Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #15
divinci

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 2010 Mercedes C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
My dad had a vette into recently he traded it in. The camaro was mine his was the vette. I drove the vette a couple of times and I perfer the camaro. I felt more comfortable in the camaro than the vette. Don't know if it was just because it was my car and I just liked it more or if it was because the Vette was to low to the ground. I just never felt right in the vette.
That's what gets me about both cars... they're so low to the ground. I've had one heck of a time getting in and out of the camaro (and still looking cool lol). I think I've got it down now though.
divinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
cb2011rs

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I traded my 2008 vette for my 2011 camaro . If I could have both I would do it in a second . I like the camaro better for an every day car . Lots of interior room , quieter , heavier on the road . The vette is a great second car , so if that's what you are doing , I would say go for it . Good luck ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
AeroCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
I have both a 2006 Corvette Coupe, and a 2011 2SS/RS Convertible. Owning both, they serve quite different purposes; though both kept clean for show. The same engine (i know the 2006 is an LS2, not an LS3), but the corvette gets A LOT better gas mileage. Also, with it's larger trunk and magnetic suspension, it is great for a long distance car. Every year, I go with my Corvette club (LSCC for those that are interested) for a long trip. Woodward Ave, Biltmore Estate, Soux Falls, many trips to the museum, etc. the 4 seats and more proper posture in the camaro is great as a DD. I do a lot of Corvette-only car shows, but my fiance will drive the Camaro for open car shows that are local.

My recommendation: if the opportunity has presented itself, jump on it! You will definately like both. If the hardest question you have in the day is if you want to drive the 'vette or the camaro, you are in a good situation. You will definately like your situation.
AeroCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote