Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
htg39

Drives: Corvette ZR1 2012 Centennial.
IT COULDN'T BE BETTER ''A DAY W/ R.HENDRICK

I can't go into a lot of Detail till I get home Friday night since I will be in Charlotte till late Friday.----But I had the GREAT PRVILEDGE to Spend a Day in Canada w/ Rick Hendrick at the Camaro plant.
The man is an INREDIBLE Human Being, and what you see is what you get..He is Humble to a Good Fault and I am proud to call him a "Good Friend"
I do appear in many of the Pictures including the of him taking delivery of the Carbon Flash One of a kind ZL1.
Its impossible to Describe the Day I spent and the People I got to mingle with........but I will put some of my thoughts together about the Visit, the People, the Employees at the plant {Including Mike) and the time I spent with VIn # 9 (Red} which is mine.
I am a Corvette person at Heart but all you guys and Gals who have an order in will be "BLOWN AWAY" by the ZL1....Harvey
htg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htg39 View Post
I can't go into a lot of Detail till I get home Friday night since I will be in Charlotte till late Friday.----But I had the GREAT PRVILEDGE to Spend a Day in Canada w/ Rick Hendrick at the Camaro plant.
The man is an INREDIBLE Human Being, and what you see is what you get..He is Humble to a Good Fault and I am proud to call him a "Good Friend"
I do appear in many of the Pictures including the of him taking delivery of the Carbon Flash One of a kind ZL1.
Its impossible to Describe the Day I spent and the People I got to mingle with........but I will put some of my thoughts together about the Visit, the People, the Employees at the plant {Including Mike) and the time I spent with VIn # 9 (Red} which is mine.
I am a Corvette person at Heart but all you guys and Gals who have an order in will be "BLOWN AWAY" by the ZL1....Harvey
Harvey - You are not only a Corvette person at Heart...

You are a ...Car Person!!
And I very much appreciate and respect that.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Jealousy is pretty much the only thing that comes to mind right now. Congrats Harvey.
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Nice!!

Must've been a special day for you, for sure!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
can't wait to see the pics.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Totally awesome Harvey. That had to be a great and blessed experience. I do have one question if you don't mind, did Mr. Hendrick also take delivery of #1? If you can't answer, I understand.

Alex
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
htg39

Drives: Corvette ZR1 2012 Centennial.
IT COULDN'T BE A BETTER DAY.........................

He did not take Physical Possession of any of the ZL1s(4) including Dale Ernhardts....none have been Released Yet but I can tell you IT WON'T BE LONG....
One Final thought not about the ZL1, but the People who Rick Surrounds himself are just like him---"the apples don't fall far from the tree".....Harvey
htg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
IcePick06

Drives: '12 AGM ZL1 (SOLD); '07 Ducati 1098
That's a cool story bro...hope to see some pics very soon!
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
He did not take Physical Possession of any of the ZL1s(4) including Dale Ernhardts....none have been Released Yet but I can tell you IT WON'T BE LONG....
One Final thought not about the ZL1, but the People who Rick Surrounds himself are just like him---"the apples don't fall far from the tree".....Harvey
Thanks Harvey, much appreciated!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Harvey...

I want to add my experience to yours on this! I am buying my car from his original dealership and the people I have been dealing with exemplify exactly what you are saying. I cannot express enough the care and concern their folks provided me with.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:

Frankzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
What a cool story! I can't wait to hear more of the details and see some pictures!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Harvey

It was a pleasure to meet you and spend a few mintues talking Camaro and Corvette It's always great to be able to talk to our customers and hear the exciment in their voices when they describe what its like to finally see and touch their Camaros . It was also a privilege for me to follow your 009 and see it come alive , and i look forward to chatting with you again in the future . I send warmest regards to you and your family & keep in touch .

Your Canadian friend

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #14
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:

My only tie to Mr. Hendrick was doing surveillance systems for him a couple years back...

Now, take notice, since you are a Corvette person , who now owns a ZL1:

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote