The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #29
Pete r welch

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Delivered 12/13/13. Not a single problem. Went to dealer ladt week for a flash, he checked the differential level (fine) and now it is time for our first short trip today to Allamuchy NJ. I love this car.
Pete r welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:24 AM   #30
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
Hey Pete r welch, you must be close to me. I'm in Flanders.
My time with the car has been OK so far-not perfect. I had a couple of rattles behind the panels by the passenger back window. I took the plastic panels off, put some felt in key places-rattles gone. Will be going in for a new clutch and or flywheel on Monday. From day one the clutch has always had a chatter when releasing slowly in stop and go traffic. Some said that it would go away-it never did. Otherwise car is fun. Last week my wife and I took it to Sea Side, NJ. I couldn't believe it but we got 37 MPG for the trip down in ECO mode doing 65 MPH. Granted 98 % of the trip was near ideal conditions on the highway.
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #31
Pete r welch

Drives: 2014 Stingray
I live in Lake Carmel NY. Visited relatives in Allamuchy. Great trip!
Pete r welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #32
raymbarr

Drives: 2014 Laguna Blue Convertible
I just got mine Feb. 14th and it has 1400 miles on it. I don't have any rattles or things like that but my seat memory settings are not working properly. There's other threads in the forums about these issues. If I press and hold the memory setting (after setting it), it just barely moves and stops. If I hold it again, the same. If I reach down, move the seat forward an inch, then press and hold the memory button it does the correct thing and moves into the correct position while I'm holding it.

In reading the threads, sounds like they're not having a lot of luck fixing this. As perfect as the rest of the car seems so far, I'm so happy with it, I'll deal with the workaround. I just reach down and push any button for a second, then hold the memory button and it goes into position.
raymbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #33
thrilled

Drives: 1LT
These are older mine is 4 months newer.I've had mine about A month now.I couldn't ask for A better car.The only problem that I'm having is keeping it clean.It's black so that's why.
But it's by far the best car that I've ever driven.
thrilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #34
TNSQUIRE

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport Shadow Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymbarr View Post
I just got mine Feb. 14th and it has 1400 miles on it. I don't have any rattles or things like that but my seat memory settings are not working properly. There's other threads in the forums about these issues. If I press and hold the memory setting (after setting it), it just barely moves and stops. If I hold it again, the same. If I reach down, move the seat forward an inch, then press and hold the memory button it does the correct thing and moves into the correct position while I'm holding it.

In reading the threads, sounds like they're not having a lot of luck fixing this. As perfect as the rest of the car seems so far, I'm so happy with it, I'll deal with the workaround. I just reach down and push any button for a second, then hold the memory button and it goes into position.
Not sure if you got this resolved. PM me and I can assist.
TNSQUIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:53 PM   #35
GOFAST
"RUMBLN" 1965 Sting Ray

Drives: 65 STINGRAY / 01 C5
I took delivery on my C7 on 10/16/13, VIN 3668. Today the C7 is approaching 9500 mi. We will doing the Gulf Coast Regional Caravan in August to BG, KY & from there on to Maine. Later in year will be driving the C7 to Washing state. So far only two minor issues - instrument lights dimming at dusk & adrenaline red leather strip in outer bolster wing of driver's seat back rest cushion developed a few blisters in the red coating. Both issues resolved in short order by dealership.

Best Corvette I've ever owned. Love driving it - good fuel economy in eco mode 32 to 37 MPG. My other two other Corvettes bunk mates to my C7:
1965 convertible
2001 coupe
Also had a 1985, had to sell it, no more shop space

Z51, 3LT, 7 speed tranny, NPP exhaust, MSRC, cyber gray, chrome wheels, red calipers. I reside in Brazoria, TX
Larry V
GOFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #36
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
My C7 is treating me just fine.

The only rattles are the lawn chairs I keep in back for car shows and club get togethers.

However, the front of my rear quarter panels look like a shotgun blast hit them from rocks. Thank you to GM and their worthless aftermarket GM splash guards.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #37
Ret9580

Drives: '99 Sienna till '15 Ray is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51Stingray View Post
However, the front of my rear quarter panels look like a shotgun blast hit them from rocks. Thank you to GM and their worthless aftermarket GM splash guards.
Hmmm, sounds like I need that area covered by Xpel
Ret9580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #38
bowtie440

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT Coupe
How is the C7 treating you?

Hello. #9687 checking in. Delivered 12/18/13. Absolutely love this car. Only have about 550 miles on my C7. In my neighborhood my C7 is known as "The Car". Great fun at local Caffeine And Octane car show. Zero problems, no squeaks or rattles. Planning to rack up some miles, and get her dirty, on the upcoming National Corvette Caravan.
bowtie440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #39
cosmicdust73

Drives: Black 3LT Stingray w/NPP, Carb Roof
If you asked me this a week ago I would say my C7 is treating me just fine! Unfortunately I'm 90% certain that I'm the latest person to fall victim to the dreaded torque tube rattle issue. I'm calling the dealership tomorrow and taking the car in next week to confirm. I'm really not thrilled about the idea of taking my 75k C7 Stingray with <7k miles to the dealership so they can tear it apart and replace the 6ft long driveline. Kind of scary... especially when the thing needs to be aligned perfectly in order to avoid blowing the engine.
cosmicdust73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #40
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
Is it safe to say that a to be delivered c7, i.e. in next month will not have this same torque tube rattle issue?
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #41
cosmicdust73

Drives: Black 3LT Stingray w/NPP, Carb Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Is it safe to say that a to be delivered c7, i.e. in next month will not have this same torque tube rattle issue?
Hard to say, but I doubt it. People were having this issue back in mid to late 2013. My car was purchased in Feb 2014 and is having the issue... so improvements have not been made. I think GM is well aware of the issue but I have read many recent threads indicating that the torque tube issue often returns even after replacing it. (meaning it could be a design flaw) I'm kind of bumming over it to tell you the truth...
cosmicdust73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:20 PM   #42
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
It saddens me to hear some of you are having such problems. I've had mine since October 4, 2013, and now have over 16,000 miles. The only issue of note was my infotainment screen went screwy and was replaced 3 weeks ago, a modestly common problem on early builds. No torque tube issues, not caught in any recalls, no leaks, no squeaks. Mine was built the end of week one of production, #196 off the line. I have a 7 speed 2LT Z51 coupe. I absolutely live my Stingray! Hang in there, these issues will get worked out eventually.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote