Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #29
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Special packages may be worth something waaaaay down the road. The Hot Wheels package was only worth about 2k in trade-in $$ and that pkg stickered for like $6500. So I'm not surprised that the 1LE pkg isn't bringing much value to the table either.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #30
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Performance packages, like 1LE, B4C, WS6, or anything else that can be added to a trim, have almost no resale value. No one cares except performance buyers.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #31
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Special packages may be worth something waaaaay down the road. The Hot Wheels package was only worth about 2k in trade-in $$ and that pkg stickered for like $6500. So I'm not surprised that the 1LE pkg isn't bringing much value to the table either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Performance packages, like 1LE, B4C, WS6, or anything else that can be added to a trim, have almost no resale value. No one cares except performance buyers.
True ! But the look how high the used 1LE 's are priced ! They're holding a high value price!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #32
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
True ! But the look how high the used 1LE 's are priced ! They're holding a high value price!
I didn't say the retail value was low! They can pitch them as a racecar, but when they're buying a car, they know that most people leave with a family car. As a result, most dealerships keep a few performance cars on the lot, but they are pitching them to car guys, like us, and to the random walk-in customer who wants a sporty car. Knowing that they could sell to either a fool who doesn't know the value of the 1LE package or someone who values it very highly, they have to buy low. As car guys, we'll pay more for the 1LE package. That's why their value is higher on the sale side than the purchase side.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:05 PM   #33
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
A 1LE probably does not at all fit the mold of the customer that comes into a Carmax dealership. It is not surprising that the price is low. I have never felt that the 1LE package would bring me much at trade in due to its lack of popularity when the cars are bought new. Its not like they only will make a certain number per year. They will make as many as they get orders for, there are just not that many folks interested. Ours will either be tracked to death when it goes or have 200K on it so it does not matter to me, but if you bought this car for an investment, you better hope you live for about 40 more years to make it worth your while...if then.
Carmax by my house had a 1LE for a 2 to three days and sold it that quick! I wanted to go see it but it was gone already! So they know about 1LE's ! Probably not all Carmax!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #34
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I didn't say the retail value was low! They can pitch them as a racecar, but when they're buying a car, they know that most people leave with a family car. As a result, most dealerships keep a few performance cars on the lot, but they are pitching them to car guys, like us, and to the random walk-in customer who wants a sporty car. Knowing that they could sell to either a fool who doesn't know the value of the 1LE package or someone who values it very highly, they have to buy low. As car guys, we'll pay more for the 1LE package. That's why their value is higher on the sale side than the purchase side.
Gotcha!
Old 03-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #35
HuskerZ28

Drives: 2015 White Z/28 #633
I was offered 31k and 30k at dealers this weekend, too low I think. I think it should be around 34K. I was looking at a z/28. One dealer will sell the z for 71K and the other one is not budging off sticker. I told them both to keep dusting them. I think the z's will drop as soon as Chevy reveals the 2016 model, then maybe I'll jump in.
HuskerZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #36
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
That is why you need to download NADA and kelly blue book. So when they bring you a quote you fire up the two apps and you teach them how to click on the 1LE package or RS or Nav or Bose Stereo.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #37
Eleven
Out-Shocker/In-Minivan!

Drives: 1LE
They just tell you they just use NADA and KBB to confuse you.

The only one I use and trust is galves. there the book auctions use. They have the best up to date info on cars and auctions.

Try them.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:11 AM   #38
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
They go off of car auction sites.....

The Camaro's are soft cars guys...they don't hold there value very well....just too many of them out there.

We love our Camaros but the facts are the facts.

Your 1LE option package may mean something to a collector 10-20 years from now but I todays resell market it doesn't mean squat.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #39
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Carmax by my house had a 1LE for a 2 to three days and sold it that quick! I wanted to go see it but it was gone already! So they know about 1LE's ! Probably not all Carmax!
I bet it sold quick because it was priced like a regular SS. I bet they did not give any additional in trade and did not price it for resale with any additional over an SS. Either someone that knew what a 1LE was or someone that just loved the hood and wheels got a great deal, whether they knew what a 1LE was or not. I disagree that Carmax has any concept what a 1LE is.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:43 AM   #40
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Just for grins, did a KBB for our car. They value the 1LE package on a used 2013 1SS with about 26K miles on it at $2500...fyi.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:43 AM   #41
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
when I went for oil change I naturally walked the entire lot - a $69k ZR-1 and a $39k grand sport, plus that C7 going out the door. only three V6 Camaros in stock. when I got home I double checked the website and they show a used 2015 ( red rock? ) 1LE with 937 miles asking $34,995. I assume it was already sold because I sure didn't see it anywhere. Looks like 32k is max trade in value. I guess I can forget about a ZL-1 for now. I only want a ZL-1 when I'm NOT driving my 1LE....

disclaimer: if anyone knows the whereabouts of a manual - ZL-1 in summit white with orange Indy stripes and black 10 spokes my checkbook might open up...
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #42
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
Same in New York ! Value of trade directly affects the tax because it brings down the initial cost of your new car by taking the trade right the top.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote