Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-12-2007, 03:14 AM   #15
maro&bird

Drives: ls3 ss
confused

killer's point is really good .... can't find a difference in there put me out of this misery help tag
maro&bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 AM   #16
$anani

Drives: chevy s10
i think they just needed to move somethings and shorten the rear to make room for the conv. i read that changes had to be made and thats probaly oneof them. but u never know but good eye.
$anani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
This is most likely a narrower car. Killer found that the gas cap location had changed. But, I got to looking at it and for one, there's a single brake light on the back of the vert on the center rear. Then, look at the trunk lid lines on the rear. They slope inward on the original concept and outward on the vert. Also, the rear deck lid looks different. I see that they shortened the lid itself (probably for the vert top). But does the surface area look any different to ya'll?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #18
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
This is most likely a narrower car. Killer found that the gas cap location had changed. But, I got to looking at it and for one, there's a single brake light on the back of the vert on the center rear. Then, look at the trunk lid lines on the rear. They slope inward on the original concept and outward on the vert. Also, the rear deck lid looks different. I see that they shortened the lid itself (probably for the vert top). But does the surface area look any different to ya'll?
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #19
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
OK. I spend waaayyy too much time thinking about the new Camaro. I was out walking my dog (Moose) at the park, and it hit me.

Anyway, here's what I was thinking, and it kind of "backs up" what '$anani's comment was.

The reason for the gas lid being closer to the outside of the rear fender than that on the coupe....??????.....ready???????? To make room for the folding-top mechanism!!!

How 'bout that little "nugget"?!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:05 PM   #20
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
OK. I spend waaayyy too much time thinking about the new Camaro. I was out walking my dog (Moose) at the park, and it hit me.

Anyway, here's what I was thinking, and it kind of "backs up" what '$anani's comment was.

The reason for the gas lid being closer to the outside of the rear fender than that on the coupe....??????.....ready???????? To make room for the folding-top mechanism!!!

How 'bout that little "nugget"?!
Definitely a possibility… The fuel hose to fuel tank may need to be relocated for that exact reason. But, the convertible has no top and/or frame work… How about them apples…
Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 PM   #21
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Definitely a possibility… The fuel hose to fuel tank may need to be relocated for that exact reason. But, the convertible has no top and/or frame work… How about them apples…
Ummmm...OK! That may be true. But they're showing us NOW where the cap will be once there is a top and/or frame work.

Yeah! That's it!!!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #22
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Ummmm...OK! That may be true. But they're showing us NOW where the cap will be once there is a top and/or frame work.

Yeah! That's it!!!
True, but it would not be cost effective to have two different left rear quarter panels…

Plus if you look at the location one both concepts the fuel cap looks to be in the same place, just that the convert has a narrower left rear quarter…

We are just going to have to measure both when no one is looking.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #23
Zyreal
Long Arm

Drives: Dodge Neon
AND...It being closer to the edge would limit gas drops on the paint. Nudge, nudge...

- Z
Zyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:25 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That's it! That's gotta be the new location for the gas cap. I sure hope they don't screw it up and move it to the side of the quarter panel due to the folks worried about gas leakage. I'm w/ ya. Someone's going to have to break out the measuring tape. This has got to be the real deal!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #25
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
there is a third brake light in the rear spoiler/air dam.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Hi everyone, Just to let you know i'm new here, and i couldn't help but give my 2 cents :
I doubt that any vehicle manufacturer would decide to give any vehicle's Convertible compliment an extra tail light just because its the 'vert. That being said I think that this is a closer representation of the Production Camaro.
I also realized while watching a video of the 'vert driving around that this couldn't be a slimmer Camaro without shrinking the rear axle some, because the tires and wheel wells look the same on the 'vert (in the video) as they do on the Coupe.
So I'd have to agree with TAG and anyone else who said it, this must be the new location of the gas cap
Old 01-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #27
Mungo

Drives: trans am
The convertible has the third brake light just below the spoiler>
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #28
Mungo

Drives: trans am
I certainly hope the wheels on the convertibel are NOT the production wheels. Those are ffff ugly. The coupes are perfect.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote