The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > 79ZRAG's Profile > Albums

79 Z/28 NCE Convertible
This is my 1979 (that looks like an 80-80) Z/28 NCE Limited Edition convertible. I've had it for about 13 years. It's completely restored and has a few "personal touches" that I've added.
If you were a 2nd Gen Camaro expert, the ONLY way you would know that this was a 79 would be to look at the VIN.
"Upgrades" include the N90 option aluminum rims, air induction hood and breather system and functional side fender lovers.
I installed an '81 WS6 T/A differential which consists of 3:08 posi gears and rear disc brakes.  A 700R4 tranny sure helps spread the gear ratios out (not to mention increased gas mileage by 8 MPG). ...
The OEM instrument cluster is upgraded to "easy to read" white faced gauges and features an oil pressure gauge where the clock used to be.
The speedo is an NOS early 70' Z/28 upgraded with the correct needle indicator.
Dash and shift plate are color matched to the car's GM Millineum Yellow.
National Coach Engineering (N.C.E.) - conversion number 037 from approximately 400 that were produced between 1979 - 1981.
Another view of the dash. All parts original down the the AM/FM Stereo radio.
This is the OEM air Induction setup. I had the filter housing chromed to bring it to life. The K&N on top allows just a little more air flow.
Installed an entry level crate engine on October 2009. This engine has 210 HP out of the crate (which is more than the original 190 HP). The engine is "bone stock" with the exception of an Edelbrock...
Air induction w/chromed flap & Chevelle "Cowl" emblems. 
I figured out why GM paited the flaps flat black (rear sun glare is a killer)...
Camaro Dash with color coordinated bezel, white faced gauges, 150 MPH speedo and oil pressure gauge.
FEAR THIS !