The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #4677
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
So, Oregon joins the list of bat-sh!t crazy liberal states trying to pass legislation that blatantly infringes on 2nd Amendment rights.

Read the Bill as introduced here

According to this bill, an assault weapon is:
1. Semiautomatic rifle accepting a detachable magazine with any ONE of the following:
- pistol grip or thumbhole stock
- secondary grip for the non-trigger hand
- folding or telescoping stock
- barrel shroud
2. Semiautomatic pistol with fixed magazine capacity greater than 10 rounds
3. Semiautomatic pistol with detachable magazine with any ONE of the following:
- secondary grip for the non-trigger hand
- folding, telescoping, or thumbhole stock
- barrel shroud
- can accept a detachable magazine anywhere other than the pistol grip
4. Semiautomatic shotgun that has any ONE of the following:
- pistol grip or thumbhole stock
- secondary grip
- folding or telescoping stock
- fixed magazine capacity over 5 rounds
- any sized detachable magazine
5. Shotgun with revolving cylinder
6. Conversion kits that can make a non-assault rifle into an assault rifle per the above definition.

And a "high-capacity" magazine is any ammunition feeding device that can hold more than 10 rounds.

If you are found to be in possession of or trying to buy/sell an "assault weapon" or an unlicensed "high-capacity" magazine, you can be punished by up to 10 years in prison and/or a maximum fine of $250,000.

If you are currently in possession of what will be deemed an "assault weapon" as above or a "high-capacity" magazine you can register them with the State Police within 120 days of the date the law is enacted.

But here's the kicker. You are only allowed to register ONE "assault weapon" and up to THREE "high-capacity" magazines. If you have any more than that, you MUST either surrender the extras to a law enforcement agency for destruction, transfer that item to a licensed firearm dealer, remove that item from the state, or render the firearm permanently inoperable.

Not only that, but to keep your one assault weapon and three high-cap magazines, you must submit to another criminal background check, you must allow an "inspector" into your home to ensure you are storing your firearm and magazines in accordance with their rules and regulations. Not to mention they will be requiring that you must renew your registrations periodically. They just haven't said how often, yet.

The State Police are allowed to charge you money for the criminal background check, and are given the authority to compile a database of all the registered "assault weapons" and "high-capacity" magazines in the state.

If I were an Oregonian, I would be actively seeking employment elsewhere RIGHT NOW.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #4678
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Yeah I've been reading about Oregon. A prime example of how liberalism spreads like a virus. They got a flood of NorCal people who were tired of the high cost of living and obscene taxes, then voted back in the same collective group of jackwagons that caused the problem in the first place. Just awful.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #4679
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

If China ever decides to invade, I would venture a guess that they would plan on making landfall in Oregon...

Old 02-26-2013, 01:31 PM   #4680
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
...and California.

Come to think of it, they could take 'em both! Won't have to go far to get real authentic Chinese food if that happened! LOL
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #4681
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

I dunno, California has several military bases like Camp Pendleton...

Oregon just has the Air Guard Base at Kingsley Field and a dozen Coast Guard stations...

Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #4682
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I dunno, California has several military bases like Camp Pendleton...

Oregon just has the Air Guard Base at Kingsley Field and a dozen Coast Guard stations...
it doesn't matter, if the Chinese decide to invade (very unlikely) and claim the money we owe them, the weak ass people who live in California and Oregon will turn on our own military to save their lives..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #4683
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
http://www.6mmbr.com/actions.html

Initially higher, any of these are a great option. They also hold better value than a modified factory action. Factory action can be pretty pricey after mods as well.

Factory action is hard to find, and if you do, it likely won't be as cheap as you'd think it should be.

If you're set on a factory action, either buy an inexpensive 700 and re-barrel it or you can try gunbroker.
I know this question is like asking if Ford or GM is better but do any of the brand names on this website really stick out to you? I'll definitely be doing research but looking at a particular company that has a great reputation is a nice place to start.

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #4684
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
it doesn't matter, if the Chinese decide to invade (very unlikely) and claim the money we owe them, the weak ass people who live in California and Oregon will turn on our own military to save their lives..
And those of us east of the Rockies are just going to be sitting on our porches shaking our heads while cleaning our rifles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I know this question is like asking if Ford or GM is better but do any of the brand names on this website really stick out to you? I'll definitely be doing research but looking at a particular company that has a great reputation is a nice place to start.

Thanks!
Man, you've got a lot of research ahead of you. I imagine the action you choose for a custom rifle is even more of a personal preference than when someone asks what handgun to buy. At least with handguns you can usually find a range that will let you rent one to see how you like it first.

Every one of those actions on that page look nice. I wouldn't know where to begin with that kind of build...

Old 02-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #4685
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRS View Post
Awesome! Don't forget

after you get them finished.

Anyone see the new toys to be imported from Israel this Spring? Looks tempting!

It's the IWI Tavor SAR. It accepts M-16/AR-15 mags.

Apparently, they're going to offer conversion kits to convert the rifle from .223/5.56 NATO to 5.45x39mm and 9mm later this year.

Hell ya when I get all the parts in and build her I will!

DSG ARMS, is a great company. Didn't gouge me like other places were trying to and kept the retail price on the lower of $130.

I ordered yesterday and today they are sent out
Old 02-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #4686
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Biden's Argument, AR vs Shotgun

A little humor for you

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #4687
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Question for everyone.....

Will you shoot steel case in your guns or do you use only brass?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #4688
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
And those of us east of the Rockies are just going to be sitting on our porches shaking our heads while cleaning our rifles...

Man, you've got a lot of research ahead of you. I imagine the action you choose for a custom rifle is even more of a personal preference than when someone asks what handgun to buy. At least with handguns you can usually find a range that will let you rent one to see how you like it first.

Every one of those actions on that page look nice. I wouldn't know where to begin with that kind of build...
Thanks for the help anyways man!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #4689
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

My AK's will eat anything! However, everything else will use brass.

To elaborate though, some firearms will shoot steel cased ammo no problem and some will not. However steel cased ammo has been known to cause accelerated wear and tear, mostly on barrels and extractors.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #4690
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

I generally stick with brass for reloading purposes. I have heard and read steel might wear out your parts faster, but I remember reading that it exaggerated when people talk about how fast.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun