Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
The door handle inserts pop out. You just have to get under the edge with a screwdriver, and pry up.
Attached Images

Last edited by SSFury; 07-16-2013 at 05:01 PM.
SSFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #16
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
The main dash vents (on center) can pop off on a 2013 without removing entire dash?

I plan on doing speedo/tach area, knobs, door handle inserts, all air vents, and possibly vents that are way back on the dash (near windshield).
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I have pulled my billet pistol handle shift knob, speedo/tach bezel, guage console bezel, and drink holder cover. To much work to remove anything else now but I am having custom enamel paint made so I'm sure I will do more later. The car is in storage for 6 months and I may do some work on it then.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #18
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
The main dash vents (on center) can pop off on a 2013 without removing entire dash?

I plan on doing speedo/tach area, knobs, door handle inserts, all air vents, and possibly vents that are way back on the dash (near windshield).
Yes, you need to pull the plastic trim off the dash first. The one that has the ambient light, then unbolt the screws holding in the insert.

The Center duct is just screwed in there.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #19
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
The best advice I can give you is to do what you want. everyone's going to have an opinion and if I would've listened to everyone else, my interior wouldn't look like it does and now that its finished, I get TONS of compliments on it.

If you think the gold may be too much, maybe a nice glossy black trimmed in gold. That way you tie it together with the gold but not so much it looks "blingy"

Here's mine
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM   #20
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
The best advice I can give you is to do what you want. everyone's going to have an opinion and if I would've listened to everyone else, my interior wouldn't look like it does and now that its finished, I get TONS of compliments on it.

If you think the gold may be too much, maybe a nice glossy black trimmed in gold. That way you tie it together with the gold but not so much it looks "blingy"

Here's mine
Love your car. Seems like just about everyone likes the painted interior except my wife. I gotta believe she will like it once it's done. I thought about going w/ black but I like the gold much better and I already have the dash trim and door panels done in gold so no going back now.

Russ
Old 07-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post

Here's mine
How did you pull those cents in top of dash out? Do they just pop out? The ones that are black
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #22
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
How did you pull those cents in top of dash out? Do they just pop out? The ones that are black
Yea they just pop out.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Love your interior Angie. Question for ya on the control panel on the roof. How does that come off? Do you just pry on the edge with a screwdriver, are there screws hidden under the lights? I've debated on this for a bit just never taken the leap.

I love your interior. It is definitly one of my favorites on Camaro5.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #24
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I agree with Angie...its the only way to go...it ties everything together...good luck..I think it'll look good...Here's my interior
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #25
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
Love your interior Angie. Question for ya on the control panel on the roof. How does that come off? Do you just pry on the edge with a screwdriver, are there screws hidden under the lights? I've debated on this for a bit just never taken the leap.

Thank you!!

Its been awhile since I've taken it apart so its a bit foggy, lol. You have to take the housing (silver piece the light sits in) of the dome light out. There are a few screws under that housing that you have to take out then pull on it. To be honest it was a pain to remove and put back in!!!

So sexy Laditee!!! Love it
Old 07-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #26
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post

X2 that is great looking, good job! Did you find a way to remove the steering wheel trim that you painted or did you have it painted while it was in the car?

Russ