Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
Danoteck

Drives: 2016 LT2 2.0T RS & Light Package
Thumbs down i4 No Start After 2 Hour Drive

This Weekend, decided to take her on a two hour road trip with the wife. Left house, drove to destination restaurant. Had some lunch, came out. No Start.

The engine sounded like it wanted to turn over, but it looked like battery was very low.

Chevy Roadside called tech out, they tried a jump, no go.

Had to call a Tow Truck and bring it to dealership 2 hours from home.

Car only has 2,600 miles on it. Dealership said battery was toast and somehow car blew a 25 Amp Fuse. They replaced it and the car still doesn't start.

Anyway, it seems to me there are some electrical issues here. Thought I would share in case others ever see it.

Will update when I find out what exactly happened.
Danoteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Danoteck

Update from Dealership today:

Apparently they need to replace the ECM. Not sure whether that will fix the issue or not. :/
Old 07-26-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
keep us posted with what happens next. I have no useful knowledge to give, but I'm curious to see what happens next. good luck.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoteck View Post
This Weekend, decided to take her on a two hour road trip with the wife. Left house, drove to destination restaurant. Had some lunch, came out. No Start.

The engine sounded like it wanted to turn over, but it looked like battery was very low.

Chevy Roadside called tech out, they tried a jump, no go.

Had to call a Tow Truck and bring it to dealership 2 hours from home.

Car only has 2,600 miles on it. Dealership said battery was toast and somehow car blew a 25 Amp Fuse. They replaced it and the car still doesn't start.

Anyway, it seems to me there are some electrical issues here. Thought I would share in case others ever see it.

Will update when I find out what exactly happened.
Ugh, that sucks. I see you're in Orlando. Where did you all venture out to?

On Sunday (only the 2nd day of owning mine) I had to drive from Ocala to Tampa with the A/C only blowing hot air. Back at the dealership as we speak. It was a miserable drive but I'll take it over not being able to get home. Good luck and hope it gets fixed quick.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #5
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
keep us posted with what happens next. I have no useful knowledge to give, but I'm curious to see what happens next. good luck.
+1
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #6
Danoteck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 View Post
Ugh, that sucks. I see you're in Orlando. Where did you all venture out to?

On Sunday (only the 2nd day of owning mine) I had to drive from Ocala to Tampa with the A/C only blowing hot air. Back at the dealership as we speak. It was a miserable drive but I'll take it over not being able to get home. Good luck and hope it gets fixed quick.
I went from Orlando to Tampa proper. About 2 hours of driving, longest single trip I've taken in the car.

Also first time I've used cruise control, I wonder if that had to do with it possibly. Who knows, but I bet it was a short in the electrical system.

Will keep everyone updated. Unfortunately E80 PCM from car is on GM parts restriction, so who knows if they will even get it today.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #7
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
I went from Orlando to Tampa proper. About 2 hours of driving, longest single trip I've taken in the car.

Also first time I've used cruise control, I wonder if that had to do with it possibly. Who knows, but I bet it was a short in the electrical system.

Will keep everyone updated. Unfortunately E80 PCM from car is on GM parts restriction, so who knows if they will even get it today.
Ah, came down here, eh? Now I got to know what your destination restaurant is. Bern's? Ulele? Jackson's?
Old 08-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #8
Danoteck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 View Post
Ah, came down here, eh? Now I got to know what your destination restaurant is. Bern's? Ulele? Jackson's?
Cigar City Brewery (not really restaurant, hehe)

So in an update, the ECM replacement worked. Picked the car up last Thursday and drove it home. No issues to report so far. Everything seems to be back up and running as normal.

They said that when they replaced the battery, and then the 25 amp fuse, the car kept popping the fuse on start.

They suspected it was something with the injector driver possibly, but the ohm meter showed all the lines were fine.

Who knows, but no issues so hopefully it stays that way!
Old 08-01-2016, 03:40 PM   #9
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Cigar City Brewery (not really restaurant, hehe)

So in an update, the ECM replacement worked. Picked the car up last Thursday and drove it home. No issues to report so far. Everything seems to be back up and running as normal.

They said that when they replaced the battery, and then the 25 amp fuse, the car kept popping the fuse on start.

They suspected it was something with the injector driver possibly, but the ohm meter showed all the lines were fine.

Who knows, but no issues so hopefully it stays that way!
Ha, nice!

Glad to hear the ECM replacement worked. Here's looking to driving without fear of the car not starting!

Tags
dead battery, electrical issues, no start