Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-16-2015, 10:22 AM   #71
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Its really odd. I just received an unsolicited letter from a local dealer wanting to buy my 2013 1LE Camaro. I never dealt with them or had heard of them, but somehow they found me. They said they had a very particular customer that wants a 2013 Camaro just like mine and offered up to 130% over book value. I'm going to keep the letter with my cars documentation, but can't see selling it; especially to a dealer I don't know. Only some collector MIGHT pay more being familiar with the 1LE package. And thats assuming it becomes valuable in another ten years or so. Funny thing is I went out to cars.com and could only find one other 1LE that looks like the one I have. I guess build counts were too low and perhaps some have been tracked to death.
That's a common dealership scam that they are all doing nowadays. They get your information from GM Finance or from your dealership in a trade of customer info. Then they give you this ridiculous story about a "special" customer wanting your car (cause yeah, like there aren't any other Camaros out there to buy). When you show up, you'll be told that that customer already found another car, but hey, "While you're here, let me show you this new 2015 Malibu we just got in stock."

I got at least 4 of those letters from my local Honda dealership after picking up a CPO Accord a few years back. Absolutely absurd and DO NOT keep that card and put it with your documentation.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #72
The Captain

Drives: No Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
That's a common dealership scam that they are all doing nowadays. They get your information from GM Finance or from your dealership in a trade of customer info. Then they give you this ridiculous story about a "special" customer wanting your car (cause yeah, like there aren't any other Camaros out there to buy). When you show up, you'll be told that that customer already found another car, but hey, "While you're here, let me show you this new 2015 Malibu we just got in stock."

I got at least 4 of those letters from my local Honda dealership after picking up a CPO Accord a few years back. Absolutely absurd and DO NOT keep that card and put it with your documentation.
I confirmed with a couple of co-workers who also received similar notices from car dealers that they never contacted. Same message about having a "particular" buyer looking for a car like theirs - yadda yadda yadda .......
At this point the only thing that could possibly convince me to let go of my 1LE would be a sweetheart deal on a new Stingray Z51 with the "magni" suspension. Anything short of that then why bother. I'll drive my 1LE and be happy ! ;-)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #73
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
Car Dealers / Salesman are so brainwashed, that even they believe what they are saying, but don't believe them for a second. Nothing you have is worth anything, but if the car you are trying to buy has a set of floormats dealer installed it's worth 10x what it cost to do it yourself. Next time you go look at a new car, just tell the salesman that it doesn't matter that it's a "1LE" or has Recarros, it's just an SS. In fact they should give you a discount because there's no market for that junk.
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #74
The Captain

Drives: No Car
As a young man looking for his first car, my father gave me the following advise. He said that dealers want to sell me a new car at the highest price and then trade in my car for free. I never forgot that. So if I sell a car I do it through a private sale and bypass dealers. It makes it easier to then buy new and pressure the dealer's salesman or walk.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote