The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
XBox one or PS4

Thinking about getting one of these soon!

Not up to date on the gaming systems, could the gamers out there give me the pros and cons to which one is preferable and why!

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
If you like using the camera games, xbox defiantly
If it's not much of an issue, go with PS4 IMO
I like the feel of the remote more.

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
First and foremost, if you have friends who play games and you play multiplayer with them, find out what they're getting. If that's not a factor, figure out what exclusives you like more. If you're a halo/gears of war gamer, get an XBone. If you're an uncharted/last of us/indie game gamer, get a ps4.
If motion control games are important to you at all, you probably wanna go XBone
If you want something that integrates your whole entertainment center, then get an XBone

If you want pure gaming performance, get a ps4
If you think you might spring for a vita, remote play works amazing, get a ps4
If you're going to pay for their online service, ps plus will give you a crap-ton of free games and mega discounts on others. Get a ps4

Everyone is different. My choice was ps4, but I think their first party developers are amazing, I already had a vita and ps plus, and I am far more ingrained in the Sony ecosystem even though I've owned a 360 longer than my ps3 and vita.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
First and foremost, if you have friends who play games and you play multiplayer with them, find out what they're getting. If that's not a factor, figure out what exclusives you like more. If you're a halo/gears of war gamer, get an XBone. If you're an uncharted/last of us/indie game gamer, get a ps4.
If motion control games are important to you at all, you probably wanna go XBone
If you want something that integrates your whole entertainment center, then get an XBone

If you want pure gaming performance, get a ps4
If you think you might spring for a vita, remote play works amazing, get a ps4
If you're going to pay for their online service, ps plus will give you a crap-ton of free games and mega discounts on others. Get a ps4

Everyone is different. My choice was ps4, but I think their first party developers are amazing, I already had a vita and ps plus, and I am far more ingrained in the Sony ecosystem even though I've owned a 360 longer than my ps3 and vita.
Just to be fair Xbox Live includes 2 free games per month as well. And a differentiating factor is that they games are still playable if you choose to cancel your Xbox Live subscription. Currently with Playstation plus if you cancel your subscription you lose access to the free games.

My take

Play both, decide which controller, interface, and exclusives you prefer.

Then from there move on to:

Is the Xbox worth an extra $100 to you?
Are you going to use it as a media center device, if so go with Xbox, if not go with PS4.

Personally I had a 360, now have a PS4 and think the Xbox needs a year to develop and/or a price drop before I can consider investing into it. I use an Apple TV for streaming and such and don't care too much about snap features.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #5
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Just to be fair Xbox Live includes 2 free games per month as well. And a differentiating factor is that they games are still playable if you choose to cancel your Xbox Live subscription. Currently with Playstation plus if you cancel your subscription you lose access to the free games.

My take

Are you going to use it as a media center device, if so go with Xbox, if not go with PS4.

Personally I had a 360, now have a PS4 and think the Xbox needs a year to develop and/or a price drop before I can consider investing into it. I use an Apple TV for streaming and such and don't care too much about snap features.
Reason xbox is 100 bucks more is because it includes the camera in the package.

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post

My take

The two free games is a recent thing, and to my knowledge does not include ANY XBone titles. You also don't get special crazy discounts on other games.
Grid 2 and borderlands 2 are the free games this month

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Thinking about getting one of these soon!

Not up to date on the gaming systems, could the gamers out there give me the pros and cons to which one is preferable and why!

Thanks!
Honestly your best bet is try and find friends that own the consoles so you can try both before you buy. So far I really like my Xbox one and all of it's features!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
The two free games is a recent thing, and to my knowledge does not include ANY XBone titles. You also don't get special crazy discounts on other games.
Grid 2 and borderlands 2 are the free games this month
Just a FYI..... Xbox titles are included for free(The Halo series for example) and yes you do get "crazy" discounts. I have purchased plenty of titles for dirt cheap prices.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. I have an Xbox One and I am enjoying the Forza 5, Deadrising 3 and Ryse so far! I also have a friend that has the PS4 and he is enjoying it a lot too! I will eventually get a PS4 sometime next year, so it doesn't matter.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Neither. Wait for some good games before making a decision.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #11
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post

Personally I'm not impressed with any exclusives out for either system and the good ones got pushed back to this spring.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #12
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Thats right, get the Wii U.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #13
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
why not have both!!! love them so much had to get both myself. I find myself switching between the two quite often.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #14
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
The ps4 is the better hard ware so it basically just comes down to the games that you want to play. And also the 4k definition update for games is not out for the ps4 yet so might as well save up for a 4k TV for now I guess.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote