Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-07-2016, 11:52 PM   #29
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Quick watch this. You'll come back to your senses!!

Old 09-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #30
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
I learned something today that was the nail in the coffin of me getting a 6th generation SS: It's direct injection.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:15 AM   #31
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I learned something today that was the nail in the coffin of me getting a 6th generation SS: It's direct injection.

Really limits your choice of vehicle(s) going forward

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #32
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The ZL1 hasn't been delayed. The automatic transmission isn't going to be available until next year, but the ZL1 is still going into production right on schedule.

I read the ZL1 was going to be introduced with the 8 speed automatic.
But, it's probably, "who would buy that when the 10 speed is coming?"

Didn't Ford design that 10-speed RWD and Chevy did a FWD trans?
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:49 AM   #33
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I refuse to own a DI gasoline vehicle. IMO, they are subject to a lot more issues down the road. Now I do own a diesel. A dodge cummins is the only DI vehicle I will ever own.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #34
SlimeV8
The ? And the answer

Drives: 2010 2SS SIM M6
While I don't think the Camaro is in any Trouble i will be skipping the 6th gen and waiting to see what the 7th brings. The 6th gen is just a generic looking sports car and nothing special. I really hope the design changes quickly bc i like Chevys but I'll be getting a Scat Pack Challenger this time around. I just am not in love with the 6th and I need to be I order to buy a car
SlimeV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #35
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
I refuse to own a DI gasoline vehicle. IMO, they are subject to a lot more issues down the road. Now I do own a diesel. A dodge cummins is the only DI vehicle I will ever own.
Noisy and dirty valves for starters.
Will be interesting to see how much it cost to clean the valves and how often it needs to be done.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #36
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Wow, it seems like there is a lot of resentment in here over the new gen Camaro. Some seem to say it strolled too far away from the 'muscle car' look, others say it didn't go far enough from the gen 5. Not sure what everyone expected, put a new motor in the current body, or what?

While I don't 'love' everything about the new car design, I don't 'love' everything about the my 5th gen either, but in both, there is plenty to like.

I look at he Gen 6, in terms of performance and styling, and what I see is the opportunity to get near Corvette performance, as close as the Camaro has ever been for $10-$20K less money than a new Corvette. Then compare the car to competitors in the class, both foreign and domestic, and it's a no brainer to me.

From a styling aspect, I can see why some don't like it compared to the 5th gen. The 5th gen was an iconic design, especially 10-13. I think it wall stand among the best looking muscle cars for a very long time. But a lot has happened in technology in the last decade. Part of this advancement is in the aerodynamic properties and wind tunnel testing. Parts of this car look like so many others because these designs are efficient in reducing drag, increasing cooling, and aiding in handling and stability at high speed. Like it or not, we have come to that plateau in performance vs regulation that every little thing matters.

I will admit that the direct injection engine is a concern for me as well. The valve coking issue seems to be unavoidable by the very nature of the design. A good catch can, or chemical top end cleaning at regular intervals from the very beginning, can slow that down significantly. Of course, both of these will need to be done with the blessing of your dealer if you want to keep warranty in tact. The other main concern with the DI engine is the high pressure fuel pump in the manifold. If it fails, terrible things can happen. The question is what safeguards are in place?

Now, some just don't like the car. I get that, but it is what it is. However, it seems that GM chose a great platform, read up on the ATS and CTS and what folks are saying about those. It's a new generation and the Camaro is evolving.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #37
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i dont mind the looks of the 6th gen,but the roofline is about an inch lower .at 6 ft 2 i need that inch.also when i bought my 2015 i didnt pay extra for the 6 cylinder over the (not available then)4.saved about 10 grand getting a gently used (certified)2015 RS and it still is covered by warrantee.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:10 PM   #38
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I read the ZL1 was going to be introduced with the 8 speed automatic.
But, it's probably, "who would buy that when the 10 speed is coming?"

Didn't Ford design that 10-speed RWD and Chevy did a FWD trans?
GM and Ford co-designed it together. There will be some minor differences between the two as each manufacturer "improves" on the design. They also went together a few years ago on the 6T40-6T70 that is in most FWD/AWD GM cars and several Ford models
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #39
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch38 View Post
Hi everyone my name is Stretch, I just want to introduce myself. I have 2013 Chevy Camaro Convertible, original color black. i want to share a picture of my car and the transformation that was made. Gloss Dragon Fire Red# Black Matte Stripe/ Accents# Chrome Stripes# Vinyl# Bad Assss.
I will also share a picture of my 99 Porsche Carrera and its transformation. I still prefer my Camara they are just awesome.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:02 AM   #40
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:45 AM   #41
deweyg63

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 500+ h.p. monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
The camaro has been on dedicated assembly lines(fbody) until now. Its being run on the same assembly line as 2 other cars. That helps a lot.
This doesnt really matter. I worked in a plant that made an suv, convertible, 2 door and 4 door models. You could have any of those come down the line at any time in any order. Not a problem. The problems begin in the design or lack of
deweyg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:56 PM   #42
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I Believe the 2018 2SS will have the same hood as the ZL1, as the 5th Gen did, Then I could maybe get excited about it.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote