The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 06-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Question GM changes policy on new car maintenance

"BREAKING: GM To Offer Free Basic Maintanance On Most MY14 Vehicles

Automotive News
June 6, 2013
Article Quotes:
DETROIT -- General Motors will include free maintenance on most 2014 Chevrolet, Buick and GMC models in a bid to increase sales through better customer loyalty, CEO Dan Akerson said today.
Buyers will get free oil and filter changes, tire rotations and 27-point inspections for two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. GM recently began offering the same deal on its Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups and already offers a more extensive free-maintenance program for Cadillac.
A GM spokesman said the offer will be good on "virtually all" models sold at retail, with the possible exception of a few low-volume, high-performance cars. " As a first time purchaser of a Stingray I was amazed to find it only comes with a 3 yr 36k warranty. I did not realize GM differentiated across it product lines. Now if I am reading this correctly the Corvette will be excluded from the 2 year free maintenance. My new XTS comes with 4yr 5ok bumper to bumper warranty and 4 yr 50k maintenance. Why is Corvette a poor stepchild when it comes to warranty and maintenance?
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
4 yr 50K is because its a cadillac right. That was my understanding of it. 5 yr 100K still on all powertrans
Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
mahituna

Drives: 427 Corvette
Just a guess but the dealerships probably only send 1-2 for training on the vette and it isn't a high volume seller. But with only 1-2 servicing they would be slammed by all the vette owners who baby the cars and would rush in for a review from the service dept. everytime some farted in the car
mahituna is offline   Reply With Quote