Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-31-2016, 08:00 PM   #1
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Got an SS ?? Do you know what you have ??

I am one of "those" guys ...performance junkie...ok I admit it ...moving on.. I traded my C7 for that car (2016 SS) , I say that car because after about 14k in the SS my "performance lazy eye" kicked in ... It is criminal what C7's are going for these days. Yeah I pulled the trigger on a 2016 Z51 with 3k on the ticker...but he is not about what I have .. Is it.
That SS is an amazing car at a phenomenal price, a car that you cannot allow the wife to experience the initial detonation in the garage or you will get "that look" you know that look..the "That's not funny" look ... Odd I find it damn funny... And damn fine ...an American anthem of sorts...you SS'rs got one hell of a banshee , for those that start up in "Sport" .. I miss that..
Thanks to that experience I am now investing about $500 in a Corsa X pipe and getting rid of the back set of "non monitored " CATs just to get close to that "sound" again, Guys the "bark" of the SS is more exciting than that of a C7. While I am not saying that the SS can match the handling prowess of the C7...totally different animal guys ... But the SS is a kneck snapper for sure ..you have much to be proud of. I see a Gen6 SS these days from a whole new light and much more respect, not just the SS, that platform is an amazing car whose tune is far from being over with. I miss the room.... I miss that solid ...chiseled hind end ..hiked up to the rest of the world as if to say ...bring it...come get ya some..you guys are a great group....mod on. Fellas.
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
I was neck and neck with a stingray at the strip. ET as well as trap.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Would the X pipe sound that much more aggressive instead of deleting the secondary cats with a straight pipe?

Yes, the SS is a beefy looking car. Love the C7 as well
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:03 PM   #4
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
Wait. You traded a C7 for an SS and the traded that one in for another C7?

Props to you
BluinSC is online now   Reply With Quote