Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-15-2024, 12:07 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Show me your Garage Floors for Camaros

I'm looking at a Polyurea system which is supposed to be a lot better than Epoxy. (not going tiles)

I need ideas on colors or even Camaro related logos in the floor.

Here's a video of what I'm planning...

Show me what you have
Old 03-15-2024, 01:46 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I did a “granite” style look on mine. Been a few years and still love it. No Camaro logo though lol!

Name:  IMG_4514_Original.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  243.2 KB

Name:  20211016_171235_Original.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  270.6 KB
Old 03-15-2024, 02:01 PM   #3
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Best decision I made was having a poly floor done in our garage! Looks great, durable...WAAY more so than epoxy, and easy to clean! There are 3 guys I work with that have epoxy floors in their garage and they said they will never do epoxy again. SORRY for the sideways pics!!!!

Name:  floor_1.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  171.5 KB

Name:  floor_2.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  151.8 KB

Name:  floor_3.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  218.3 KB
Old 03-15-2024, 04:19 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
Best decision I made was having a poly floor done in our garage! Looks great, durable...WAAY more so than epoxy, and easy to clean! There are 3 guys I work with that have epoxy floors in their garage and they said they will never do epoxy again. SORRY for the sideways pics!!!!
Looks like we have the same one!

Although your coating gave your car Spider-Man powers…damn…
Old 03-15-2024, 05:40 PM   #5
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Looks like we have the same one!

Although your coating gave your car Spider-Man powers…damn…
At least we know we both have good taste right!!??.
Those spider powers are something else, let me tell you!!
Old 03-15-2024, 08:06 PM   #6
Joshinator99

Quote:
At least we know we both have good taste right!!??.
Those spider powers are something else, let me tell you!!
Old 03-15-2024, 09:12 PM   #7
spdkilz911

Drives: 23 ZL1 20 Jeep GC
I have a Poly floor that looks like the two above. Only been down for about 6 months but it is great!
Old 03-15-2024, 09:46 PM   #8
KC64
Gray Ghost

Drives: 24 Camaro 2SS Loaded
Super easy to clean! Makes it actually a usable room! Do not know why it loads sideways I can’t get it turned!

Name:  floor.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  225.4 KB
KC64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:51 PM   #9
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC64 View Post
Super easy to clean! Makes it actually a usable room! Do not know why it loads sideways I can’t get it turned!
Wow, am I the only guy that didn’t get free Spider-Man powers with their new floor?!?
Old 03-15-2024, 09:55 PM   #10
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Here's our fix:

Part 1:

Part 2:

We chose a nice, bright color to make place brighter and less likely to loose gray bolt that falls to the floor.

It's SOOOO much easier to clean than bare concrete. Sweeping is effortless.

Name:  20240113_133931.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  233.5 KB

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:47 PM   #11
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
I put epoxy down about 10 years ago, and I'll never have a bare concrete garage again. Night and day difference. Not saying Poly isn't better, as I've never done any research on it, but how much better could it possibly be? It's a floor. Just sweep and it's clean. I hose it out once a year or when a big job gets it dirty. It repels brake fluid, so I don't see how much more durable you'd want. Still....not saying poly isn't better. Maybe it's cheaper? Easier to apply?

EDIT* -So I wanted to edit as not to add MORE posts that weren't directly related the the original question, but I DID feel this info may be helpful.

-Polyurea is technically stronger, but it's more about marketing, as both are more than strong enough to handle all but the most abusive types of use. BOTH will fail if not put down properly.
-Poly sets up faster, so it can be less of a hassle for customer and installer, but again marketing as it's a one time inconvenience having to clear out the garage. Poly can be finished in a day, where epoxy takes 2 or 3.
-Poly will not fade due to UV. Once again marketing though, as most epoxy won't see enough UV to make a major difference in color fade or yellowing for many many years, and unless you don't do WORK in your garage, the general wear and tear will show far more than any fading.
-Most poly primers don't give moisture protection like Epoxy. Some do, and sometimes it's not needed. Discuss with your installer.
-Both will fail if not properly installed, and both will be more than you'll ever need if installed correctly. Poly does have less potential for issues, should the floor be put down improperly, but again marketing. Your installer should have no problem installing EITHER primer, and you should have warranty on EITHER type from your installer, should problems arise.

After an hour of research, it does seem as though poly isn't a bad choice. My wife and I are hoping to move into what we hope is our "last" home in the next year or two, and I'll definitely take a good look at poly for my garage floor. That being said, I watched 3 back to back videos where the professional installers all said they preferred poly, but it almost always came down to the time. They can get it done faster, and the customer liked that they can move their belongings back into the garage faster. Most of the other "benefits" weren't really a concern, and didn't largely impact the decision. Anyhow, interesting topic. I put down a DIY epoxy job in my current garage 10 years ago and it's been great. No issues at all. Still, I'll definitely look at poly when the time comes for another floor.

Last edited by Abubaca; 03-16-2024 at 08:20 AM.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:27 AM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I did a “granite” style look on mine. Been a few years and still love it. No Camaro logo though lol!
I'm looking at the same color as my house brick is gray also.
https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/#inbox
Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation and your floor looks just like what I want to do. Now I need some of those race ramps too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdkilz911 View Post
I have a Poly floor that looks like the two above. Only been down for about 6 months but it is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC64 View Post
Fixed all the pics.... Ours is a usable room now (my man cave) and I'm pretty sick of concrete. Two years ago when the house was built we started and had the concrete ground and prepped but torrential rains came and we had movers scheduled so ended up filling it up with stuff and never finished.

Quote:
Wow, am I the only guy that didn’t get free Spider-Man powers with their new floor?!?
I'm going to get me some of that too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
I put epoxy down about 10 years ago, and I'll never have a bare concrete garage again. Night and day difference. Not saying Poly isn't better, as I've never done any research on it, but how much better could it possibly be? It's a floor. Just sweep and it's clean. I hose it out once a year or when a big job gets it dirty. It repels brake fluid, so I don't see how much more durable you'd want. Still....not saying poly isn't better. Maybe it's cheaper? Easier to apply?

EDIT* -So I wanted to edit as not to add MORE posts that weren't directly related the the original question, but I DID feel this info may be helpful.

-Polyurea is technically stronger, but it's more about marketing, as both are more than strong enough to handle all but the most abusive types of use. BOTH will fail if not put down properly.
-Poly sets up faster, so it can be less of a hassle for customer and installer, but again marketing as it's a one time inconvenience having to clear out the garage. Poly can be finished in a day, where epoxy takes 2 or 3.
-Poly will not fade due to UV. Once again marketing though, as most epoxy won't see enough UV to make a major difference in color fade or yellowing for many many years, and unless you don't do WORK in your garage, the general wear and tear will show far more than any fading.
-Most poly primers don't give moisture protection like Epoxy. Some do, and sometimes it's not needed. Discuss with your installer.
-Both will fail if not properly installed, and both will be more than you'll ever need if installed correctly. Poly does have less potential for issues, should the floor be put down improperly, but again marketing. Your installer should have no problem installing EITHER primer, and you should have warranty on EITHER type from your installer, should problems arise.

After an hour of research, it does seem as though poly isn't a bad choice. My wife and I are hoping to move into what we hope is our "last" home in the next year or two, and I'll definitely take a good look at poly for my garage floor. That being said, I watched 3 back to back videos where the professional installers all said they preferred poly, but it almost always came down to the time. They can get it done faster, and the customer liked that they can move their belongings back into the garage faster. Most of the other "benefits" weren't really a concern, and didn't largely impact the decision. Anyhow, interesting topic. I put down a DIY epoxy job in my current garage 10 years ago and it's been great. No issues at all. Still, I'll definitely look at poly when the time comes for another floor.
Thanks for the comments... pretty much the same thing I've done after I got an estimate of 5k from Garage Force for Poly. I had never heard of before so wanted to do some research before pulling the trigger.

Seems it's more difficult to put down since it drys so fast and a couple $$ per sq foot more expensive but this is my forever house so might as well do it right.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:35 AM   #13
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm looking at the same color as my house brick is gray also.

Thanks for the confirmation and your floor looks just like what I want to do. Now I need some of those race ramps too.

Fixed all the pics.... Ours is a usable room now (my man cave) and I'm pretty sick of concrete. Two years ago when the house was built we started and had the concrete ground and prepped but torrential rains came and we had movers scheduled so ended up filling it up with stuff and never finished.

I'm going to get me some of that too...

Thanks for the comments... pretty much the same thing I've done after I got an estimate of 5k from Garage Force for Poly that I had never heard of before. Wanted to do some research before pulling the trigger.

Seems it's more difficult to put down since it drys so fast and a couple $$ per sq foot more expensive but this is my forever house so might as well do it right.
I live in a climate that goes from 100+ in the summer to -20(not including windchill) in the winter so cracking was a concern for me which is why I chose the poly since its more "flexible". Paid 5k for our flooring in 2018 and 6 years later I'm glad we went with it. Looks just like it did when it was put down and no signs of cracking or wear and tear. Would do poly again if we moved to another house. NOT saying epoxy is bad, just going off of the guys I work with that have had problems with epoxy living in the same climate as me...Just my .02 and experience with poly so far.

Also as a side note...have had the race ramp Flatstoppers now for 2 years and are very pleased with them. Car sits on them from October-May each year and have had NO flat spots. I know there are probably people that don't use them and don't get flat spots but the cost of tires was/is not worth the risk to me.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:35 AM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Here's our fix:

We chose a nice, bright color to make place brighter and less likely to loose gray bolt that falls to the floor.

It's SOOOO much easier to clean than bare concrete. Sweeping is effortless.
A white floor was definitely under considerations and yours looks great... so Apoxy finished with Poly.

Is that a lift they are working around? It never did really show.