The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Camarodriver2's Profile > Albums > Reel Barricade and my Bumblebee

Picture 12 of 12 from Album Reel Barricade and my Bumblebee
Picture Added 09-16-2014 06:33 PM
Added by Camarodriver2

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 10 of 10
  1. transformersbumblebee
    02-24-2015 10:23 PM
    transformersbumblebee
    Amazing car, my mouth drools every time I see a pic!
  2. Camarodriver2
    02-25-2015 05:22 AM
    Camarodriver2
    Thanks - when are you painting a Bumblebee?
  3. transformersbumblebee
    02-26-2015 08:24 PM
    transformersbumblebee
    I'm still saving up hopefully soon. Lol what is the paint code you used and how many coats did you use?
  4. Camarodriver2
    02-27-2015 05:20 AM
    Camarodriver2
    House of Kolor PBC 30 Sunrise. 2 coats of HoK white, 6 -7 coats of Sunrise, 6 coats of clear. Make sure the painter you find has done House of Kolor before. Can't sand between coats.
  5. transformersbumblebee
    02-27-2015 03:54 PM
    transformersbumblebee
    Awesome thank you for that information! How did you do the door handle?

When I do paint my bee it will be the transformers 3 set up. I love the set up you have!
  6. Camarodriver2
    02-27-2015 04:19 PM
    Camarodriver2
    I had the painter remove (shave) the door handles and internal linkage. I installed solenoids in each door above the speaker (the ONLY place where there is room). Attached a steel cable to the inner door latch and ran a touch sensor to the rear side window glass. It works for me but you may want to go with a key fob instead. When I wash the car and water runs down the glass, the door will pop open. I'll send pictures of the solenoids when you get to that point. The paint can run you between $11K to $13K. I was very lucky to get mine done for $7K. My painter said he isn't doing another Bumblebee for that price - too much work.
  7. transformersbumblebee
    02-28-2015 07:00 AM
    transformersbumblebee
    Lol I bet it's a lot of work. Thank for the info again. I called a few paint shops and they said that house of kolor paint has to be replaced around ever 2 years due to heat and from the sun. Expecially if it's a everyday drive car. How long has yours lasted? I don't know if the paint guy I called was just to lazy. Have you heard of anything like that?
  8. Camarodriver2
    02-28-2015 01:20 PM
    Camarodriver2
    The paint guy is wrong., plus who would spend $10K every 2 years? I painted mine in Sept '13 but is only a nice weather driver. You may not want to do it for a daily driver - rock chips, door dings, etc would happen to it.
  9. transformersbumblebee
    03-01-2015 04:06 PM
    transformersbumblebee
    Yes true, thank you so much for the information! I'm still going to get it done just have to save some more and find a good paint shop. What did people say when you went to the transformers 4 movie shooting?
  10. Camarodriver2
    03-02-2015 01:03 PM
    Camarodriver2
    People were taking pictures of me thinking my car was in the movie. The film crew asked what Bumblebee was doing parked in the street. Everyone loved it! For your paint, you may want to try KC from Fast N Loud - he has his own web site (he was going to do my paint) Go to his site and leave him a message to call you. I stayed local due to lower rate and not having to drive to Texas.