The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 05-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
weaponX
I'm your pusher!

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 1000HP CTS V, 06 H2
Thumbs up weaponX splitter and aero kit

I took the afternoon to do some around town shots of our "weapon7" aero kit for you guys! We're in business and you can find all of these parts on our website. Lead time is running 15-20 business days right now in the carbon dept. The parts are hand laid true CARBON FIBER and made in the USA! You get American quality and we ship anywhere. We also offer these parts in fiberglass if you're looking to save a little and plan to paint.

Hood - I've always liked a slightly more aggressive hood profile. The C7 hood looks great, but I wanted more muscle up the center. Our hood is raised 1" at the vents and carriers rearward and more broad as well. You have your choice to reuse the factory vents or opt for a wire mesh insert that I have, but haven't swapped in for pics yet. The OEM radiator outlet duct bolts to the bottom like stock as well. Aside from the extractor vent, there is also a cowl induction vent at the back of the larger hood that you can opt to have open with mesh for additional cooling. Mine is open and you can see the heat pour out of the back of it. The extractor vent only pulls the heat from the radiator, while the heat from the engine bay rises and stays inside there when at a standstill. It's a 2pc hood, so you can either opt for both sides carbon or reduce the cost with a carbon outer and fiberglass inner or reverse if painting entire outer, etc.

Splitter - It has a nice lip across the front that tapers up and angles downward between the two fins on the lower front bumper lip so there's no awkward flat step up to try and bridge the gap. This space between the fins also provides some driveway relief! I know a couple of you guys were worried about the winglets on the side. They're in line with the tires and they're very short, so they blend in very well, but really draw some nice attention as well! It uses all OEM mounting bolt holes and if present, you can reattach your air deflectors under them if you wish.

Rocker blades - These run wheel to wheel and don't flare out until past the door line. We did this not only for style but to also keep the road rash off the bulging rear fenders. Again, these use all OEM bolt hole for mounting.

Spoiler - This subtle piece really has been a surprising favorite! It's similar to the Z51 spoiler, yet has a taller center section that is carried off of the lines coming from the hatch and extends up and outward over the rear brake light. It uses the Z51 mounting holes and we can send the template for those without one for mounting.

Diffuser - This was a highly anticipated piece for a lot of us. The C7 looked like it was ready for them from the factory, yet they left the surface flat. Our diffuser is a one piece unit that replaces the factory bumper cover entirely. It also uses the OEM mounting locations and the factory heat shield bolts in.

Enjoy the pics!

Notice the splitter and hood profile

side profile of splitter, rockers, and spoiler

Check out the splitter and hood profile!

weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Great pix! I had the honor of seeing your car in person at the Bash last month, and I must say, these pieces are spectacular! They have every bit of the quality seen in the factory exposed carbon roof, and are a great compliment to it! I love the styling of the rear spoiiler especially, and it is on my short list of Things To Buy for my Stingray as funds free up.

And congrats on the Celebrity Coice Award at the Bash!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #3
GauravNarsinghani

Drives: Corvette C7, Nissan 370z, Toyota FJ
Holy Smokes. What rims are those?!
GauravNarsinghani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c7 aero, c7 diffuser, c7 splitter, weaponx