The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > PWPhoto's Profile > Albums

My old '01 WS6 Trans Am
Yhis is the Trans Am I built for IASCA Sound Q competition and as a show car. It wasn't completely finished in these pics and I made changes for competitions and shows that these pics do not show. The system consisted of a Pioneer PRS DX-P9 head unit, DEQ-P9 hide away DSP unit linked via fiber optic cable, Alpine X series 3 way components; 1" soft dome tweets, 5 1/4" mins and 6 3/4" mid basses, 2 Xtant 10" X series pro 4 ohm subs, Xtant 4.4 4 channel amp of raids and highs, Xtant 2.2 2 channel for mid basses, Xtant 3.1 for subs. All power and ground cables were Stinger Expert series. All speaker wire was Stinger Pro Competition series. RCA cables were all Monster Cable Pro Competition cables. All fuse blocks, inline fuse holders, ground blocks, battery terminal blocks and ground lugs were Stinger Expert Series. The entire interior of the car was stripped and dynomatted and wired. The rear battery was a Stinger competition battery. The rear battery isolator switch was also a Stinger unit. I tried to build the car right. Unfortunately it never made it to competition. It did however appear in 4 shows where it placed 3rd or higher in all the shows. Between all the fiberglass work, paint work, install form a professional stereo shop that specializes in competition installs, audio components, install components and all the little nit picky things, I had over $20k in the inside of the car alone only to be stripped and sold 3 years later. Oh well. It was a great ride while I had it. And sounded AMAZING!
Picture 001
Picture 018
Picture 014
Picture 010
Picture 009
Picture 006
Picture 008
Picture 002
Picture 005
Picture 003