Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #30

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Seeing as this is the car everyone thought would be the Z/28, yeah, it's special indeed...

It's more Z/28 than a 1LE. I think once all the suspension details come out, combined with the efforts to lose weight, it will be much more of a performance option package than any previous 1LE....

It's the most expensive, best track performance, of any Camaro to date....yet due to a superstition and legacy of a 50 year old model, it can't be called a Z/28....But basically that is what it is...Much more than a 1LE upgrade....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #31
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Seeing as this is the car everyone thought would be the Z/28, yeah, it's special indeed...

It's more Z/28 than a 1LE. I think once all the suspension details come out, combined with the efforts to lose weight, it will be much more of a performance option package than any previous 1LE....

It's the most expensive, best track performance, of any Camaro to date....yet due to a superstition and legacy of a 50 year old model, it can't be called a Z/28....But basically that is what it is...Much more than a 1LE upgrade....
I dont see any reason it couldnt be called a Z/28, GM/Chevrolet can put that name on any version of a Camaro they like.... a Z28 wasnt squat in the 4th gen, just the base model V8 car! The SS actually out ranked it. The ZL1 moniker also carries its own legacy for the last 48 years. In the beginning, the ZL1 was only a straight lIne monster meant for NHRA sanctioned series, just the same the Z/28 was homologated for SCCA Trans Am series. Two different street cars for two very different racing series.... The ZL1 in the 5th gen took on a new persona to be good at everything. Things can change as they see fit.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #32
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
What they need to do is put out the 2018 ZL1 with the stance (height, fender clearance, flush wheel setup) of this preproduction ZL1 1LE. I suspect, though, that, just like with the early 2017 ZL1s we saw, the stance will change on this one as well, and we'll see another monster truck style ZL1 with the offroad stance of the 2017. :(

I hope not though because the way the ZL1LE wheels and suspension profile is currently set up is absolutely perfect.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:23 PM   #33

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
One major difference worth noting is the ZL1 1LE's departure from MRC...

MRC seems like an unmodifiable feature that limits suspension changes and upgrades. I think many ZL1 owners will be disappointed to find out that upgrading to 1LE features may not be doable...Earlier threads and discussions all sung the praises of MRC as being optimal for the track, no need for aftermarket up-grades, as all was done to the max with MRC....Apparently that theory has been cast aside with the ZL1 1LE use of non MRC and 5thGen Z/28 DSSV dampers....Non MRC ZL1 owners may have better luck modifying to the 1LE up-grades....Or not...could be all wrong...we'll see....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:05 AM   #34

Drives: Getaway Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Exactly! Based on some comments I've read I'm afraid some on the forum don't really understand what some of these items are, let alone how they are used.
So calling others dense (unable to understand) is fun for you? Started a thread for that purpose? Face palm too!? Deplorables!
Some people feel better labeling others as with half wits I guess.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #35
Naturday13

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Wait though... the 1LE package de-values our precious ZL1s.. travislambert said so.
I can't believe that thread is still going...
Old 03-02-2017, 12:12 AM   #36
Naturday13

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Right. In a thread I started. I also offered a full explanation along with that claim. You don't have to agree. You're free to explain why I'm wrong, but the sarcastic comment calling me out personally isn't appreciated or helpful to the forum.

I think you should read this:

http://www.camaro6.com/tos.php

I believe many of your comments fall under:

"Harassing...other community members"
TRIGGERED!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #37
Naturday13

Cornholio, beautiful car man! I like the garnet red almost as good as the summit white, almost... Definitely my 2nd choice.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:15 AM   #38
Stoner

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM, M6
So if i understand correctly, the 1LE is a package that is available for the ZL1. When ordering the car, you can choose to select it, or not. So either version, it's up to the individual to select the options they want based on how they intend to use their car. I don't think it is going to have a major impact on sales. Isn't this the same thing as selecting or not selecting the track package on the vette?

As far as the Z-28, i thought i read somewhere the Z-28 has always been, and always will be a naturally aspirated motor, NO supercharger.
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:12 AM   #39
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
So calling others dense (unable to understand) is fun for you? Started a thread for that purpose? Face palm too!? Deplorables!
Some people feel better labeling others as with half wits I guess.
A lack of understanding can simply be based on a lack of information. I was hoping this thread could be used to enlighten.

You appear to be the one labeling people as dense. You're really reaching here.

FYI, I won't be discussing this ridiculousness further with you.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:30 AM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let's all play nice, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
So if i understand correctly, the 1LE is a package that is available for the ZL1. When ordering the car, you can choose to select it, or not. So either version, it's up to the individual to select the options they want based on how they intend to use their car. I don't think it is going to have a major impact on sales. Isn't this the same thing as selecting or not selecting the track package on the vette?

As far as the Z-28, i thought i read somewhere the Z-28 has always been, and always will be a naturally aspirated motor, NO supercharger.
You are correct on both points.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:08 AM   #41
hjdca

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
One major difference worth noting is the ZL1 1LE's departure from MRC...

MRC seems like an unmodifiable feature that limits suspension changes and upgrades. I think many ZL1 owners will be disappointed to find out that upgrading to 1LE features may not be doable...Earlier threads and discussions all sung the praises of MRC as being optimal for the track, no need for aftermarket up-grades, as all was done to the max with MRC....Apparently that theory has been cast aside with the ZL1 1LE use of non MRC and 5thGen Z/28 DSSV dampers....Non MRC ZL1 owners may have better luck modifying to the 1LE up-grades....Or not...could be all wrong...we'll see....
From what I read, the big advantage of the DSSV is the repeatability of the same performance turn after turn after turn. I guess they are also lighter, and from what I have read they seem to have better long term longevity than the MRC. The ride is stiff, but, it is similar to the ride of any aftermarket high performance suspension and they don't seem to ever bottom out. Probably for the price of the 1LE option, the DSSV will be a real bargain.
hjdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:20 AM   #42
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
If the ZL1-E is supposed to be the ultimate track car with the goodies it has (which are awesome) and an intent to lower weight, why leave the other street niceties in place such as the heated/cooled seats and powered options?

I realize these street-oriented features will be appreciated for those who do not track their car but for hardcore track guys they only add weight.

Still an incredible machine regardless. The heated and cooled seats in particular just surprise me.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote