to be replaced.

thanks
    mike
  4. AZ5G
    04-15-2010 08:11 PM
    AZ5G
    Quick question. I was looking at the Pedders site for coilovers and in the instructions it relates to reusing parts of the stock upper mount...Question is, if I install the Pedders coilovers, reusing portions of the factory upper mount, will I continue to have this awful noise coming from the front suspension...Thanks for your time...DD