Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #2801
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Guys and Gals why are were we on page two?

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:31 PM   #2802
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Good question...

So how 'bout that new Magenta?

Drives me crazy to read that thread; whenever the discussion turns to color, all the Synergy bashers inevitably come out in force.
Who are these guys anyway? A dozen or so trolls that only come out when there's something new to hate? And why don't I ever run into these guys in person at places where Camaros gather?

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #2803
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Whenever a color thread comes out they tend to turn into "My color is better" which breeds the hate for other colors.

There hasn't been a factory color 5th gen that I absolutely hated. I believe certain colors show off the lines better than others. (KBM, ABM, SGM, IOM,) I do tend to see a bit of hate for SGM and ABM here and there but I see just as much love.

I've gotten why would you get a Diarrhea/Puke color car? to which I respond I wish I shat SGM ha ha.

In the end it's what we want not what others want for us.

As for Magenta I like it but not for me.

Old 01-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #2804
SLS 62

Drives: 2011 Camaro SGM 2014 Corvette Z51
Thought I would put up some pics of my car.
Attached Images

SLS 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:46 AM   #2805
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Very Nice!!!
What part of PA you from?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #2806
SLS 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
Very Nice!!!
What part of PA you from?
Mercersburg. -- Franklin County --
Old 01-26-2014, 11:44 PM   #2807
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Damn, there's a lot of Synergy in Pennsylvania! We're doing the get-together out here again in August (See pic). You guys should get together and see if you can beat us. If nothing else, you'll have a lot of fun doing it.
It would be great if you could come out and join us, but that's one of the downsides of living in opposite corners of the country.
If one of you does happen to head out this way, could you please pick me up a cheese steak at Geno's (wit wiz), and don't forget the cheese fries!

Name:  W13 00 Small.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  96.9 KB

Old 01-27-2014, 03:14 AM   #2808
SLS 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Damn, there's a lot of Synergy in Pennsylvania! We're doing the get-together out here again in August (See pic). You guys should get together and see if you can beat us. If nothing else, you'll have a lot of fun doing it.
It would be great if you could come out and join us, but that's one of the downsides of living in opposite corners of the country.
If one of you does happen to head out this way, could you please pick me up a cheese steak at Geno's (wit wiz), and don't forget the cheese fries!

Attachment 594506
Do you do the Sturgis Camaro Rally ?
Old 01-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #2809
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

It's amazing seeing that many SGM's together.

To my knowledge so far my area has 7. Funny as I haven't even got that close to counting 7 of any other color and ours is supposed to be rare.

Doug, Glenn and I are 3/7 of those I don't know the other 4 yet. (The other 4 being Kanata, Downtown Ottawa, Stittsville, and Gatineau which is for sale)

The most I have seen live at once was 2 which was Doug and I.

One day I spotted both Glenn and Doug within minutes of each other, if only I was in mine at the time.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:27 AM   #2810
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Well, what seems to have taken forever is now done. Who am I kidding!!! Some of this was on schedule after the Fest last year. Parts not fitting and one dead raccoon later this is how it looks for now.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #2811
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:

Attachment 594506

I LIKE your idea, Gary. We should get together back here in PA.

I'd like even more to travel out to your area again. First time was in my Corvette. This time I would enjoy a GREEN streak accross the country. Alas, this year is out. I have 3 daughters in college and one getting married in July so my year is full working to pay for all that. Maybe I'll get that direction another time.
As for one in PA? Who's all game & when?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #2812
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS 62 View Post
Do you do the Sturgis Camaro Rally ?
We did last year. It was a blast! One of the participants had a girlfriend that got right into the scene. She went around the show and shine recruiting SGMs to get together for a group photo. We gathered at the track later and this is what we managed to get:

Name:  ST 19c.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  97.5 KB

Name:  ST 20.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  185.3 KB

Name:  ST 43.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  102.5 KB

We got 8 in the picture, which broke the previous record set out here in 2012, by one. (Two in this picture were actually in that original pic of 7!) There were other SGMs in town that didn't make it for the picture. It was cool to see the SGMs lined up from the back, with all the plates from different states.

Another funny thing to note from Sturgis that you all might like to hear:
We spent some time around F-bodfather. He noticed our attire and humorously observed "You green people are something else! (Paraphrasing here) You dress in green to match your cars, and even color coordinate your stuff to go with the car. I've never seen anything quite like it with (Camaro) owners of any other color."
He was right! We were pretty easy to spot in the Knuckle Saloon without our cars present. It's a strange coincidence that we all embrace this color with the same zeal. Once you get one of these cars, you never see green the same way again. That's one of the things I'm proud of though. Not only do our cars stand out from the crowd; the owners stand out too.

I'd love to say I'm going back, but like a lot of you, it's not in the cards for us this year: Money, time off, etc. I would love to go back someday. It was a blast, and I highly recommend it if you are thinking about going!

And since we're from the west, we got to take a little side trip through Yellowstone. Where else do you get automotive photo ops like this?:

Name:  ST 29.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  298.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
It's amazing seeing that many SGM's together.

To my knowledge so far my area has 7. Funny as I haven't even got that close to counting 7 of any other color and ours is supposed to be rare.

Doug, Glenn and I are 3/7 of those I don't know the other 4 yet. (The other 4 being Kanata, Downtown Ottawa, Stittsville, and Gatineau which is for sale)

The most I have seen live at once was 2 which was Doug and I.

One day I spotted both Glenn and Doug within minutes of each other, if only I was in mine at the time.
You guys seem to be the other pocket of green on the continent. Is one of those names you mentioned my RCAF buddy Gramps? Y'know, Pennsylvania isn't that far away from you. You might want to consider a road trip this Summer...Just sayin'...
I've only run across a couple of SGMs in Western Canada. We left a note with one, but apparently they didn't want to be friends with us car stalking weirdos. The other one was Layla (Meltdown). Even though she traded off her signature Synergy for a 1LE (But we still love her all the same!) I also happen to have some compromising photos of her in Sturgis....

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
Well, what seems to have taken forever is now done. Who am I kidding!!! Some of this was on schedule after the Fest last year. Parts not fitting and one dead raccoon later this is how it looks for now.
Raccoon? I'm not sure I want to know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
I LIKE your idea, Gary. We should get together back here in PA.

I'd like even more to travel out to your area again. First time was in my Corvette. This time I would enjoy a GREEN streak accross the country. Alas, this year is out. I have 3 daughters in college and one getting married in July so my year is full working to pay for all that. Maybe I'll get that direction another time.
As for one in PA? Who's all game & when?
That would be AWESOME! I may have to issue a charter for a new Eastern chapter of the Synergy Squadron!

Old 01-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #2813
SLS 62

I'm all in for a PA. get- together .
Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 PM   #2814
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Quote:

You guys seem to be the other pocket of green on the continent. Is one of those names you mentioned my RCAF buddy Gramps? Y'know, Pennsylvania isn't that far away from you. You might want to consider a road trip this Summer...Just sayin'...

I've only run across a couple of SGMs in Western Canada. We left a note with one, but apparently they didn't want to be friends with us car stalking weirdos. The other one was Layla (Meltdown). Even though she traded off her signature Synergy for a 1LE (But we still love her all the same!) I also happen to have some compromising photos of her in Sturgis....................................
Yes Douglas is Gramps!

I definitely need to do a road trip though this year but I was thinking of doing the Alberta meet. That way I could see family I missed seeing during the holidays. They haven't seen the car in person yet either. I could then meet Meltdown even though she traded up to a 1LE (I can't blame her) however I couldn't do it as I love SGM too much. The best I could do is trade up to a SS and I do have the urge to do that too but finances stop me and I really don't want to begin the search again.

One of my good friends in the States also wants to meet up. So it's in my future. I'm hoping to fit it around other things.

Her and I actually made a wager stating the whomever gets their Camaro first owes it to make a visit to the other. I still need to make good on this promise.

She's a transformers fan and really wants a yellow one. (Though I tell her she'd still need to repaint as RY is not accurate to Sunrise Gold)