The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
CamaroHutch
 
CamaroHutch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Indiana (Louisville Area)
Posts: 357
So who's going to to the Factory Tour/Pickup for their 2014 Stingray

If I get one, I will definitely pay the extra $$ to get the factory tour, watch it be built, and pick it up at the museum.
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
If I could get leave I would absolutely in a heartbeat. Take Route 66 home and break it in on an awesome tour of the country, I heard the tour is awesome and it has the best pre-car prep a Vette can get.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Certainly tempting.

Hard with my kind of schedule though.
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
CamaroHutch
 
CamaroHutch's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Indiana (Louisville Area)
Posts: 357
I only live about 2 hours away from the factory, so I just need the time off work. I think it would be a cool experience.
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
Gohan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutch12 View Post
I only live about 2 hours away from the factory, so I just need the time off work. I think it would be a cool experience.
Lucky lucky :rockon:

I'm not familiar with factory delivery. Is there a cost
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
Lucky lucky :rockon:

I'm not familiar with factory delivery. Is there a cost
It's around 600 I think, they give you a personalized tour of not only the factory but the museum as well by an engineer for the day. From what I've heard it's definitely worth it if possible.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06, a Shelby, a Porsche, a Ram
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,604
BTW, what's the usual cost?
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,543
A drop in a bucket for an experience like that. Hmmmm
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06, a Shelby, a Porsche, a Ram
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
A drop in a bucket for an experience like that. Hmmmm
Ken!! :fish: ...dinero bro, dinero...
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Ken!! :fish: ...dinero bro, dinero...
My man we only live once

We can pitch tents in the parking lot to save coin
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #11
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06, a Shelby, a Porsche, a Ram
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,604
It's worth 60,000 Lincolns! :madgrin:
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
OldJedi
Use the Force
 
OldJedi's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Corvette, 2012 ZL1, 2015 Z51
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 3,720
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Just some insight into this. We elected to have a Museum Pickup on our 1999 Vette. It was around $500.00 at the time. We booked a flight into Nashville and drove to Bowling Green. I think it was Enterprise that had special one way rentals just for this purpose. Leave the rental at the Museum and drive your new Vette home.

We arrived at the Museum and checked in. They arranged for us to take a tour of the Corvette Plant across the street. You will NOT see your car or start your car at the plant. Your car is already at the Museum getting any final prep work done. They usually have someone from the audience start a car at the end of the plant tour. Usually it is the prettiest woman in the group so do not be disappointed that they not pick the line backer in the group. After the plant tour you go back to the museum and you get a personal tour guide that takes you through the museum. The guides tell you much more than you will find out on your own.

After the tour you go to a back room where you sign some papers and see your car for the first time. I think it is worthwhile to do once but not sure if I would spend the extra money to do it again. The museum is considerably bigger now than it was in 1999 and they have plans to add a major road track and drag strip next to the museum. If you have never been, then you should definitely go and see it at least once. Contact the personnel at the museum for any current information since mine is a little bit dated.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
I hope GM gives free track days for Corvette buyers, similar to ZR1 and Boss 302 owners get, I also think Z06 get it too.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #14
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Just some insight into this. We elected to have a Museum Pickup on our 1999 Vette. It was around $500.00 at the time. We booked a flight into Nashville and drove to Bowling Green. I think it was Enterprise that had special one way rentals just for this purpose. Leave the rental at the Museum and drive your new Vette home.

We arrived at the Museum and checked in. They arranged for us to take a tour of the Corvette Plant across the street. You will NOT see your car or start your car at the plant. Your car is already at the Museum getting any final prep work done. They usually have someone from the audience start a car at the end of the plant tour. Usually it is the prettiest woman in the group so do not be disappointed that they not pick the line backer in the group. After the plant tour you go back to the museum and you get a personal tour guide that takes you through the museum. The guides tell you much more than you will find out on your own.

After the tour you go to a back room where you sign some papers and see your car for the first time. I think it is worthwhile to do once but not sure if I would spend the extra money to do it again. The museum is considerably bigger now than it was in 1999 and they have plans to add a major road track and drag strip next to the museum. If you have never been, then you should definitely go and see it at least once. Contact the personnel at the museum for any current information since mine is a little bit dated.


Thanks for explaining.

Adding a road track and drag strip?

Gosh i love

GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.