The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-01-2015, 08:00 PM   #29
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
What a collection! Awesome
Old 04-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #30
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Did you buy those guitars or Frankenstein them? Like DIY. That's a great collection! I love the ValveKing. Never owned one but played one many times and always got a great sound out of it, no fuss, no boosting, It's what I call a players amp.

If you need a new cab for about half the price of the big name brands look at Avatarspeakers.com. They built me a 4x12 loaded with V30's and it stands up just fine to my Splanws and Mesa cabs. Total custom and much more affordable.[/QUOTE]

Those are ones that I DYI. It's one of my hobbies. It makes a different kind of bond with them for sure. People ask me a lot why don't you sell Custom ones like that. It's pretty cost intensive, and I don't know if I could get rid of them, ha you get attached to them just out of the work you put into them. Those cabs do sound like a pretty good deal, I've always wanted a full stack. I love the valve king, no distortion pedals required, just crank the gain, work some voodoo, and push it hard, it will handle whatever you want to throw at it. I got lucky as it was one of the runs that came with the ruby 6L6s or what ever their number is for the tubes. For the price point it's a beast.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:48 AM   #31
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Those are ones that I DYI. It's one of my hobbies. It makes a different kind of bond with them for sure. People ask me a lot why don't you sell Custom ones like that. It's pretty cost intensive, and I don't know if I could get rid of them, ha you get attached to them just out of the work you put into them. Those cabs do sound like a pretty good deal, I've always wanted a full stack. I love the valve king, no distortion pedals required, just crank the gain, work some voodoo, and push it hard, it will handle whatever you want to throw at it. I got lucky as it was one of the runs that came with the ruby 6L6s or what ever their number is for the tubes. For the price point it's a beast.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I'm the same way. Everything from retubing and rebiasing my amps to teching my own guitars, soldering pickups, I get in to it. The work you did is awesome!
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:48 AM   #32
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Thanks man i appreciate it! I'm working on one right now I've got over several hundred hours in it, I've had bad issues with the paint, because I'm doing an original design. I was going to wood burn, and paint, but the first round of paint didn't turn out right, it was a metallic flake, and if you touched it the paint it would rub off on your fingers, so then i said ill just wood burn it and section it off, well that wasn't up to snuff, so I guess I;m going to hand paint with acrylic, and hope the top coat doesn't discolor and it is strong enough to handle the abuse.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #33
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
I see a red guitar, and I want to paint it black.
Here's a pic I took at my store a while back.
If any of you need a Joey Ramone bass, I have a few.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #34
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
nice guitars. anybody play an acoustic? Gibson Formula 1 L...custom shop acoustic. 1 of 100 produced that year.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2015, 03:55 AM   #35
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
nice guitars. anybody play an acoustic? Gibson Formula 1 L...custom shop acoustic. 1 of 100 produced that year.
Do you have more pics of the Formula 1 by chance? I always liked the acoustics just could never get used to the bigger guitars.

Here are a few teaser pics of my guitar being built in Tokyo, Japan by the ESP Custom Shop. Waiting time is almost at 8 months so far.

Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:59 AM   #36
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
mutant....will take more pics tonight and post them in the morning. that guitar is a beauty, still smells absolutely new.