The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 09-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
GreenC7Z-51

Drives: '04 C5 Z06 Le Mans, '14 C7 Z51
Thumbs up Hendrick backs down!

In an E-Mail sent to me today, my salesman Dan Houser wrote:

I was just informed that effectively immediately, we (Rick Hendricks Dealers) will be selling all our 2014 Stingrays at MSRP! This means that your $5000.00 deposit will be a downpayment that will be subtracted from the MSRP when it arrives sometime this month!

I stuck with them when informed of the up charge, due to the fact I had been led on by another that wasn't even going to get any early cars. I was just happy I was on a list, and feeling like changing dealers at that point was out of the question.

I let Dan know I was on Corvette7, maybe some of your comments have helped Rick to see the light. Thanks to all that brought this up!

Dan says he has more cars in the allotment for the dealership in Duluth, if you are not on a list yet, and having trouble finding a dealer, I can now suggest Dan Houser at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Duluth GA. Please mention this post If you do
GreenC7Z-51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
That's great, I heard Rick had gotten the word that some of his dealers were overcharging (specifically the Atlanta store, which has quite a few negative reviews) and was quoted saying this change would be implemented. Always good to see a company stand up and admit and change it's faults.

Any idea on delivery for you?
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
GreenC7Z-51

I'm at 3400 status w/ TPW Sept 23, my order was accepted on July 16.

I hope TPW will move closer as the factory gets rolling!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
lawdogg149

Drives: Corvette ZO6 CSR edition #47
I am the original complainer on this issue. I received a direct email response from hendrick addressing the issue and apology. Its a done deal that cant be redone. I still have the same feelings towards them and Dan and Jason should be jobless in my eyes. Good luck with them glad to see that you have moved up. Im still at 3100 at Couglin so it did back me up some. Word is Hendrick has a lot of allocations left since this issue. Glad they did the right thing for you though. Beware of the high dealer fees when closing the deal though.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Hendrick is a crook and he should not be forgotten. He is the charter member in the 5k over MSRP dealer club. They closed the thread on another site and you can't post anymore comments about his dirty tactics. Just because you advertise on a site doesn't mean you should get special privlidges and have threads closed because they criticize your dealerships.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
GreenC7Z-51

Thanks Lawdogg149

Lawdogg149,

I thank you for posting, and helping others. I also understand the bad taste this has left behind. I was not happy when I heard the news, but I LOVE this car, and could not stand to wait. My other car '04 Z06 has just passed 15,000 Mi. I'm trying to keep under 1500 per year. 10 years waiting for a car so much better it was worth going for, 10 years since I had a car to track, and drive hard!

Again thanks for a $5000.00 reduction in my window sticker!
You have thrown your self on the stake for others, hope you are 3400 soon!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Refused to pay above or even at MSRP - Did my research, shopped around, reasoned with several dealers, negotiated with them, and several offered below MSRP - I accepted the best offer of $1,000 below MSRP - They accepted my reasoning that they would make more on my highly optioned Vert selling to me even at $1,000 below MSRP than in selling a base C7 to someone else from their limited allocation – Given that almost everyone is selling at MSRP as the ceiling, not too hard to find a smart dealer willing to deal on a big $ C7 - Placed a $1,000 refundable deposit - Got my order number and am tracking, but heaven knows when the Verts appear on the horizon.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote