The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-02-2015, 12:03 AM   #113
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I'm torn on the '15 Mustang. While the exterior has grown on me, I still think it's a step backwards from the '14 Mustang. The interior, on the other hand, is by far the best I've seen on a Mustang.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #114
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
I'm torn on the '15 Mustang. While the exterior has grown on me, I still think it's a step backwards from the '14 Mustang. The interior, on the other hand, is by far the best I've seen on a Mustang.
Pretty much how i see it. Saw a gray one yesterday and I didnt even look at twice because it reminds me so much a 2000 model with a wider body kit. The 14's when modded with the right wheels and exhaust are sick.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #115
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
whelp, club member just bought a '14 5.0.

not sure of a spike tho.
I can only go by what I saw at the local dealers by me, they ran out of 14 mustangs in October or September (a few Shelbys were still on the showroom floor at a few) I am sure there are some fire sale numbers that helped.

The S197 went out of production in June, Mustang sales started to go down in June. Sales went down everymonth, June, July, August, September all saw sales decrease. (September only had 3100 units sold) 15's started showing up in October and sales started to go up. November was the first full month of sales for the S550, and sales were up from 4500 in October to 8700 units, up again in December to 9500 and over 8600 again in January.

Members here want to say the only reason the Mustang sales are up is because of fire sales on 14 models. They want to say there was enough excess inventory of unsold mustangs to carry from June all the way to January?
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #116
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I can only go by what I saw at the local dealers by me, they ran out of 14 mustangs in October or September (a few Shelbys were still on the showroom floor at a few) I am sure there are some fire sale numbers that helped.

The S197 went out of production in June, Mustang sales started to go down in June. Sales went down everymonth, June, July, August, September all saw sales decrease. (September only had 3100 units sold) 15's started showing up in October and sales started to go up. November was the first full month of sales for the S550, and sales were up from 4500 in October to 8700 units, up again in December to 9500 and over 8600 again in January.

Members here want to say the only reason the Mustang sales are up is because of fire sales on 14 models. They want to say there was enough excess inventory of unsold mustangs to carry from June all the way to January?
Hey shaffe, are you related to, 'The Pill'?
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:12 PM   #117
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Hey shaffe, are you related to, 'The Pill'?
Not a chance

Why would you say that
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #118
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Lots of haters in here. It's a nice car and on-par with the Camaro in just about any way. I hear complaints about the pricing. Why? They're equivalent to the Camaros and the same price.

I don't like the look of the base package, but then again, I don't like the look of a base package Camaro, either. Both cars need to be "done up" a little bit to maximize aesthetics. Roush has this thing looking pretty incredible.

If you're a Camaro fan and truly think that car above truly looks BAD, I know you're just being a fanboy and not being objective.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #119
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
new C & D arrived today. (um...why did the store have it before my sub...)
page 98 has a review of the Ford Mustang Ecoboost. Interesting. Good to know.
BUT, sold to you - 'stang fans.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #120
87GNX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Lots of haters in here. It's a nice car and on-par with the Camaro in just about any way. I hear complaints about the pricing. Why? They're equivalent to the Camaros and the same price.

I don't like the look of the base package, but then again, I don't like the look of a base package Camaro, either. Both cars need to be "done up" a little bit to maximize aesthetics. Roush has this thing looking pretty incredible.

If you're a Camaro fan and truly think that car above truly looks BAD, I know you're just being a fanboy and not being objective.
Fake ass hood and side scoops do nothing for me bruh.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #121
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Styling-wise, they have grown on me a little bit, but still not what I would buy.

However, that ecoboost is going to be quite the heart-breaker in races. People are getting 400+ lbs/ft of torque down low on it from bolt-ons and 93octane tune. It runs out of steam up top (small turbo), but it can definitely catch someone off guard.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=45
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #122
87GNX

Even Motortrend agrees

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos...hVFeM#image=10
Old 03-03-2015, 08:27 PM   #123
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
just saw a white GT at the gas station. it's not a bad looking car. i like that they kept the fender lines low enough that they didn't have to black out 60% of the rear end to thin it out.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:32 PM   #124
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
I strongly disagree. I like the 2015 Mustang redesign better than the previous generation. I think it is sleeker and more aggressive. I would put the '14-'15 Camaro on that list though
Old 03-03-2015, 09:13 PM   #125
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:

Looks like somebody got a $200 Autozone giftcard and went to town on a new Fustang. The Camaro base is better looking and meaner looking than the new base package Mustang. Its opinion, until it becomes majority, then well it kind of sticks. They will be doing a refresh next year, I guarantee it.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #126
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Pretty much how i see it. Saw a gray one yesterday and I didnt even look at twice because it reminds me so much a 2000 model with a wider body kit. The 14's when modded with the right wheels and exhaust are sick.
This! I see them in all colors and they don't look like anything but a coupe!

Quote:

That's horrible to me! Looks to busy and don't like that hood or the side vents! Sorry! Not a fan boy. Because I want a challenger and I really like the 13-14 mustang's! That front is horrible on the 15's ! But I would love to have the GT350 and put it next to my favorite car , which is my 5th Gen Camaro! That 16 GT350 is sick looking!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote