The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #9283
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
is your assumption that liberals don't own guns?

us liberals all hope that is the assumption.
Lol, no we know you own guns...just not too worried about it!

3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:51 AM   #9284
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Here is a partial list of companies I will be boycotting due to their decision to sever ties with the NRA. Many more to come. I applaud the Lt. Governor of Georgia for the stand they are taking with Delta over the tax cuts they have been reaping.

Best Western
Delta Air Lines
United Airlines
Enterprise Holdings (Enterprise, Alamo and National)
Hertz
Avis and Budget
Symantec
TrueCar
MetLife
SimpliSafe
First National Bank of Omaha

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #9285
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARMEDIC View Post
Yes you can buy suppressors and pin them, you would then only have to pay 1 tax stamp. As for moving from state to state or an in state residency change you would have to fill out a Form 5320.20. Get a lower and have it engraved with your name and city and state, usually done on the mag well. Once it’s complete then submit your paperwork and 200$. Then you forget about it for about a year lol once you have your tax stamp back you can assemble it. Word of caution, do not have the parts to manufacture a SBR unless you have the stamp. But if you go the pistol route that will be ok . If you make a trust you can efile the Form 1 or you can do it on paper if you don’t want to make a trust. There are many laws for NFA items and also 922r compliance for non NFA items. It’s amazing how many people have guns and unknowingly make them illegal with small things they do to them. If you would like me to walk you through the process just shoot me a pm.
right now the lower has the lpk installed. the buffer tube and stock are not at my house but i do have the buffer and spring. the buffer tube and stock are at my buddies place, is that alright to do or should i only have the bare lower with me until i have the stamp? i do not have any other AR's in my possession.

thanks for the help!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #9286
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Here is a partial list of companies I will be boycotting due to their decision to sever ties with the NRA. Many more to come. I applaud the Lt. Governor of Georgia for the stand they are taking with Delta over the tax cuts they have been reaping.

Best Western
Delta Air Lines
United Airlines
Hertz
Avis and Budget
Symantec
TrueCar
MetLife
SimpliSafe
There is a internet, gun Forum plan, to "Bomb the NRA With Donations" on 3/24/18. This, to counter the March against guns, being held on 3/24.

Thousands of gun owners have already contributed.

What will REALLY send a message to the Anti's .....are new NRA members. SIGN up a new member. Or upgrade your own membership.

The NRA isn't perfect, but they are ALL we have that the Anti's and Liberals truly fear. Why they take every opportunity to denigrate or marginalize the NRA and it's members.

It's amazing the millions of gun owners, hunters, occasional shooters, etc...Who are not members. Please! Sign yourself up if not a member. Or sign up a Family member or Range/Hunting buddy.

If we can go from 5 million NRA member to seven or eight million due to this boycott and assault on our rights....It will send a real message to the anti's.
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:44 AM   #9287
LARMEDIC

Drives: 17' 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
right now the lower has the lpk installed. the buffer tube and stock are not at my house but i do have the buffer and spring. the buffer tube and stock are at my buddies place, is that alright to do or should i only have the bare lower with me until i have the stamp? i do not have any other AR's in my possession.

thanks for the help!
That’s fine, you just wouldn’t want to have a less than 16” upper and a complete lower with a stock, even if they weren’t assembled.
10'SS H/C/I M6 sold
12' C6 GS M6 H/C/I , A&A TI Trim ,15" Billet Specialties, 880 RWHP with 109 & meth. 9.70s @ 146 sold.
17' A8 1SS NGM stock for now
LARMEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:22 PM   #9288
jimmyp

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post

Best Western
Delta Air Lines
United Airlines
Hertz
Avis and Budget
Symantec
TrueCar
MetLife
SimpliSafe
If you want to boycott those companies that's your right, but I don't think the lt gov has any business sticking his nose into this. No one should be compelled by the government to support any group. Or face reprisals if they don't.
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #9289
Frank237

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post

If you want to boycott those companies that's your right, but I don't think the lt gov has any business sticking his nose into this. No one should be compelled by the government to support any group. Or face reprisals if they don't.
So it's OK for those companies to unfairly target the NRA?
Old 03-01-2018, 09:21 PM   #9290
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank237 View Post
The NRA isn't perfect, but they are ALL we have that the Anti's and Liberals truly fear. Why they take every opportunity to denigrate or marginalize the NRA and it's members.
They're far from perfect, and they are not all we have. There are other organizations out there to fight for our 2nd amendment rights. I prefer to give my money and support to those groups that fight (in court) gun control actively. The NRA doesn't even mention some of the stuff going down in my state. Hell, they introduced the bump-stock ban (if my sources are correct).

I don't mean to bash the NRA though. They do a lot of good for gun owners. However, there are other orgs that fight for our rights, but aren't the NRA.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #9291
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post

You're correct. In my opinion giving tax cuts to corporations in the first place equates to bribery and should be illegal. It just pits municipalities against each other while piling the tax burden onto the residents. How many Walmarts have been built with the promise of a 10 year tax break, only to have them close up after 10 years and build a new store in the next township over? But good luck doing away with this form of bribery. You'd have better luck getting term limits for Congress.

Last edited by ZED SLED; 03-02-2018 at 07:38 AM.
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #9292
SkipNWis

Drives: 2016/SS Has had 4 Gen 5's
JUST an OFFER!!! If anybody is thinking of cutting up or destroying their AR15 because of the resent school shooting... PM ME i'll take it off your hands

SnoWhite
SkipNWis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #9293
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARMEDIC View Post
That’s fine, you just wouldn’t want to have a less than 16” upper and a complete lower with a stock, even if they weren’t assembled.
perfecto! now time to wait and plan out what i want... for a while lol

thanks for the help!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:57 PM   #9294
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Just laid out some $$$ for a Springfield Armory Loaded M1A... Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x50mm scope, and a Sadlak mount for it. I've been sitting on the fence for one of these for a while... thought I would get one while the getting is good.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #9295
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Just laid out some $$$ for a Springfield Armory Loaded M1A... Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x50mm scope, and a Sadlak mount for it. I've been sitting on the fence for one of these for a while... thought I would get one while the getting is good.
Nice!
Old 03-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #9296
Frank237

I have had a loaded M1a for probably 15 yrs now. Great shooter, especially with 168 or 175 gr Federal GMM.

Had a straight 10X on it initially , now just irons, for a change. Shot it out to 1K tds on steel. There are certainly better tools for that job, but I would not want to be standing there being the target!

I was issued a gutted (NO full auto) M-14 my last 15 or so years on the Job as my Patrol Rifle. I ALWAYS felt VERY well armed whenever I took that baby out of the trunk! It was the envy of the M-4 toting Deputies and City guys too. LOL.

GREAT choice for a mount. Sadlak as good as it gets.

Tags
camaro gun