The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
SLO

Drives: Slo'ly
Funny vehicles stories?

I was reading another post and Weapon X mentioned something funny, it reminded me of a couple stories but I didn't want to clutter the other thread.

I had an 09' Trailblazer SS few years back and the other half ended up driving it during the winter once in a while. She decides to go through a car wash, calls me up at work and says she crashed inside the drive through car wash!!

Of course I had some choice words half laughing and half angry. She ruined the rear bumper backing up with the light up sign telling her to back up.

Fast forward to last year, she has a pathfinder at that point. She calls me at work again one day to tell me I won't believe what just happened. I responded with "dont tell me you crashed in a car wash again?". I didnt believe this.... I only said it as a joke. OF course, there is a moment of silence before she confesses to crashing again..... You can imagine again, the choice of words I had almost thinking she was playing a joke.

December of 2017 she now has a Lexus GX, has been snowing lately but the dealer is a bit far for a free car wash. She wants to attempt a car wash again..... I tell her about a car wash near my work and told her to be careful.

What I didn't tell her was that it's one of those where they drive the vehicle to the car wash tracks and they drive it off the tracks at the end. She of course calls me laughing, tells me she now knows why I told her to goto the one near my work.

No damage on the Lexus

EDIT: Just recently ordered this and installed on her lexus without her knowing. This thing is huge!! She called me on her way to work so she could scream at me..... I told her that it would help her in a car wash if she ever decides to go again....
Attached Images

Last edited by SLO; 03-06-2018 at 01:17 PM.
SLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #2
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Late one night while driving the Ohio turnpike i got passed on the right by Porche going somewhat faster. It sure appeared to be a very large poodle driving, collar and all. I hadn't had a drop btw and noticed the dog drove extremely well for a poodle. I know what your thinking, manual or automatic right?

The car got off at the next ramp and since I needed gas I did too. The poodle then entered the same gas station using a turn signal BTW. Wanting to congratulate the pup on its excellent driving I approached the car and realized it was one of those European right hand drives.
Damn.
I still hope to see a dog driving one day.
Not a cat though.
That would just be wrong.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Back in 2001 I had a white 98 Cavalier RS, I went to a local supermarket to get a few small items, after shopping I returned and tried to open the doors but it was locked which was strange because I don`t remember locking the doors. So I unlock and get in and I smell this strong odor of perfume, then i notice pink fuzzy dice hanging from "my mirror"! About the same time I realize "this isn`t my car!" I hear a voice asking "what are you doing in MY car!?" after a certain amount of time trying to explain I had mistaken her car for mine I looked down the row of cars and about four cars down in the same row was my white 98 Cavalier RS the same as hers and then pointed out to her that was my car over there, "sooo sorry about that" and asked if she wouldn`t mind seeing if her keys would fit mine also, they did, so what are the chances of that ever happening?
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
and asked if she wouldn`t mind seeing if her keys would fit mine also, they did, so what are the chances of that ever happening?
Actually back then about 1 in 12 iirc.

Back in 2002, I was taking an automotive class for high school. One of the teachers came up and wanted us to look at her car and gave my teacher the key. He then gave it to one of the other guys in the class and said for him to bring it to the shop. A couple mins later he pulls in with the wrong car! It's the right make and model but it wasn't the teachers car. The key she gave us not only unlocked the door but also started the car with no issues what so ever.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I don't know if this is my funniest, however it is the weirdest. Probably funny too, however not at the time.

I left college in 1983 after buying a 73 Dodge Charge SE with a 400 in it. Ran well enough, however it had seen some use. Paid $1000 for it. I loved the car, however my mom eventually called it the devil car. It just seemed to attract trouble. It was brown with a white vinyl top and it had big rear wheels and traction bars and was raised in the rear a little.

So I'm in Los Angeles with this thing for about a month and it blows a rod. I take it into a shop in Santa Monica and have him to replace the engine with a rebuilt 383. It takes a few weeks, and I get the car back...have it for perhaps 4 days before it blows a rod and destroys the engine. Mind you, I'm not running it hard yet.

The owner of the shop, Bruce, did his fair share to make sure I was happy...he rebuilds another 383 and I get it back...and it blows a rod. This is starting to get riduculous. He's not looking forward to doing this another time, yet he was going to. I had a job and had a little extra money so I gave him some extra to cover the differnce in cost between the 383 and a 440 magnum which I had coveted in the first place, however could not afford when I first started the process. So, with a little extra cash in hand, Bruce proceeds to rebuild a the 440. I guess I was ok with it since I'd been using a "loaner" since after the first engine blew...his 1974 Firebird.

I show up a week later to check on things and find out he's in jail. A guy had tried to come at him with a knife, and Bruce kills him with a handgun. And my car isn't at his shop. It's apparently with this metal fabricator named Jesse James getting a power steering bracket welded to the engine.

Bruce gets out of jail about a week later and recovers my car. Apparently Jesse James decided to take his money from Bruce by taking my tires and rims, my car stereo...and running the 440 without oil to destroy the engine.

Bruce did put in another 440 magnum and when finally driving the car home on Pacific Coast Highway going north out of Santa Monica I was in the middle most of the 4 lanes and suddenly lost any ability to steer. Veered towards the right, thankfully, as I could have gone to the left into oncoming traffic at 50mph. I didn't hit anything, just ran onto the curb and bumped a signpost as I was able to brake and stop before anything bad happened. The two front wheels are splayed out...a bolt had come off the tie rod because maybe a cotter pin wasn't used. Took a lug nut off one of the tires and used that to temporarily get the car home and fix it for good.

I didn't confront Bruce about that because I wonder if the guy that got shot did the same...