Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: Would you want hideaway headlights?
Yes 264 69.84%
No 114 30.16%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2006, 02:21 AM   #57
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I don't know if they'll offer them up as an option. I can say it is a very, very big possibility that GM will use the 30% more intense bulbs...whatever those are instead of the much more expensive to produce halo's.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #58
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
well i hope someone comes up w/a plan to make the hideaways I think them things look damn good on the car.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:42 PM   #59
official_style

Drives: 2005 ford mustang GT
im sure since saleen is making a camaro, they will make their own HIDs for the camaro, like they did with the stang, if it doesnt come with.

official_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #60
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Hate to say it, bro...Saleen is not making a Camaro. I know this was in a printed article, but this was also another topic visited during the dinner. I was told that this was all rumor and GM had no plans to mass produce specific Camaros with Saleen. I hate to throw a wrench in things, but this is what was said. That doesn't mean that it couldn't happen. I go by exactly what people say and am just passing it along that it was said, "that was all rumor and GM has no plans to work with Saleen at this time." But, as I've said before, anything is possible. Maybe the article was truth and GM is pissed that engine information was released so they are denying everything...WHO KNOWS?!?!?!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #61
official_style

well that doesnt bother me, i really do not like the way the saleen mustangs look, and for what you get, they are a major rip off. your paying like 20 grand extra just for the name. how much bigger is the new camaro going to be compared to the last gen, like yours? btw, your ride looks real clean, when buying my mustang, i was between it and an f body, but i wanted a brand new car.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #62
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by official_style View Post
well that doesnt bother me, i really do not like the way the saleen mustangs look, and for what you get, they are a major rip off. your paying like 20 grand extra just for the name. how much bigger is the new camaro going to be compared to the last gen, like yours? btw, your ride looks real clean, when buying my mustang, i was between it and an f body, but i wanted a brand new car.
Thanks for the compliment!

I wouldn't mind Saleen working on the Camaros. It would be really wierd, but also cost an arm and a leg to get one. Nah...no thanks.

I couldn't tell you how much larger the concept will be over that of the 4th gen. All the specs on the concept have changed from what I understand. It was supposed to be 6 inches wider than any Camaro they've ever built, but now have narrowed it down a bit . I have plenty of room in my 4th gen to move around...another reason to buy a Camaro over a Mustang for me. Don't forget, I drove my wifes all the time. Then again, it wasn't the latest body style.

I had a heck of a time when I had my 02 Z28 totalled. I hate buying used cars because you buy the problems along with them. I wanted new, but had to get into another Camaro. Along came the deal of a lifetime with my SS.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #63
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
Interview w/ Corvette Chief Engineer explains why 6 speed auto (and not 8) chosen

Quote:
where can i get those hood pins shown on the pic?

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:24 AM   #64
official_style

i got them from either jegs or summit. just make sure you meausre first, they come in different lengths. that is a SICK setup in your cts! i rented a cts last spring when i was in miami, great car, if i had to get a 4dr, it would prob be a cts-v!

Old 12-08-2006, 07:59 AM   #65
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
Quote:
i got them from either jegs or summit. just make sure you meausre first, they come in different lengths. that is a SICK setup in your cts! i rented a cts last spring when i was in miami, great car, if i had to get a 4dr, it would prob be a cts-v!
for xmas, i'm hoping to convince my wife of new rims for my CTS.

maybe i'll get a wing spoiler a few months after the rims.

Is there a link for Jegs or Summit? When measuring, am i measuring from where i will be drilling the base?

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #66
official_style

yes, from the base. if you get them too long, it doesnt matter since they are adjustable.
heres a bunch of hood pins
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...633&D=%2D98633

Old 12-09-2006, 03:09 AM   #67
Seanskny

Drives: 2011 2SS RS delivered 6-22-10
The flip up lights wouldn't effect the aerodynamics in the new car, they would be hidden. Do you think they would go on top of the hood, or look like the front of a vette?
Seanskny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #68
Blown09SS
Stang & Challenger Menace

Drives: '09 Blown SS (can't wait!)
Hidden headlights?

In the latest issue of Motor Trend (with the hideous concept Mustang on the cover) there is an article and pics on the 'vert. Check it out for more "drool factor." Tom Peters made some comments in there as well. He said he expects the hideaway headlight kit to be launched at the SEMA show next year. As long as the lines blend well, and it doesn't look like an "afterthought", I'm all for it. I wonder if they might look very similar to these concept pics:

Blown09SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #69
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
There is a lenghty thread in this forum discussing hidden headlights.

IMO, there will be aftermarket conversions most likely, but not production.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #70
Blown09SS
Stang & Challenger Menace

Drives: '09 Blown SS (can't wait!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
There is a lenghty thread in this forum discussing hidden headlights.

IMO, there will be aftermarket conversions most likely, but not production.

Thanks for the heads up Moose...I'm new, but I'll do a search. And yes, I fully expect them to be aftermarket considering he said they'll be released at SEMA, which is an aftermarket show. I attend every year, and it's the best show you could EVER see! Last year I took over 300 pics in fact!
Blown09SS is offline   Reply With Quote