The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 03-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Mid-year C7 price increase!

Fresh from the grapevine... from various C7 volume dealers:
The new starting MSRP including DFC for these models are now:

Corvette Stingray Coupe (1YY07): $53,995

Corvette Stingray Coupe with Z51 Performance Package (1YX07): $57,995

Corvette Stingray Convertible (1YY67): $58,995

Corvette Stingray Convertible with Z51 Performance Package (1YX67): $62,995
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
This makes me sick to my stomach. I am canceling my order.
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I really hope you're not serious.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #4
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonulrich View Post
I hear you.... we knew this was coming down the pike but unexpected that it would be so soon. I thought we'd see price increases 3-4 months from now particularly for new 2015 model year orders.

Personally it wouldn't stop me though since the C7 is so worth it. I know it's easy to say since I have one already but I am still planning (hopefully) to get a Z06 next year so I bet imminent price increases will still be on the table by the time my order is secured.

Talk to your dealership... for example according to Kerbeck: "If there is a price increase, any order in the system (1100) before the increase is price protected. The way that works is that the car will come in with the new price and the dealer has to apply to get the money back. Don't let the dealer try to bump you for the price increase if you have a sold order in the system."
Old 03-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Mid term price increases are normal. Across the Chevy vehicle lines not just the Corvette.

If you have an order in than you are price protected. The price increases are so normal that the treatment of the pre price increase orders is also normal.

Hope this helps.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
Thanks for the update. I am driving into my dealership tomorrow to verify. They have a Z51 coupe that I have been eyeing for a while and may just pull the trigger on it. I read that because my order is 1100, the price increase should not affect me for my order. I really want the car and am confident this will all work out. I am not unrealistic, but paying an additional $3,200 because I had the loyalty to wait for the car would be unacceptable to me.
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I am driving into my dealership tomorrow to verify. They have a Z51 coupe that I have been eyeing for a while and may just pull the trigger on it. I read that because my order is 1100, the price increase should not affect me for my order. I really want the car and am confident this will all work out. I am not unrealistic, but paying an additional $3,200 because I had the loyalty to wait for the car would be unacceptable to me.
For sure $3200 is large chunk indeed especially when someone is about to pull the trigger and the budgeting/calculating is already mapped out. Can definitely emphatize with that...

If the Z51 in-stock is a nice build or close to your liking then that's not a bad idea at all. In any case, good luck... you'll soon enjoy the C7 ownership experience.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Do these prices include the delivery charge? For example, the official MSRP of a 1LT Z51 on Chevrolet's website is $53,800, does that mean that there is a $3,200 price increase or a $4,200 price increase??

I placed my order last week and will be verifying with my dealer to make sure that I will not be paying the new price....
Old 03-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
Do these prices include the delivery charge? For example, the official MSRP of a 1LT Z51 on Chevrolet's website is $53,800, does that mean that there is a $3,200 price increase or a $4,200 price increase??

I placed my order last week and will be verifying with my dealer to make sure that I will not be paying the new price....
Delivery fee (a.k.a. DFC) = $995 currently. The $53,800 you stated is missing the DFC.... therefore add it and a 1LT Z51 is $54,795 MSRP.

Factor in the mid-year increase and the result is $57,995 (includes DFC) because the Z51 Pkg goes up by $1200: from $2800 to $4000. Basically this was calculated by adding the $4000 to the new mid-year base C7 price of $53,000. And then finally add the $995 DFC.

Total net increase is really $3200 (+$2000 for the base and +$1200 for the Z51). Voila!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #10
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
It appears that these new prices are the actual prices that GM has planned to sell the car at all along. They only kept the prices down initially for marketing/promotional reasons. Here is the exact quote from Dave, a sales representative at Kerbeck Corvette:

"This price increase has nothing to do with rebates. This is the price that they thought the car should sell at but they wanted to get a big splash in the press for an incredible car for under $52,000. It was great marketing but the demand can definitely justify the price increase at this point so they did it. Also, if they decide to raise the price in 2015, the increase will be judged off of these new base prices, not the original which would like a much larger jump. Again, great marketing!"
Old 03-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #11
Stingray
just can't get enough

Another local Chevy dealer just emailed me a few mins ago... in fact they are in the top 20 Corvette volume sellers and it's confirmed... the price increases are legit and in effect for new orders as of today. In-stock units and presold orders are not affected.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
Stingray
just can't get enough

Now found on CorvetteBlogger:
Chevrolet Raising Prices on the 2014 Corvette Stingray and Z51 Performance Package
by Keith Cornett on March 4, 2014

When Chevrolet initially priced the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe at $51,000 and the Convertible at $56,000, we were shocked at how much car an owner was getting for the money. Add to the fact that the very popular Z51 performance package added a mere $2800 to the sticker price and we can see how that pricing eventually led to demand outpacing supply.

To help meet the demand, Chevrolet is raising the prices on both the base Corvette Stingray Coupe and Convertible, which will see their prices go up $2,000. The Z51 package increases $1,200 for a total package cost of $4,000.

The pricing increase went into effect on Monday, March 3rd and dealers were notified this morning via an internal communications memo.

The base price of the 2014 Corvette Stingray increases from $51,000 to $53,000. Add the Z51 Performance Package and the base price for a Z51 coupe is now $57,000. The changes in the Convertible Stingray are similiar. The base price for the convertible increases from $56,000 to $58,000 and when you add the Z51 Performance Package, the base price for a Z51 Convertible is now $62,000. There is still a $995 destination charge on all Corvettes.

The Z51 Performance Package includes the larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; Performance Traction Management; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0 – 60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1g in cornering.

We spoke with a representative from Chevrolet who told us that “customer demand for both Stingray models and especially the Z51 has exceeded expectations and we are trying to meet that demand.” The Chevy representative added “Customers who have an order in the system are not subject to the price increase.”

So that’s great news for those who already have an order in the system. We reached out to our friends at Kerbeck Corvette this morning who confirmed the price increase. Kerbeck’s Dave Salvatore says that the pricing increase is only on cars built after 3/3/2014 and that Kerbeck has a large selection of existing Corvette Stingrays in stock that are not subject to the price increase.

So the good news is that demand for the 2014 Corvette Stingray is at record high levels. The bad news, unless your got an order already in the system or you buy an existing Stingray off a dealer’s lot, prices are going up to meet that demand head-on.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #13
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Well congratulations to everyone that bought early and I am sorry to everyone that did not. Considering that the current price increase of $2000 for the base and $1200 for the Z51 option will most likely be repeated when the 2015's come out in August, it will be a $6400 increase for a 2015 Z51 coupe plus whatever they decide to increase the rest of the options. They are certainly not losing money at the current prices but I guess they felt that they were not making enough profit either. That is a shame, my fault for waiting for the 8 speed auto and the PDR.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #14
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
OldJedi, I predict the increase for the 2015 model year will be less than half your prediction.

In six months we will know.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote