Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: When will my car get keyed next?
Dude. I just *finished* keying your car again. 14 26.42%
Tonight. 2 3.77%
Tonight AND tomorrow night. 8 15.09%
Just as soon as your neighbor's Freddie Kreuger glove is back from the cleaner's. 8 15.09%
As soon as your neighbor finishes his/her six-pack of MGD. 14 26.42%
Never. Next time we'll use a fireman's axe. 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
So when will my car get keyed for the third time?

New poll:
Got the car back today, damage repaired, second time. When will it get keyed again?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Got the car back today, damage repaired, second time. When will it get keyed again?
that sux, i wish i could say that people will grow up and stop destroying other people's property, but....maybe you'll catch them if it ever happens again. good luck
Old 07-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
that sux, i wish i could say that people will grow up and stop destroying other people's property, but....maybe you'll catch them if it ever happens again. good luck
Oh dearie me I pray at night that I will not catch them.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Tonight and then after they're done with that hold her down and tickle the tail pipe.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Oh dearie me I pray at night that I will not catch them.
unfortunately, people are not raised to respect others anymore like they were in our day, so, i kinda hope you do catch them. its never to late to learn and sometimes it takes the hard way
Old 07-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Is it happening near your house or in other places? I'd hate to think it was a neighbor.
Good luck hopefully never again.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Good question, let's work on the math.

When is it due to be keyed again going by history?
How many people hate you -2?
How many hours is car publicly accessible per day?
Do you drive like a dick and not drive around the block a few times before going home?
Don't forget to factor in random Camaro haters.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
unfortunately, people are not raised to respect others anymore like they were in our day, so, i kinda hope you do catch them. its never to late to learn and sometimes it takes the hard way
Right? When I was a kid I expected to catch a beating doing that stuff. Hell I was taking chances soaping windows on Halloween.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Is it happening near your house or in other places? I'd hate to think it was a neighbor.
Good luck hopefully never again.
I actually do have a prime suspect. When it happened, I parked in a spot in the complex I live in, which I rarely park in. It's an end spot. No designated spots here, BTW. Here's the mental picture:

My car's nosed in. To the left, 15 feet of grass, then a paved walkway to a building. This building is part of my complex, neighbors live there. Walkway is parallel to the parking spaces. To the right, a row of parking spots.

I parked on the extreme left edge of the spot I was in, so the car to my right would have extra room.

An SUV usually (maybe 75% of the time; surprisingly not there now, another neighbor's car is there) parked there. Black SUV. I know the female owner by sight. Never spoken to her. Maybe 40 years old.

That black SUV was parked right next to me when it happened. I did some figuring-

I figure, if it were a man, probably would have not keyed it. Men confront, as a rule. Man would have done something else. Women have a higher chance to do this.

Not a kid. Marks were high up compared to a kid's body mechanics. A kid would not do that comfortably this way, and there was effort behind the marks. So, an adult that was mad.

My car was keyed on the rear bumper and driver's quarter panel. How would you non-nonchalantly do this? Well, I figure you'd do it by walking past the back of my car, continuing to the left. The marks bore that out, the way they were made.

So. SUV owner comes home late (I had been in about 10 pm, found the damage at 8 am next day), "her" spot is taken. She gets mad. Walks past my car in the back, then diagonally to the walkway, keying it as she goes, hand holding the key at normal hand height. The key marks only go so far down the 1/4 as would be close enough to reach as she angles to the walkway, across the grass. Anybody looking would have just seen her near the car. AND it's in a spot that the streetlight doesn't hit well at all.

All of that gets me as much as cloud of fart gas, but I'm fairly sure that's how it happened. If I'm outside and she is too, she will look away from me.

Last edited by ChrisBlair; 07-30-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: stupid grammar
ChrisBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Any way to set up surveillance?

Having a car keyed is rarely a random act of vandalism. If they did it twice, I'm guessing you'll get a 3rd visit, or maybe by now, they're bored with keying it. :( People suck.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Surveillance is tough becasue there are no designated spots and I'm not sure where I can park. I have my Plan A B C and D spots. Used to have a plan E...
Old 07-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #12
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Surveillance is tough becasue there are no designated spots and I'm not sure where I can park. I have my Plan A B C and D spots. Used to have a plan E...
Just set up Cameras if it even covers 1 spot. This is what happened to me When I was raising teenagers suddenly my house would get egged then egged again and again etc, Got sick of it and pissed off, So I got 2 wireless security cameras and hung them on the front of my house , Word got out but this little shit could not resist, Suddenly about 10 at night he got cocky and hit me again , I was awake ran out my front door and watched him run, I could not make out who it was but had a suspect, So I walk over to the kids house with my teenage sons to handle anything if the kid wanted to go , as a adult I knew I could not touch him but my football weight lifting sons could , He denied having anything to do with it , I pressed on and told him I have him on Camera and if he did not admit to it I was calling the Police to have him arrested , He fessed up , Him and his 2 buddies came and washed my house right then and there ,apologised and promised it would end right then and there , and I have never had another problem again, Problem solved and all is good in the neighbourhood. Just letting her know that the car is now being recorded by a conversation will more than likely stop that nonsense. People have no Ideal of the range of cameras Good Luck however you plan to handle it .

Last edited by MBS; 07-30-2014 at 09:52 PM.
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #13
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
have you been "slow dancing with a bleach blonde tramp"?

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 PM   #14
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Just letting her know that the car is now being recorded by a conversation will more than likely stop that nonsense. People have no Ideal of the range of cameras Good Luck however you plan to handle it .
Not a bad idea...stopping her in passing and asking if she's had any issues or seen anything, maybe. Of course she'll say no, that's a good time to casually bring up that you've got cameras up now (maybe in the car, too, dash cams front and back!) and hope to catch whomever keeps doing it.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote