The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions Discuss the pricing, ordering, and eventually order tracking process.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 200
Magnetic Selective Ride - Missing from order

QZPDBT - Order status changed last week to 3000 and I just found out today that I missed selecting the Mag ride option on my build. For some reason, my own carelessness, I thought the 3LT came standard with the mag ride option.

Does anybody know of a way to get the option added to my build after the build has changed to 3000?
I already talked with my sales manager and he can't change the order on his end. Are there any other option?
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
laborsmith
 
Drives: 1969 Corvair Monza, 2013 Sonic RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Detroit Metropolitan Area
Posts: 591
At 3000 the dealer has to request the change. After 3000 no change absent extraordinary and unlikely measures.

It sounds like your dealer has made a decision but perhaps if you remind him that there is a significant profit (as well as good will) for the dealership if it is added maybe that will help.

And lest anyone posts that it can not be done, let me remind them that it has been done therefore increases the possibility that it can be done, but the dealer has to make the request.


Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
New C7
 
New C7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 67
I double and triple checked my order before giving the dealer to go ahead. I understand it easy to miss.
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
shockandawe

 
Drives: 2006 LeMans Blue C6 Vette
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,300
Didn't you double check your order from dealer?
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #5
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,267
yeah my dealer read off all the options as he went down.. double checking everything i wanted.. then triple checked by having me read thru options that were selected after entering into the system.. though im still afraid I missed something LoL
__________________
C7 Stingray ordered 6-7-13 (RCHT2P) 3300 status
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 200
Yup, bummed that I missed a critical option like that and I read the option twice and wanted to make sure it was there. Sucks!
All I can do now is hope the sales manager can get it corrected before it's built

Model Year: 2014 Division: CHEVROLET
Allocation Group: VETCPE Model: 1YX07 - Corvette: Stingray Coupe with Z51
TPW:
Estimated Delivery Date:
Vehicle Specifications

PEG: 3LT - Package: 3LT Trim: 196 - Trim, Suede, Jet Black
Primary Color: GXH - Night Race Blue Metallic Engine: LT1 - Engine Gas, 8 Cyl, 6.2L, DI, AFM, VVT, HO, Alum, GMNA
Transmission: MEL - Trans, 7-Speed Manual with Z51 Ratios Ordered Options:
C2M: Carbon Fiber Dual Roof Pkg, C2Z & CC3
FAY: Trim Interior, Carbon Fiber
IWE: Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package
J6E: Caliper: Yellow
NPP: Exhaust: Dual Mode, Performance
Q7E: Wheels, Chrome Aluminum 19" FRT 20" RR
RWJ: LPO, Outdoor Vehicle Cover
UY4: Navigation System
VLI: LPO, Cargo Mat, Reversable with Logo
VRU: LPO, Outdoor Vehicle Cover, Gray
VYW: LPO, Floor Mats Carpeted with Stingray Logo
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Bolt-onC6
 
Drives: 08 Corvette
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 237
Sounds like a great car with the options you have. I would be happy to own it. Wouldn't need the car cover though. It wouldn't be in the garage long enough to need that.
Bolt-onC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
QZPDBT - Order status changed last week to 3000 and I just found out today that I missed selecting the Mag ride option on my build. For some reason, my own carelessness, I thought the 3LT came standard with the mag ride option.

Does anybody know of a way to get the option added to my build after the build has changed to 3000?
I already talked with my sales manager and he can't change the order on his end. Are there any other option?
Hi Ciscokid,

Unfortunately that is not something I am able to do on my end, sorry! I can however call the dealer for you and check. Private message me with you info and we can go from there.

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 200
Dealer was able to get my order updated today. Order had to be taken back to a 2000 status, hope it goes back to 3000. If not, my mistake and price to pay to get the mag ride.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #10
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Dealer was able to get my order updated today. Order had to be taken back to a 2000 status, hope it goes back to 3000. If not, my mistake and price to pay to get the mag ride.
I thought about changing to 3LT but just dont know if the leather covered color dash worth the extra $3,000 these choices are so hard..
__________________
C7 Stingray ordered 6-7-13 (RCHT2P) 3300 status
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
BRCC
BRCC Webmaster
 
BRCC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Z51 DSOM/Brownstone
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
I thought about changing to 3LT but just dont know if the leather covered color dash worth the extra $3,000 these choices are so hard..
Here is the extras going from 2LT to 3LT

Instrument Panel in Interior Seat Color
Custom Leather-Wrapped IP/Doors/Console
Napa Leather GT Seats
Navigation

BRCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
GQ4Life


 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fishkill, NY
Posts: 5,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCC View Post
Here is the extras going from 2LT to 3LT

Instrument Panel in Interior Seat Color
Custom Leather-Wrapped IP/Doors/Console
Napa Leather GT Seats
Navigation

yeah.. instrument panel not sure that just the color leather or something else

but yeah just the extra leather around. that napa leather doesnt phase me..
and navigation i was getting either way.. why i said $3K instead of $4k..
but I really did want the red leather around the handle and dash
__________________
C7 Stingray ordered 6-7-13 (RCHT2P) 3300 status
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #13
DallasC7
 
Drives: C6 Z06
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Yup, bummed that I missed a critical option like that and I read the option twice and wanted to make sure it was there. Sucks!
All I can do now is hope the sales manager can get it corrected before it's built

Model Year: 2014 Division: CHEVROLET
Allocation Group: VETCPE Model: 1YX07 - Corvette: Stingray Coupe with Z51
TPW:
Estimated Delivery Date:
Vehicle Specifications

PEG: 3LT - Package: 3LT Trim: 196 - Trim, Suede, Jet Black
Primary Color: GXH - Night Race Blue Metallic Engine: LT1 - Engine Gas, 8 Cyl, 6.2L, DI, AFM, VVT, HO, Alum, GMNA
Transmission: MEL - Trans, 7-Speed Manual with Z51 Ratios Ordered Options:
C2M: Carbon Fiber Dual Roof Pkg, C2Z & CC3
FAY: Trim Interior, Carbon Fiber
IWE: Suede-Wrapped Upper Interior Trim Package
J6E: Caliper: Yellow
NPP: Exhaust: Dual Mode, Performance
Q7E: Wheels, Chrome Aluminum 19" FRT 20" RR
RWJ: LPO, Outdoor Vehicle Cover
UY4: Navigation System
VLI: LPO, Cargo Mat, Reversable with Logo
VRU: LPO, Outdoor Vehicle Cover, Gray
VYW: LPO, Floor Mats Carpeted with Stingray Logo
The "Trim: 196 - Trim, Suede, Jet Black", are those the touring seats (standard) or the upgraded seats?
DallasC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:15 AM   #14
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasC7 View Post
The "Trim: 196 - Trim, Suede, Jet Black", are those the touring seats (standard) or the upgraded seats?
Standard, I didn't get the upgraded seats
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #15
Glen e

 
Drives: Cyber/Red C7
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 2,018
are you now under the one month wait for z51?
__________________
Glen
2LT C7 Cyber/Red
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #16
Ciscokid
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
are you now under the one month wait for z51?
I think so, sales manager contacted me on Friday and said my order moved to 3300, so I hope it will be less then a month from there to shipment.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.