The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-19-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Good Price ? Or wait?

Well I think I'm gonna walk from my 1le i found a great trade price for it plus tax credit. The high volume dealers with the best c7 prices give the worse trade in prices so not an option.

After not having MRC on my first c7 and having it on my 1le I don't really think i need it. On track I use track setting and am fine and daily I don't mind a stiffer suspension ...

I found a c7 2017 z51 with PDR for 52-53k, 2016 used are even going for this price .... I would love to order my own specs as I don't like the silver rims * plan to powder coat (how is that process) also adding the carbon flash to badges and tail?

When the z51 prices gets to 56-57 I start thinking about the GS but I like the live ability of the z51...... Seems like Vette' are really holding there values for many years vs the SS falls in a month .
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
SR-71

Drives: 2015 Z51 Coupe 2LT Shark/red
I think you are making a wise move. Consider the Stringray/GS LT1 engine hasn't changed in 4 years, it wouldn't surprised me if GM bumps up the LT1's horsepower in the next year or two. Also waiting awhile may also give you some insight on the C8 design and features.