Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
Richen cyls 7&8?

While in the Turbo Buick world, we learned that contrary to popular belief, pressurized air does not enter the cylinders in equal amounts. The rear cylinders get far more air than anything else. For the most part the Turbo Buick doesn't allow individual injector adjustments, so there was a plate we could add into the plenum to balance the air flow. This allows us to run another 1-2 PSI before detonation.

Now, in my turbo Camaro, the e38 computer allows individual injector control via HP Tuners. From what I recall, the table labels the injectors as A, B, ...H.
2 questions...

(1) Is it simply A is cyl 1 ... H is cyl 8 ?
(2) Any real world experience on what % (numeric) to richen these rear cylinders?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Frost

Drives: GM anything
Cylinder gain is de-activated from the factory. Once active, there is a table set of 1.0 values that are individual IPW modifiers. There are several warnings of issue up top related to the use of this with that controller.

Your question about what % would depend on the actual measured individual cylinder deviation, not a random static amount unfortunately.

I have seen this type of testing done in the past on this family of engines and not seen "The rear cylinders get far more air than anything else" personally. I guess amounts are relative though! A few tenths of a point of AFR are normal and when tuned to a safe range overall, they become a non-issue (as it is currently for most forced induction owners).
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote