Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 AM   #15
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstproductions View Post
hahahaha..... I cant do that :( ive waited too long for this
Quote:
Heres my dilema, im 16 and . . .
LOL
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #16
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Nitrous. pm Nitro Dave. he'll give you the hookup.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 AM   #17
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Your parent's don't happen to OWN an insurance company, do they?

Your only solution to beating your sister is to unplug two or more spark plug wires/coil paks.

Your parents are NUTS to let either of you out in those two cars. Your sister should be getting a 318i at the MOST if she has to have a BMW. As for the V6 Camaro - it was PLENTY FAST enough for me and I was driving an LS1 Vette!

Good luck. And at 16, you have not waited long at all. It took me 21 years for me to get my dream car...that is 5 more than you even have breathed. Relax. Be safe. We need Camaro guys who survive to keep the brand alive.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #18
gred04

Drives: Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countach View Post
doubt it

The BMW runs a 5 sec 60 and 13.5 1/4

but yet again new the BMW is like 40+

so you have no reason to feelbad if the BMW is faster
The 335 is the twin turbo and will easily do 60 in the 4.5 range. BMW always states performance times that are conservative.
gred04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #19
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
You really can't mention the 335i and the 6 banger Camaro in the same sentence.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 AM   #20
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
With just a tune the 335 dips into the 12's in the qtr. It is a beast. That is why BMW needed to juice up the M3. The 335 with a tune was taking out the M3 in the last model year. It was supposed to bridge the gap between the 330 and the M3 (once the new M3 came out) but since the E46 was still out when the 335 came out it was a no brainer if you wanted BMW performance for 10-15k less then an M3 sticker.

My buddy has one and this guy goes through cars like they are water. And he got rid of his juiced Legacy GT, S2000, sport bike, etc etc and BOUGHT the 335 off lease b/c he loved it so much. That is saying a lot when he "settled down" with the right girl. lol

The 335 will give the SS a run stock for stock. With a tune it will take out the SS through the qtr but then the V8 will pull. So don't even bother racing or whatever you are thinking with the V6. You would need to put in way too much $ to even compete with that car.
Mblock66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #21
cstproductions

Drives: Future 1LT IBM Camaro
Some of you are honestly ridiculous. Yall are saying that I havent waited long at all for my dream car but truth be told Ive been waiting ever since the concept was released. Which is alot longer then most of the people on this forum. Most of the people on this forum have been waiting ever since they saw how cool "bumblebee" looked in transformers and had to have the car. You cant say that most arent looking for getting more power out of their cars.

cstproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #22
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Quote:
Some of you are honestly ridiculous. Yall are saying that I havent waited long at all for my dream car but truth be told Ive been waiting ever since the concept was released. Which is alot longer then most of the people on this forum. Most of the people on this forum have been waiting ever since they saw how cool "bumblebee" looked in transformers and had to have the car. You cant say that most arent looking for getting more power out of their cars.

I think what most people are saying is that you live in a very fortunate household, congrats to you and your family, and for you to be able to live your dream at such a young age.

I, for one, kinda am glad we've got youngsters willing to carry the musclecar torch into the future when us old farts are gone. Hey you could have been dreaming of a ricer, so the Camaro's future is indeed bright
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:30 AM   #23
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
I think what most people are saying is that you live in a very fortunate household, congrats to you and your family, and for you to be able to live your dream at such a young age.

I, for one, kinda am glad we've got youngsters willing to carry the musclecar torch into the future when us old farts are gone. Hey you could have been dreaming of a ricer, so the Camaro's future is indeed bright
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
cstproductions

Drives: Future 1LT IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post

Thanks for being a very understanding individual. Just because im getting a 2lt camaro doesnt mean that im not going to have to eventually pay for it. Im still going to have to pay for just about everything in the longrun but I cant afford the insurance. Thanks though.

This is my dream car currently but once I get older my dream car is the... BUGATTI VEYRON!

cstproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #25
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Quote:
Thanks for being a very understanding individual. Just because im getting a 2lt camaro doesnt mean that im not going to have to eventually pay for it. Im still going to have to pay for just about everything in the longrun but I cant afford the insurance. Thanks though.

This is my dream car currently but once I get older my dream car is the... BUGATTI VEYRON!

After spending a weekend at Pebble Beach and photographing many of those newfangled Veyrons I can tell you the sun is setting fast on that car's popularity, a low mile one at RM did not even begin to bring the reserve at 900k bid. Magnificent automobile, but the damn thing weighs 4200 for Chrissakes.

I really fell in love with the worlds first real supercar, the Ferrari 288 GTO. At 2550 lbs with all that power, its just pure love, and people were beating each other over the head to buy it
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
If you had been here for more than 2 months, you would understand that having a bumble bee isn't the main reason why we're here. Some of those that are waiting have wanted a new Camaro since it was discontinued 2003. Lots of older guys don't care at all about Transformers. And yes, there are a certain percentage that noticed it because of Transformers. Personally, I'm like you who was amazed by the concept in 2006.

Anyways, the V6 Camaro's have plenty of power and performance, don't be discouraged that it gets beat by a BMW that started at just under 40 grand. At least you and your family are being sensible enough to not get a 16 year old kid a brand new fully loaded 2SS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #27
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Here is a 335i with JB3 and CAI vs GT500 FWIW...
Old 08-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #28
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Good grief - what's next - Camaro 1LT vs Bentley?
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote