Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #15
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010IBMSS View Post
I haven't seen any...wait till you get the car ...you will want the OEM ones..
ya but I only want the gauges and the halo lights without having to pay and have all the rest of the extra crap that I dont want. do you know what the OEM will cost me on the gauges and changing the lights?
007s 'Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #16
verboten

Drives: Black
non HID headlights to HID

Is it possible to build a harness to convert a 3 prong wire harness (non RS) to attach to 4 prong HID headlight?
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #17
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
ya but I only want the gauges and the halo lights without having to pay and have all the rest of the extra crap that I dont want. do you know what the OEM will cost me on the gauges and changing the lights?
what do you mean "all the rest of the extra crap"? What extra crap =/ OEM stuff are far from crap. The Gauges cost around 370 for OEM. As for Halos I believe you have to actually change the whole light housing then. The OEM halos have to come with the projector housing with the HID headlamps...

I would agree go aftermarket halos. AACstyle has good ones, everyone uses them. As for Gauges, use OEM... believe me, they look so much better. =O! I've seen the Aftermarket ones... (theres only one) and I dont like it. Doesn't fit with the rest of the car.

Goodluck
Old 05-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Darth...you da man!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #19
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
what do you mean "all the rest of the extra crap"? What extra crap =/ OEM stuff are far from crap. The Gauges cost around 370 for OEM. As for Halos I believe you have to actually change the whole light housing then. The OEM halos have to come with the projector housing with the HID headlamps...

I would agree go aftermarket halos. AACstyle has good ones, everyone uses them. As for Gauges, use OEM... believe me, they look so much better. =O! I've seen the Aftermarket ones... (theres only one) and I dont like it. Doesn't fit with the rest of the car.

Goodluck
What I meant by the "extra crap" was basically I am not a fan of leather seats and whatever else that goes into adding the RS package, I do love the look of the Halos and I am always a fan of having gauges and that only comes in the RS package, When I say "extra crap" I dont meant it is junk I just mean I dont have a use for it, I am sure it is nice stuff but not for me, so let me rephrase that"I dont want the extra goodies that come with the RS package" there now that I got that straight time to move on, lol.
do you have any idea of the cost to convert the console to OEM gauges through Chevy?or can I order my Camaro with just the added console gauges only and maybe the halo lights? I know I am not getting my Camaro yet but I am the type who loves to do his homework first, I will probably have all these extra parts that I want to add on before I even get the car. EDIT-I just went on line to Chevy and looked up the gauge cluster and they are $465, for that price I canget a set in Dakota digital and give the console my own personal touchm that of which I am good at.
I am also a type of person who likes to make custom items as well and I have been looking at the single gauges at Dakota Digital and with my fabricating finesse I am sure I can come up with something that looks OEM on the console, they make digital gauges in the same color as the digital in the dashboard of the Camaro, all I have to do is basically fabricate the center console bezel which shouldn't be to hard of a challenge, and when I make them I will post pics of my progress.
~DT11(soon to be 'Hard Top')

Last edited by 007s 'Vert; 05-18-2010 at 07:36 AM.
007s 'Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #20
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
Holy Threadjack batman!
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #21
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
verboten, that shouldn't be a problem but, everything hinges on me being able to get the connectors. I'll look into it and get back with you.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:23 AM   #22
GNVenom
Turbos. Turbos. Turbos.

Drives: 2010 SS Yellow/Black
I believe Caspers has those connectors in stock. We built these harnesses some time ago, probably during the prototype stage.

Caspers Electronics Inc.
Loveland CO
2010 2SS/RS Yellow/Black > http://www.bummlbe.com
GNVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #23
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Thanks GNVenom... I sent them an email. They didn't appear to have those connectors on the site but, they might have them. Worth a shot.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #24
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post

Goodluck
I believe AACstyle has LED halos that you can put in your non-RS (halogen) headlights. You just have to cook 'em and crack 'em open. or you can send the assembly to them for installation.

and Ottobody on the forums has a harness to convert non-RS headlights to RS headlights if you decide to just replace the whole thing.

all kinds of goodies out there
Old 05-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
What I meant by the "extra crap" was basically I am not a fan of leather seats and whatever else that goes into adding the RS package, I do love the look of the Halos and I am always a fan of having gauges and that only comes in the RS package, When I say "extra crap" I dont meant it is junk I just mean I dont have a use for it, I am sure it is nice stuff but not for me, so let me rephrase that"I dont want the extra goodies that come with the RS package" there now that I got that straight time to move on, lol.
do you have any idea of the cost to convert the console to OEM gauges through Chevy?or can I order my Camaro with just the added console gauges only and maybe the halo lights? I know I am not getting my Camaro yet but I am the type who loves to do his homework first, I will probably have all these extra parts that I want to add on before I even get the car. EDIT-I just went on line to Chevy and looked up the gauge cluster and they are $465, for that price I canget a set in Dakota digital and give the console my own personal touchm that of which I am good at.
I am also a type of person who likes to make custom items as well and I have been looking at the single gauges at Dakota Digital and with my fabricating finesse I am sure I can come up with something that looks OEM on the console, they make digital gauges in the same color as the digital in the dashboard of the Camaro, all I have to do is basically fabricate the center console bezel which shouldn't be to hard of a challenge, and when I make them I will post pics of my progress.
~DT11(soon to be 'Hard Top')
I just had the gauges installed into my 1SS. I also did not want the pleather seats. The gauge pack cost me $389.00 plus 1/2 hour of labor. You can do it yourself, however you need a GM interior tool to remove the old console cover. I was afraid that I would break something getting the console apart. Otherwise, it's plug and play.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 AM   #26
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
What I meant by the "extra crap" was basically I am not a fan of leather seats and whatever else that goes into adding the RS package, I do love the look of the Halos and I am always a fan of having gauges and that only comes in the RS package

ummm. no.. the gauges are not part of the RS package.. the halo's are, but not the gauges...

the gauges are part of the 2SS model package... you don't have to get the RS package to get the gauges...
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #27
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #28
40again

Drives: 2011 LS V6 6spd manual Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
I just had the gauges installed into my 1SS. I also did not want the pleather seats. The gauge pack cost me $389.00 plus 1/2 hour of labor. You can do it yourself, however you need a GM interior tool to remove the old console cover. I was afraid that I would break something getting the console apart. Otherwise, it's plug and play.
A GM tool? I just added a Barton shifter and all you have to do is lift up on the cover from the back and it snaps out with little effort.....
40again is offline   Reply With Quote