The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions General topics on the Corvette C7 Stingray.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
pgviper
 
Drives: 67' Pro Touring Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 187
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
What car will you be trading in for a C7?

Bought myself a 2008 G37s Coupe 6mt in October. Paying it off by October 2014 and then hopefully buying a used C7 around 2016-2017.

I feel like i'm cheating right now because I love my G37 but I am obsessed with the C7!!!

Timeline is subject to change because I am feeling very impatient haha.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
One of the rides in my avatar. Just not 100%...I have title in hand on truck...so.....probably

Edit: I'm not rich enough to keep all 3
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Wishful thinking? Nothing so I can be fancy and have it as a weekend car. If not, then the Volvo or maybe the Camaro if I got an awesome trade-in deal.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
pgviper
 
Drives: 67' Pro Touring Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 187
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
One of the rides in my avatar. Just not 100%...I have title in hand on truck...so.....probably

Edit: I'm not rich enough to keep all 3
Tough decision. I would trade in camaro, that truck is pretty sweet haha.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
imported_fredl11
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
Thumbs up Mine

will be a 06 C6 DSOM, F55, 6 spd Auto
imported_fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
FEAR
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 33
probably gonna trade my 2009 s 550 mercedes in, or give it to my girl and trade her car
FEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
malave7567

 
malave7567's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 805
it would be my Camaro, without a doubt. Do not have the means to support two v8 sports cars
__________________
2013 Scion FR-S - current DD, after life circumstances made me get out of a Camaro
2014 Camaro 1LT, Red Rock Metallic, wife's car once we could get a Camaro again
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
Tough decision. I would trade in camaro, that truck is pretty sweet haha.
Thanks
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: C7-Z06, Boss 302, Macan S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
Wishful thinking? Nothing so I can be fancy and have it as a weekend car. If not, then the Volvo or maybe the Camaro if I got an awesome trade-in deal.
Same here... I that I get to keep the SS, the Boss, and add the ...but IF I have to give up one of the two, it might just be the pony that's getting the :deadhorse:
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #10
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Same here... I that I get to keep the SS, the Boss, and add the ...but IF I have to give up one of the two, it might just be the pony that's getting the :deadhorse:
Leaning towards the 45th? Kinda surprising to me honestly with how rare the Boss is, although you'd get a way better price on it over the Camaro.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #11
pgviper
 
Drives: 67' Pro Touring Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 187
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEAR View Post
probably gonna trade my 2009 s 550 mercedes in, or give it to my girl and trade her car
I would love to see this posted on a mercedes forum hahaha.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: C7-Z06, Boss 302, Macan S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
Leaning towards the 45th? Kinda surprising to me honestly with how rare the Boss is, although you'd get a way better price on it over the Camaro.
Exactly. That's my present conundrum... :sad:... but I don't want to jump ahead, I still think it's feasible to have all 3 for me.

The 45th is the DD and it's awesome driving it everyday & everywhere esp. down here in South FL. As an orig owner, I do want to keep the Boss... I love its high-revving robust Roadrunner engine. This new C7 though changed my road map... I was thinking of eventually adding an older musclecar (since I do miss my '70 GTO) or a euro sports car but all those notions went by the wayside thanks to the upcoming :madgrin:
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #13
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: C7-Z06, Boss 302, Macan S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgviper View Post
I would love to see this posted on a mercedes forum hahaha.
I know exactly whatcha mean... don't even mention it to the AMG gurus... I had one of those too! :fish:
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: C7-Z06, Boss 302, Macan S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Thanks
Yep in your case... the truck for the high, the Vette for the low... :rockon:
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #15
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Exactly. That's my present conundrum... :sad:... but I don't want to jump ahead, I still think it's feasible to have all 3 for me.

The 45th is the DD and it's awesome driving it everyday & everywhere esp. down here in South FL. As an orig owner, I do want to keep the Boss... I love its high-revving robust Roadrunner engine. This new C7 though changed my road map... I was thinking of eventually adding an older musclecar (since I do miss my '70 GTO) or a euro sports car but all those notions went by the wayside thanks to the upcoming :madgrin:
For me it'd probably come down to the price offered. If they offered more than I paid I'd have a hard time saying no, yeah it may be worth more in the future but for me you have to weigh all of that. Just like 60,000 on a car today may be worth 200,000 in 40 years, it's just not worth it to me. Hopefully the Corvette is open to incentive pricing pretty early on, it would certainly help.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
Mjolnir
"Crusher"
 
Drives: Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 44
I would trade in my 13 Mustang, that is if I can keep myself from trading it now for a 1LE Camaro...those things are tempting.

Trying to stay patient though...
Mjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
volsfan0911
 
Drives: '10 GTI for now
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 194
Probably sell my '10 GTI although I'm tempted to keep it as a winter car since it's paid for. However, we need a truck honestly to haul stuff (Costco runs to craig's list furniture finds, etc.) so I've got a decision to make this coming summer.
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
Longbow
 
Longbow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Corvette
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Enterprise, Al
Posts: 35
My '12 C6! Time to upgrade already!!!
Longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
proxemics
 
Drives: 09 shelby GT500
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: saudi Arabia
Posts: 162
Maybe the GT500 but I hope I can keep both
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: C7-Z06, Boss 302, Macan S
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,358
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxemics View Post
Maybe the GT500 but I hope I can keep both
Oooh that would be sweet if you can have both a Shelby and a Stingray!
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #21
Blue Menace
 
Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 705
If all goes as planned, I'll be getting rid if my Ford Fusion lease. Can't wait!
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Menace View Post
If all goes as planned, I'll be getting rid if my Ford Fusion lease. Can't wait!

EPIC UP TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
Blue Menace
 
Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
EPIC UP TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon:
I know, right?! I actually got rid of my 5th Gen Camaro to save up for a ZL1. Now, looks like I might be saving up for a new vette.
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #24
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Menace View Post
I know, right?! I actually got rid of my 5th Gen Camaro to save up for a ZL1. Now, looks like I might be saving up for a new vette.
Win....Win



GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #25
imported_Snowvert
 
imported_Snowvert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
I have a couple I may be trading in in a couple years.... my 13 Camaro SS convertible and my 13 BRZ Limited.
imported_Snowvert is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.