The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions

Old 02-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Tim S

Drives: 2014 Corvette
C-7 Engine Noise

My car has about 1250 miles on it after a very gentle break in, I'm hearing a ticking noise (like a sticky lifter). Haven't taken it to the dealer yet cause its over 100 miles away. Any body else having any issues like this? Any ideas?
Tim S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Just a thought, may be the high pressure mechanical fuel pump for the direct inject fuel system.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim S View Post
My car has about 1250 miles on it after a very gentle break in, I'm hearing a ticking noise (like a sticky lifter). Haven't taken it to the dealer yet cause its over 100 miles away. Any body else having any issues like this? Any ideas?
Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to see you're having some concerns about a ticking noise coming form your C7. I realize your dealer isn't necessarily near by, but they're the best option to diagnosis the noise you are hearing. If you decide to make the trip to your dealer and would like some assistance, we would be glad to contact them regarding an appointment. Just let us know, we're happy to help! We hope your experience with your Stingray has been more than exceptional so far!

Terrell
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #4
Rich K

Drives: Corvette Stingray 2014
Hearing noise in 2014 Stingray when hit gas pedal

I am also hearing a noise in my 2014 Stingray when I hit the gas pedal. I brought it back to the dealer a few times. They hear the noise but cannot determine a fix. They had a regional GM tech confirm that he hears the noise in another 2014 Stingray. He hears the noise when the car is in economy mode using 4 cylinders. But I also hear it in Touring and Sport (did not try track) - so I can't escape the noise.

I love the car, but the noise is very annoying. The dealer said that it might take a lot of complaints for GM to fix this. I am surprised that this is not being addressed quickly in a new Corvette generation. Hopefully these forums raise some interest in getting a fix.
Rich K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
StingraySallye

Drives: 2014 AW C7 A6
Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement - PIP5185

If you hear a rattling under slight acceleration in V4, you may need the Drive Belt Tensioner replaced under warranty.

The sound isn't heard at idle. See bulletin PIP5185 attached:

Name:  PIP5185.jpg
Views: 6199
Size:  44.1 KB
StingraySallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
route66

Drives: 66 coupe 78 pace car 2014 coupe
You might want to read the posts that are under discussions about clicking noises mine are a couple. I had the tensioner replaced twice per the factory and then finally the torque tube which fixed the problem. That was a month ago with no further problems. Completely happy with the work on repairs and the car.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #7
Tribefan7

Drives: 2014 stingray
I have the same problem. Took it to the dealer they test drove mine and one one the show room floor. Dealer said since the showroom car made the same noise, they could not do anything until GM put a bulletin out. This is making me very upset because the noise is getting worse.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #8
Rich K

Drives: Corvette Stingray 2014
C7 2016 Corvette Ticking Noise: Fuel Pump?

I hear a ticking noise coming from the engine. The service department thought it was due to the fuel pressure. We also heard it on another 2016 Corvette. There is no GM bulletin for this, so they have no thoughts on it yet. The ticking seems could be louder when shifting from park to drive or when the engine is warmer. It is very annoying and can be heard over the radio often. I had a 2015 Corvette and this was not an issue in that car. Not sure what they changed. I really hope a bulletin goes out so that the 2016s can be enjoyed. (Note that the noise that was referred to earlier in the post by someone else is probably due to the engine going into 4 cylinder mode - I always hear that then too, but the aforementioned ticking is much more annoying and pervasive).
Rich K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #9
Njja

Drives: 2011 Shelby, 2005 SSR, 2011 2SS/RS
Tim S
Congratulations on getting a response! I had my engine seize at 2000 miles leaving my wife locked in the car on a 3 lane highway in traffic!
I would recommend getting your problem documented by a dealer so you don't wind up in
our situation!
Njja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #10
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Take your car to the dealers. Most likely its a normal sound from the injectors.
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote