The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray vs...

Corvette Stingray vs... Discussions, comparos, and reviews of the C7 Corvette Stingray versus...

Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 AM   #26
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Did Chevrolet finally hit a nerve? The newer, more aggressive Corvette has made someone worry that it is coming into their more expensive space. I love seeing luxury brands sweat.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #27
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
I totally agree, The_Blur. You can tell Audi's worried just because of what they've said.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #28
pgviper

Drives: G37s Coupe
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Did Chevrolet finally hit a nerve? The newer, more aggressive Corvette has made someone worry that it is coming into their more expensive space. I love seeing luxury brands sweat.
Jealousy comes from competition.

Competition promotes development.

Great to see that the Stingray is pressuring markets that used to look at the corvette as a disgusting american car.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #29
DallasMike

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 pontiac gto
That's cute that they want to try and compare themselves to what is essentially the entry level introduction corvette. What happens when the z07 is introduced next year?
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #30
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasmike View Post
That's cute that they want to try and compare themselves to what is essentially the entry level introduction corvette. What happens when the z07 is introduced next year?
They all stfu!
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
The_Blur
Moderator, USN

Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
It's going to be a Z06. It has been since the C2.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #32
DallasMike

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 pontiac gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It's going to be a Z06. It has been since the C2.

All the murmurings I have been hearing are saying z07. Time will tell.
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #33
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
All the murmurings I have been hearing are saying z07. Time will tell.
The C6 did have a Z07 package which was an add-on to the Z06 I believe. Who knows GM may switch it up.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
javierrflores
Banned

Drives: t/a
both awesome cars, cant wait to see what the vette can do.
javierrflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #35
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine

Drives: A Z51 or a 2014 1LE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I don't even know where to begin. So, here is a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

Awesome! :rockon:
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #36
Falundir

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
I love how people see a spec sheet and start making statements about how it will perform without a single test. There is so much going on with a performance car that it is just foolish to make any assumptions at this point without further real world testing.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #37
sandy14006

Drives: its located-not here yet
IMHO>>>It's better to look good than to go fast .... corvette all the way .... don't need 2b compaired it to anything!!!!!!
sandy14006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #38
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: SS 45th, Boss 302, Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by want corvette? View Post
IMHO>>>It's better to look good than to go fast .... corvette all the way .... don't need 2b compaired it to anything!!!!!!
And to add to the Stingray's awesome looks... having a 5th gen next to it is icing on the cake. Both are great looking.

Red/Blk, 2LT Red, 7spd/Z51/MSRC/NPP/Nav/FAY/Blk rims/Red brks/Z51 caps/Splash grds
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #39
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
And to add to the Stingray's awesome looks... having a 5th gen next to it is icing on the cake. Both are great looking.
Aaaaaaaaaand boss 302

Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #40
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: SS 45th, Boss 302, Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Aaaaaaaaaand boss 302

Oh yeah... that recluse! But I love it. :madgrin:

Red/Blk, 2LT Red, 7spd/Z51/MSRC/NPP/Nav/FAY/Blk rims/Red brks/Z51 caps/Splash grds
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #41
C7Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7Z51 View Post
The RS6 needs to focus on the E63, CTS-V, M5 and perhaps New Jag or A-Martin. Something tells me the CTS-V will eat the audis lunch. I also own a 2012 E63 with TT V8 Engine from Factory. I installed simple dealer legal "reflash" and ran 11.55 @ 121 in the heat with my wife in the car.
Felt it needed to be said again
Old 02-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #42
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7Z51 View Post
Felt it needed to be said again
Thats Moving!!!

I had missed that so..good you said it again.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #43
imported_George

First of all for me you can't compare the 2 cars (apples and oranges). The journalist asked a silly question and got a silly answer

Secondly he must still be pissed off when the corvette prototype in Transformers 2 (I think) cut the R8 in half. Michael Bay probably hadn't told them they were going to destroy it.
imported_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #44
Vic

"It's the American dream with four wheels and four exhausts, and if you don't like it, you can get lost."

Finally, a Brit who realises we don't care what they think! Maybe there's hope for them?

They are noticeably quiet, about the Vipers' 7:12 on the Ring, and the ZR1s 7:19. Instead, they just talk about the lowly Mustang, and how it sucks in corners. (as if the Mustang was America's finest effort) In other words, they limit their acknowledgement of American corner-carving prowness to just those easy targets, that give them spiteful justification for their iconoclast snobbery.

And why? Because if they dared mention that no British mass produced sports car can corner like a Viper or Vette, then they would look foolish indeed. So instead, they like to set up little "straw men", and knock them down. Talk about blind....

Yeah, we used to get crappy interiors, but even that's changing, on both the Viper and Vette. Not too much for them to pick on us anymore.

And why would they care about sports cars, anyway? You can't speed in England, what with all those speed cameras around. A big-brother nation of freeway nannys.

C class subcompacts is all you really need in the UK, which is mostly what you see over there anyway. Doesn't look like they need to concern themselves with Ring times at all....Yet they fawn all over fantastically expensive Italian supercars they can't afford, can't use anyway, and which cars can't even beat the big two American corner carvers on the Ring.

Long live Viper and Corvette!

PS.. I like all cars, and all peoples, all nations. I admire engineering, craftsmanship, and style, whether it's from Ferrari, Porsche, MB, or Aston, etc.
I respect the competition, because it improves the breed. We can rise to the challenge. Bring it on, I say!

Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #45
GaBoy25

Touché Vic! :spy:
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #46
imported_Shark

That's the difference between a Corvette and an Audi ...reliability!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
My cousin's Audi spent more time in the dealer's service bay than in his garage.
imported_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #47
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred

Drives: Cammed 2012 AGM 2SS/RS LS3
That is such a stupid comment...
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #48
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
I read this and couldn't help but comment.
Aside from a nitty Brit reporter who's job it is to invoke emotion, what did you expect the Audi rep to say? "OMG, I am worried the American's may be able to take some of our market share on this side of the pond."?
Not.
Look at this way, he was able to get photos and their brand name slathered all over a site dedicated to the new C7.
Not only is he an engineer but some what of a marketing Guru.
I have Audi's. I have BMW's. I have GM, Ford, Mini, Mazda, and other products.
Each one does certain tasks I need completed and most do those individual tasks well. Just like I don't use a hammer for a welder, I wouldn't drive my All Road for the excitement I get from a Classic Corvette.
Point here is a Nitt Witt only gets the energy you give him.

One thing you have to keep in mind, at different times in history, we handed the Brits and the Germans there a**es and sent them home to there mamas!
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #49
GaBoy25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I read this and couldn't help but comment.
Aside from a nitty Brit reporter who's job it is to invoke emotion, what did you expect the Audi rep to say? "OMG, I am worried the American's may be able to take some of our market share on this side of the pond."?
Not.
Look at this way, he was able to get photos and their brand name slathered all over a site dedicated to the new C7.
Not only is he an engineer but some what of a marketing Guru.
I have Audi's. I have BMW's. I have GM, Ford, Mini, Mazda, and other products.
Each one does certain tasks I need completed and most do those individual tasks well. Just like I don't use a hammer for a welder, I wouldn't drive my All Road for the excitement I get from a Classic Corvette.
Point here is a Nitt Witt only gets the energy you give him.

One thing you have to keep in mind, at different times in history, we handed the Brits and the Germans there a**es and sent them home to there mamas!
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK:sad:

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:58 PM   #50
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Damn straight it's an American icon and absolutely represents driving in the US at its finest. Thank God I live here rather than the UK - gas is about $8.84/gal currently, you're taxed on CO2 emissions then drilled with exorbitant insurance rates on top of that. Parking is a bitch - sorry, an EXPENSIVE bitch and if you're stupid enough to drive into London, well -there's a fine for doing that as well.

Meanwhile, on our side of the pond, we can guzzle all the 93 octane we want for a relatively cheap $4.17 here in Maryland, park for damn near nothing, insurance is reasonable, Montana and other states offer plenty of opportunity to drive at insane speeds and the biggest cost that most 'Vette owners face would be $2,100 for a new set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

So yes, "our" sports car represents where it was imagined, designed, developed and built. Give us a big ass V-8, plenty of power, to hell with the gas mileage and if it's slightly difficult to parallel park? Ahhh - outside of NYC and DC, who has to parallel park? Just go find an end spot.

Besides, having driven in the UK there are two HUGE factors that mess up Americans. Driving on the wrong side of the road is obvious but I found being on the wrong side of the car almost as bad with a manual. You grow up shifting with your right hand and left foot on the clutch. Then have to learn it all over again with your left hand from the wrong side of the car.

And no, I'd never pay that much for a RS5. Give me a C7 to go really fast ($70K). And an A4 for lousy weather along with a great interior ($40K). Then I'd still have an extra $10,000 or so to buy a new set of clubs and take a nice week long golf outing someplace warm right now
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote