The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06, a Shelby, a Porsche, a Ram
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,604
Who else fell in love? (Blog from GM Authority)

Diane did... at first sight. Move over facebook...

From the GM Authority MailBag: The following came to us from Diane R. two days after the reveal of the 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray:

"I’m fairly new to all this, so please forgive me if I don’t speak “the lingo” (which I’m hopping to be fluent in very soon). I just want to share my story and maybe make some friends along the way.

I have never had much of an interest in cars… never really had a reason to. I’ve driven and bought Toyota Corollas my entire 38 year-old life. My first car was a Toyota Echo, which I didn’t really like since it was too small. The Corolla seemed like a perfect fit for me: it was safe, reliable and affordable, and I couldn’t care less about any other features, options, or bells and whistles. I just wanted to get places without any fuss, safely. From what I gather, those attributes and priorities, let alone the cars, aren’t all too respected among “car people”.

All that changed for me on the evening of Sunday January 13th, when I was at home browsing around… I accidentally clicked on a Twitter link that was re-tweeted by one of my (male) friends. I came to your GM Authority site and I wanted to hit the back button, but I instantly fell in love with what I saw and couldn’t click back. What I saw was a red 2014 Chevrolet Corvette.

I never paid attention to any cars on the road, let alone Corvettes. I knew what a Corvette was, but I never really knew what it was all about. Still, I’m not sure what happened that night; I don’t really understand it yet. The only thing I know is that I will own a red 2014 Stingray Z51 when it comes out later this year.

I will drive it on beautiful roads, on the tracks, and everywhere in between. I want to wash it every weekend, and not in one of those automated washes either, but by hand, with a bucket and a hose. I want to wax it and park it in my garage, and park far, far away from everyone else in parking lots so that no one “accidentally” rams my new Corvette with their door (as I have done to others by accident with my Corolla).

I have never had such a feeling for cars in my life; maybe for shoes and jewelry, but even those things don’t need as much TLC as a car does. I already called my local Chevrolet dealer to reserve a spot to order one. In the time leading up to the summer/fall, I will do my best to rent as many 2013 Corvettes as I can, learn to drive a car with a manual transmission, and drive my Corolla to work and back with disgust and disdain.

I guess I fell in love.

Diane"
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
ec1990

 
Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,407
That is awesome, a new car person is born every day. It's just unfortunate there are so many people like this, now not everyone has to be a car person but the fact that millions of drivers can't do a simple tire change is pathetic in my opinion.

And there is just something about this car, that just clicks, I've never been more pumped for a car. It's awesome before I was looking at a 1LE/Boss 302 to get in a couple years. Now no question, no matter what comes out, A Cyber Gray Z51 2LT with Mag Ride is the car (unless Ashen Gray or Burnt Orange comes out). It will be a Corvette though.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06, a Shelby, a Porsche, a Ram
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7_Z51 View Post
And there is just something about this car, that just clicks, I've never been more pumped for a car. It's awesome before I was looking at a 1LE/Boss 302 to get in a couple years. Now no question, no matter what comes out, A Cyber Gray Z51 2LT with Mag Ride is the car (unless Ashen Gray or Burnt Orange comes out). It will be a Corvette though.
Same exact sentiments here... as for me I plan to keep my 45th and my Boss 302 and hopefully add a new Stingray. Prior to this I was thinking of eventually adding (again) a new M3, AMG, or even a P-car, but for the premium prices those 3 variants require the forthcoming Corvette seems like a better bargain for my hard earned bucks anyway...replete with fairly similar tech, bells & whistles as the other highline marques.

And yes, I fell for this new C7... and that's just in pics/vids so far. I can only imagine F2F...
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro
 
Scarrzz's Avatar
 
Drives: Suzuki Hayabusa
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana, CO, GA, TX, etc.
Posts: 2,014
I've loved Camaros all my life, and I still do.

I was expecting to see the next generation Corvette and appreciate it aesthetically, be impressed by it's technology and prowess, and then file it under, "for Corvette people."

I didn't expect for the shape to entice me like a new lover in a skin tight black jumpsuit.

It did.

I don't love Camaro any less. My question is...

No, I can't say it. But the question is there.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Bad@ssCamaro
Rogers' Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,715
Best looking production sports car.....










on the planet.....














bar none
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
I've loved Camaros all my life, and I still do.

I was expecting to see the next generation Corvette and appreciate it aesthetically, be impressed by it's technology and prowess, and then file it under, "for Corvette people."

I didn't expect for the shape to entice me like a new lover in a skin tight black jumpsuit.

It did.

I don't love Camaro any less. My question is...

No, I can't say it. But the question is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ss'vette View Post
Best looking production sports car.....










on the planet.....














bar none

I stand in complete agreement.

Parts of me I never knew existed are crawling with excitement. Like no other car I've seen before.

Chevy pride
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado
 
FenwickHockey65's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 GMC Envoy/2007 Ford F-150
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,179
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I like it more than the Impala.

And I freaking adore the Impala.
__________________
FenwickHockey65's GM Thread!

2003 GMC Envoy SLE - Airaid Cold Air Intake, Gibson Performance Catback Exhaust
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #8
dr damon
 
dr damon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Socal
Posts: 431
Always loved Camaros too but now I love for the new c7 too
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
MC2411
 
MC2411's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Summit White 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Same exact sentiments here... as for me I plan to keep my 45th and my Boss 302 and hopefully add a new Stingray. Prior to this I was thinking of eventually adding (again) a new M3, AMG, or even a P-car, but for the premium prices those 3 variants require the forthcoming Corvette seems like a better bargain for my hard earned bucks anyway...replete with fairly similar tech, bells & whistles as the other highline marques.

And yes, I fell for this new C7... and that's just in pics/vids so far. I can only imagine F2F...
That will be quite the stable with those three. The camaro and corvette will be quite the pair in my opinion
MC2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #10
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2411 View Post
That will be quite the stable with those three. The camaro and corvette will be quite the pair in my opinion
Yes. Wish I could keep both.
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
BSR-1

 
BSR-1's Avatar
 
Drives: 14,2LT,RS,MT,Black on Black
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Capo Beach, Ca
Posts: 1,188
Same here,
I saw it and I instantly new I HAD to have one. I can't afford one technically speaking but if you let a little thing like money stand between you and your dreams.......
BSR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #12
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06, a Shelby, a Porsche, a Ram
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,604
Again... just reviving this thread since many of us from the beginning fell in love, sight unseen... and even today (and tomorrow) many are still in awe with the C7 and would want one.
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
JIM D
 
Drives: Ordered coupe LT2 artic white
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 23
Love at first sight story: my wife and I are having drinks in NYC at Bari restaurant, watching the crowds outside when we both spy a white C7 cruising down Broadway. Love at first sight. We are both long time sportscar nuts, currently her X-Fire and my Boxster. When we got back home we ordered a C7. Goodbye Boxster, hello stingray(soon I hope)
JIM D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
Stingray
just can't get enough
 
Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06, a Shelby, a Porsche, a Ram
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SoFla
Posts: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM D View Post
Love at first sight story: my wife and I are having drinks in NYC at Bari restaurant, watching the crowds outside when we both spy a white C7 cruising down Broadway. Love at first sight. We are both long time sportscar nuts, currently her X-Fire and my Boxster. When we got back home we ordered a C7. Goodbye Boxster, hello stingray(soon I hope)
Congrats! You're going to love the C7!
__________________
Just a few toys... and from a Z51 to the Z06!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.