The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
SR-71

Drives: 2015 Z51 Coupe 2LT Shark/red
Questions about ordering process

I'm about ready to pull the trigger and order a 2015 Z51 2LT. The dealer I've been corresponding with cannot tell me how long the ordering process might take, or even how long it will take to place my order, claiming they just have to go month by month to see how many orders can be placed. Also I've been told the Z51 package is not currently available for order (which I assume means they're not currently being built on the assembly line?).

I'm I seeing the normal dealership ordering issues here, or am I dealing with the wrong dealership? Are there specific questions I should be asking the dealership about their C7 ordering allocations?

I'm planning on visiting Bowling Green soon to take the tour. Does anyone know if the factory can provide information concerning which dealers have order allocations, and how many?

Thanks in advance
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Palmbo

Drives: 2015 Torch Red Stingray 2LT Z51
All depends on allocation and what parts are on constraint. I entered my order with my dealer in anticipation that it could be months before the order actually got filled due to constraint issues with Z51 package and carbon fiber roof. Incredibly, he was just allocated a vehicle that morning and the system assigned a Z51 package and carbon fiber roof to my vehicle and it went to production. He indicated that was an anomaly. The dealer does not really know when parts/packages come available and what vehicles they get assigned to. It is kind of a crapshoot. I would check to see how many orders he has ahead of yours. If he has a lot, you may want to check with a dealer that has less.
Palmbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
jrainlay

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray C7
Order Placed with Dealer

This past Sunday (11/30), I placed my order with Van Chevrolet in Scottsdale AZ for a Z51 coupe w/ MRS, leather competition seats, etc. The sales manager said he would submit the order to Chevy on Monday (12/1). Van Chevrolet ranked #12 nationally in C7 sales through the first quarter of 2014. Nevertheless, as others have reported, the dealer could not say exactly when Chevy would "accept" the order. However, the sales manager did say he was confident the car would be delivered in the first quarter of 2015. Based on recent experience, is this a reasonable delivery expectation? How long do you think I'll have to wait before Chevy accepts the order? Thanks!
jrainlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Reasonable once accepted (status 2000) and other than the top five Corvette dealers in sales, the dealer is correct as to month to month (C7 sometimes skips the twice monthly consensus) and even the top five can not say for sure.

You have embarked on the only adult e-ticket that does not involve space travel; a true roller coaster ride that must be experienced to be appreciated. My advice; kick back and enjoy the trip. Oh, and be careful, because it can be addicting.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote