Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #15
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRBAD06 View Post
there are two small drain hoses that are located on the top of the trunk near the far rear (in top corners). They drain water I believe from the sunroof. On my 2011, they were just pushed into the drain holes but would come out over time. Mine would also get wet. Once I found this, and kept the hoses in the drain holes, problem solved.
I had the same problem with my 2010. Right side top corner hose. Just had to twist it slightly and no more leaks since
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #16
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
I had the same problem with my 2010. Right side top corner hose. Just had to twist it slightly and no more leaks since
I think my neighbors thought I went crazy, they already know I am ocd about washing my car. It was an off and on rainy day and I am standing in the driveway with the water hose standing in one place drenching that side of the sun roof trying to figure out the problem. LOL
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:48 AM   #17
Dan1028
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS A6
I just had the leak in my trunk repaired. According to the repair shop, the leak had nothing to do with the drainage lines or trunk gasket.

No, my leak was special: the rear glass and trough were sources of water intrusion and had to be completely resealed. Not something I would have suspected on a 3 year old car which has never been rear ended, and which I purchased new.

LEFT HAND DRIVE
Dan1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #18
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I second the person that mentioned the trunk release cable - Went out one morning on my way to work, and put my bag in the trunk only to find it SOAKING wet.

pulled out my carpet, stuck it in the garage to dry, and went to work.

That evening, I opened the trunk, and laid down a bunch of paper towels, closed the trunk, and turned the hose on it trying to identify specific area of the leak.

It was the cable that is on the right side of the trunk just to the inside of the hinge. It had pinched on the weather stripping, and was giving just enough room for water to get through. Pulled it out of the way, and haven't had an issue since!
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:57 AM   #19
brooksman9

Drives: 2013 RS/2LT. 73 Z28 under construct
Wife found and fixed the drain hose a couple of weeks ago. I just now got time to check it out and found about 6" standing water in the spare tire well. Draining and drying now. Thought about drilling a small hole in the plastic plug to make sure it doesn't get that full again. Anyone done anything similar?
brooksman9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, trunk, water