Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
front end bra?

The only one I can find is LeBra; they have them for 2014 LT LS but NOT for the RS package which is what I have. They also mention that cutting is required when I receive it... why?

I'm looking for one that either has hall mesh or has all the cutouts completed and only installation is required, but I can't seem to find either of those especially for 2014 C5 2LT RS

Anybody know where I can get one? I need to invest in one ASAP, I also found seat towels and seat covers (only one or the other obviously) but I'm thinking I'll start off with seat towels as its cheaper and easier to remove/wash.
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Many here look down on having a bra on a car...I don't, contact Colgan Custom Bras and see when they'll have one that fits the 2014 Model.JMO
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
mynetdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post
Many here look down on having a bra on a car...I don't, contact Colgan Custom Bras and see when they'll have one that fits the 2014 Model.JMO
REALLY? Now that's a first; any reason why? I was told to get one for roadtripping not for show so it would be removed when not taking a long distance roadtrip otherwise how do you protect your front end from road rash?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Clear bra will protect your paint and you will not get chaffing damage that a traditional bra will give your paint job.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynetdude View Post
REALLY? Now that's a first; any reason why? I was told to get one for roadtripping not for show so it would be removed when not taking a long distance roadtrip otherwise how do you protect your front end from road rash?
I'm all for having a bra for long road trips. I use a Colgan. But having one on all the time is a recipe for disaster when it comes to your paint from the chafing.

I guess I'm in the middle of this debate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Love my Colgan for long rides. It has a great fit.
Shorter trips I use the nose mask.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #7
mynetdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I'm all for having a bra for long road trips. I use a Colgan. But having one on all the time is a recipe for disaster when it comes to your paint from the chafing.

I guess I'm in the middle of this debate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Yeah I'd use it only on long trips; which won't happen very often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Clear bra will protect your paint and you will not get chaffing damage that a traditional bra will give your paint job.
Never heard of it; or are you being sarcastic and suggesting NOT using one at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
Love my Colgan for long rides. It has a great fit.
Shorter trips I use the nose mask.
Colgan doesn't make one for 2014 2LT RS but Lebra does and I don't really particularly like theirs just by presentation.

"nose mask"? Got a pic of that? I saw the pic of your bra I think.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #8
bucklwi1

Drives: Chevrolet Malibu
Clear bra is a clear plastic film that will protect paint. Lots of different brands. Get the right installer, that knows what he is doing, and it is barely noticeable.
bucklwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #9
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
"nose mask"? Got a pic of that? I saw the pic of your bra I think

http://ohio-speed.com/p-1390-2010-20...-mask-bra.aspx
Old 03-12-2014, 01:33 AM   #10
mynetdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklwi1 View Post
Clear bra is a clear plastic film that will protect paint. Lots of different brands. Get the right installer, that knows what he is doing, and it is barely noticeable.
doesn't the plastic tarnish over time? (plastic eventually does become discolored and brittle obviously will take longer when garaged half a year).

Edit: I just answered my own question, nice option but I think the nose mask might be better IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
"nose mask"? Got a pic of that? I saw the pic of your bra I think

http://ohio-speed.com/p-1390-2010-20...-mask-bra.aspx
I like that nose mask looks like a nylon spandex kinda thing; only bummer is that it covers the front license plate unless I were to get a flip out plate option which may or may not be legal.

The nosemask almost reminds me of the carband which basically protects your front end, your doors/wheels rear end except the spoiler; its supposed to be used when parked for an extended time or when storing in the garage obviously the difference is 360 vs just the nose.

Last edited by mynetdude; 03-12-2014 at 01:44 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #11
bucklwi1

Drives: Chevrolet Malibu
Some Clear film lasts longer than others. And you can have it removed and reapply new film later.
bucklwi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:30 AM   #12
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I've had a clear bra applied to two different vehicles that both have been on long trips. One was Xpel, the latest is Clearshield. The Clearshield is a little thinner and harder to see that the Xpel was. A rock will dent or mar either one if hit is hard enough, but that's better than the paint taking the hit. I plan on getting it put on the new Camaro asap - weather permitting. Neither one is visible from more than 5 feet away, so I have no qualms about getting it applied. My .02
JamesMyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #13
mynetdude

BTW... I forgot to say; that I contacted Colgan (err maybe I did mention it) anyway; they don't have any 2014 C5 specs at all as a matter of fact they are looking for CERTAIN '13 C5 specs.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work for them, I ONLY contacted them, I am not biased as I have never used their products before. Colgan has a design facility in SoCal IF you have ANY of the 2014 especially 2LT RS they will GIVE you a free bra (and I think they will even give you free mirror bras too) the deal is you have to bring your vehicle to them so they can measure it all up and design it to work with the vehicle.

I'd do it; but its a 14+ hour drive to their facility so its not close by :( so if anybody likes freebies and doesn't mind spending some time with them this is for you and you get free protection for your vehicle for your first bra for that vehicle.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #14
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
You could do the clear bra or just do vinyl over it..here's a pic of a gtr with clear bra installed
Attached Images