Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-16-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
bobbyhhh

Drives: DODGE RAM 1500 HEMI
went to detroit auto show and...

I saw the convertable camaro, looks pretty cool, but I still like the coupe better. Anyways, the gm booth consist of your collar and tie peeps and plant workers that will be building the camaro. I got to talking to some of these gm personnels. What they told me was the convertable concept was just a concept and their was no guarntee what the production version would look like. The coupe on the other hand, will look identical to the concept that we all have been checking out the last couple years.That infromation most of us heared prior to this. The other discussion we had was a topic that I, nor other people brought up and they did, was the fact that the coupe and the convertable concept were both 2008 models. Not 2009. Trust me when I say myself and other people asked them again, and they said , they know what they said the first time- 2008. Almost the whole 30 min I spent at the gm booth the only two topics I heared was, gm personnels defending the look of the camaro coupe and the fact both cars are 08 models. Interesting, what do you guys think.
bobbyhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It would suprise me to think that GM, with how increadibly hush hush they are, would go and tell everyone about the "2008" model Concept before releasing the change in plans w/ the press. Don't get me wrong...I still think that if all goes well with production plans, it will be out in late 08. They could call the concepts "2008 model Concepts" while still knowing that the actual production model will be a 2009. I don't know why they would do that.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
bobbyhhh

Drives: DODGE RAM 1500 HEMI
I'm not sure ethier what they meant concept or actual model but they did say model 2008. Whatever that means. Like I said no one ask them what model year, they brought up the topic themselves, without even thinking about it. Anyways, I thought I'll give you guys the heads up, as info comes my way. I will be going to the toronto show in feb.
bobbyhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
OverAnxious

Drives: 1967 RS/SS L78 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to OverAnxious Send a message via Yahoo to OverAnxious
I don't imagine the coupe that hits showroom floors would look that much different then the convertible would, sans the roof of course
OverAnxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
well it can be an 08 and come out in 08. or they could release it as an 09 model in 08. but I'm still standing by what I have seen and saying it will come out sometime in 08. what model year they decide to call it is up to them.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yeah...that's just odd that someone (or two people) would go and do that. Maybe GM is confident it will be out in 2008. Maybe they are saying amongst themselves that they think it can be hitting the dealers in 08 and maybe they can call it an 08. Maybe, just maybe, they are that confident. The most important thing will always be what GM announces. I seriously can't wait to see how this Camaro rides....it's going to be freakin great!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Thanks for the interesting facts however I dont think the coupe and vert will be all that different besids the obvious difference. GM is trying to keep the production costs down to maximize profits. why would they want to have two cars that have completly different sheet metal under the same nameplate and in the same factory it just dosent make sense.:o
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I think what he was saying was that the production vehicles we see on showroom floors are not going to be that different from the current vert concept we see now. In others words, what you see (in the vert) is what you get. There won't be any differences between two production veh's except for the obvious (hard/soft top).
Old 01-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
AH ok now it all makes sense nevermind my last post.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote