Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
SLP Tune worth getting ??

The local GM dealership here sells SLP Camaros and also SLP performance items. If you pay to allow the dealership to install the performance parts then you can retain the factory warranty which is a plus for me. I can get LTs and hi flow cats installed for around $400 and retain my warranty. What I am more interested in is getting the SLP performance tune installed but I haven't heard of what their tune package consists of. Anybody out there had one of these tunes installed ? I was told it is programmed on the Diablo tuner and that I get to keep the tuner. Dealer wants $165 to install tune and plus the cost of the diablo device. Any help from more knowledgable 5th Gens. .
Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #2
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
IF it's like the SLP supercharger tune with the Diablo you read the stock tune, send it to them via email and they send a canned tune back based off of your file. Since the warranty is important to you it's a viable option.

The canned tune for my SLP supercharger package was very conservative. I suspect the header tune will be the same. I ran the car on the canned tune long enough to read it with HPTuners and go forward from there. Good news is that the Diablo didn't lock the ECU, only linked the tuner to the ECU until you return it to stock.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Sounds about right. The dealer said I had to let them read my computer so SLP could make the tune for my car. I just can't get any more details from the service writers on what the tune consists of. I want to make sure the tune is set for the 93 octane setting and I really want the transmission tune up the most for performance. Not sure I will get that. My dealer has a SLP PERFORMANCE package with a LT, under drive pulley, tune and I think 1.8 rockers that that guarantee another 60+ rwhp but I can't reach that deep in my pocket all at once :( I would like to have an idea on what rwhp could I get with just the tune.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Sorry, all you could do is try and email SLP for some input through the website.

I just finished up installing the SLP 1.85 rocker & spring kit I got a great deal on from a member here (slightly used). Went well.

Guessing that the LT's, hi flow cats & tune would net 50 whp or so. 1.85 rockers aren't going to help more than 10-15 NA. I think SLP claims 12. Hoping for +~20 boosted to let it breath a bit since I didn't want to do a cam yet.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #5
Frost

Drives: GM anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie killer View Post
.. My dealer has a SLP PERFORMANCE package with a LT, under drive pulley, tune and I think 1.8 rockers that that guarantee another 60+ rwhp....
I'm not a betting man, but I'd bet against those numbers every time!
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diablosport programmer, slp tune