The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #43
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Well you said currently, so I was only going by last season. the last 15 years collectively, I agree, afc east has been weak, minus 1 team.

Miami had to pick up cutler in august. He had to learn the system, even though Gase used to be his OC in Chicago, he still didn't know the whole playbook and get in rhythm with a new team with less than a month before the regular season. I think with Tannehill, Miami would have made the playoffs.

both the pats and bills went to the playoffs.

So as of last season, I think the afc south is weaker.
If we're only comparing last season, I'd say it's about even. Two teams in the playoffs from each division, one team each making a long run into the playoffs, one getting sent home on wild card weekend....both teams didn't bring home the championship.

Meanwhile...since we're now talking about 2018.... you have really only one team as a legit favorite (Pats) and the rest are virtually questionable.... Both Buffalo and NY have QB issues, and without resolving those, are basically no better than a .500 ballclub. Miami, should return a healthy Tannehill but still has serious question marks on the defensive side of the ball.

As for the AFC South, you have two teams in the Jags and the Titans who will be early favorites to win the division. Bortles had his career year, but it's possible you could see Eli Manning or Kirk Cousins leading that team by opening day.

As for the Texans, a healthy DeShaun Watson puts the Texans right back into the mix, as they will be a very solid squad (think Buffalo this year but better QB).

My Colts will be the wild-card team here....because so much will hinge on Luck's arm. If he does legitimately return healthy, I think the Colts are still the best team in the division, barely. The Jags are simply that good defensively and with a slightly better QB, could be truly nasty.

I would not be surprised at all to see this division finish with all 4 teams .500 or better....it's happened before..
Old 02-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #44
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Baltimore vs. Chicago for the Hall of Fame game.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #45
PoorMansCamaro

Johnny Manziel joining the Spring league. Trying to get back in the NFL.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #46
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #47
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Never cared for the hype on the kid, but I will give him this at least...he has the physical tools to play the game.

IF he can get his head out of his ass long enough to quit smelling his own shit....he could be a decent QB in the league.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:25 PM   #48
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Lol, I love the guys that say the Pats are what they are because of their weak division, that's six wins...and quite often Miami will steal a win.
They've won at least 12 games either 7 or 8 yrs in a row now....with some 14-2's sprinkled in, so they must do OK against the rest of the league too.

Now back to your regular offseason programming

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...198733334.html
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #49
PoorMansCamaro

Larry Fitzgerald coming back next season. Cards should deal him to a team that can contend for a SB ring. He deserves it. They can always sign him to a 1 day contract so he can retire a card
Old 02-15-2018, 09:21 AM   #50
PoorMansCamaro

He only needs 390yds to pass TO for 2nd most receiving yards and 93 catches to pass Tony Gonzalez for 2nd most catches.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #51
PoorMansCamaro

COME ON VEGAS!!!

If the stadium is done by then, it would be a great place to reveal/host!!!
Quote:
Five finalists to host 2019 or 2020 NFL Draft: Cleveland/Canton, Tennessee, Kansas City, Denver, and Las Vegas.
I don't think it should be Cleveland/canton. they already have the hall of fame stuff.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #52
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Lol, I love the guys that say the Pats are what they are because of their weak division, that's six wins...and quite often Miami will steal a win.
They've won at least 12 games either 7 or 8 yrs in a row now....with some 14-2's sprinkled in, so they must do OK against the rest of the league too.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...198733334.html
So what you're saying is that being able to go 5-1 or 4-2 in your division doesn't help you regularly? It does. It helps every team when they have weaker opponents in the division.

Look, the Pats would be a tough team regardless...but to deny it's easier to play the AFC East than it would be to play say the AFC North or AFC West is asinine and foolish. Hell, the Colts play in the AFC South and there was a stretch of years (2007-2010) where the division wasn't very tough at all.

I mean seriously.... The Colts last won the AFC East since the Bills won it... the Dolphins have won it... once I think since Marino retired. The Jets are the only multiple division winners since re-alignment...and the only time they've won it the Pats failed to make the playoffs.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #53
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Rumor... Jets may offer Cousins: five years, $150 million with most of that guaranteed and an amazing $60 million guaranteed in the first year.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #54
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Rumor... Jets may offer Cousins: five years, $150 million with most of that guaranteed and an amazing $60 million guaranteed in the first year.
He's not going to play for the Browns or the Jets..... count on that...
Old 02-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #55
PoorMansCamaro

I see Cousins as barely above average QB. I hope he goes to the Jets. Don't think it'll help them much.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #56
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
I see Cousins as barely above average QB. I hope he goes to the Jets. Don't think it'll help them much.
Cousin`s last 3 season`s as a starter he has thrown 81 TD`s, 36 Int`s, 13,176 Yrd`s passing and a passer rating of about 95% hardly what I would label as "barely above average"! Anyone the Jets get would be an improvement over what they have had for the last 10 years or so.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/CousKi00.htm
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote