Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Three of Swords

Drives: 2011 IBM 1SS/RS L99
HP Tuners and NGK AFX wideband combo?

I've decided to take the plunge and learn something about tuning. Since I'm going to do it, I plan to do it right and get HP Tuners Pro and an NGK Powerdex AFX wideband.

My research indicates that since HP Tuners dictates the price on its product, the only way to 'save money' is to buy a combo of the two. The cheapest combo I can find is 849.99. Anyone know of a better bargain?

PM me please, I'm pretty sure forum rules prevent posts with direct links to products.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Usually they package the PRO and LC1 for cheaper than that.. I have the AFX. Great wideband. Ive seen a couple used boxes show up on here for significantly cheaper. Might be the way to go.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
Frost

Drives: GM anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Usually they package the PRO and LC1 for cheaper than that.. I have the AFX. Great wideband. Ive seen a couple used boxes show up on here for significantly cheaper. Might be the way to go.
Many times I see HPT sold used and it *LOOKS* cheaper until you recognize the value of the credits that have already been consumed. The units come with 8 credits. If you buy a used unit and someone has consumed all 8 credits, even if you only pay $250 it's still not a good deal because 8 credits costs $400 to replace. In that light, it would typically be better to buy new.

The AFX is a hugely better wideband than anything Innovate makes.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #4
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
I used to use an LM1 but the 3737 sensor doesn't last. I stick with the ngk/AFX and it last 5 times longer. I have 245 credits on my interface.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote