The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
ms c7

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Stingray Color Opinion

Hi All,

I am new to the corvette community. I'm really pumped up about ordering my stingray. I've never had a corvette and looking forward to the experience. I wanted to get everyones opinion on this color combo velocity yellow and brownstone. I was going to go with black on the inside but I saw a premier edition with the brownstone interior and man the pictures don't do it justice. I think it will go good with the yellow kind of reminds me a combo that you would see on in Ferrari. Has anyone ever owned suede seats? No idea if they are more maintenance than standard leather. I appreciate your feedback. This is the first time I've had the funds together to afford such an awesome car. A side note I've found that the larger dealers can order C7's a lot quicker. I had two dealers in Orlando say on a custom order it would probably be around next October!
ms c7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
CruznCorvette

Drives: 2014 C7
Color is a personal choice. What you like, someone else might not.
I’m not a big fan of brown or tan interior, even on a Ferrari. If I had a Ferrari it would be red with black interior. Yellow with Brown works because they share the same color elements.

I too am getting my first Vette. Since I live in the tundra (Michigan) my dealer won’t be putting the order in until they get their next allocation which will be in December or January, mine should arrive in early spring. Which is ok with me, otherwise I’d have to store it during this upcoming winter. I’m going with a Blade Silver with Red interior and red brake calipers. Also high on my list was Cyber Grey / Red or Arctic White / Red. I’m lucky, as I’ve seen many of the colors in person already.

If you don’t want to wait on an order, check with Kerbeck’s in Atlantic City. They have a few cars in stock / inventory for sale now. You’d have to take a flight to Atlantic City to take delivery and either drive it back home or have it shipped. Some people on here have went this route.

My local dealer had a Black / Kalahari car come in with the same options I want become available because the person who ordered it couldn’t get financed. I told him I can wait.

Good Luck with what ever choice you make.

CruznCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
ms c7

Drives: 2014 Stingray
There a lot of great colors indeed. My second and third choices were cyber grey and blade silver. I switched over to the yellow because they had one on display in Orlando that I liked. Thanks for the feedback. I got a laugh at your quote. Enjoy your Vette!
ms c7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
The yellow and brown will work fine but I'd do the yellow/ black..whatever you do, don't do yellow and red = macdonalds...lol
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
binko

Drives: Honda Accord
Placed my order yesterday for Crystal Red with Kalahari tan interior (2LT).
binko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #6
GeoC
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 C7 LT2 Z51 Coupe
Kalahari Tan interior is by far the best
choice for an interior. But that is just
my opinion.
GeoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Dada

Drives: Z51 White on Black
When I picked up my c7 yesterday, dealer told me the red is awesome but he has noticed fading in the color, don't know if true

I took black classic
Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #8
Track

Drives: Z51 Corvette Convertible
Like the man said everyone has opinions. If you decided on black interior already I can tell my torch red convertible with black top and black interior draws a crowd almost everywhere I go. I am not sorry and no the torch red has not faded in the 7 months I have had it.
Track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #9
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
The yellow and brown will work fine but I'd do the yellow/ black..whatever you do, don't do yellow and red = macdonalds...lol
But they they do have the best fries!

ms c7...

Welcome to the forum!

I think your exterior and interior colors are a personal choice.

Go to GM's website to build your C7 like you want it and you'll get a preview of what your car will look like inside and out.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote