The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-27-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
Jolly Roger VM-17

Drives: 2015 C7 Stingray Coupe
Possible Pre-Delivery Finish Damage

I am a new member and seek feedback re: possible paint finish damage. I was to take delivery of my 2015 Black Stingray tomorrow and 10 mins before the dealership closes today, I get a call saying the vehicle has "black marks/scratches" over the car which may have occurred when they were washing the car. . . I am concerned that any attempt to repair by their body shop may impact the seal-coat, etc. I welcome your feedback and guidance before I inspect the car tomorrow - thanks! Unbelievable!!
Jolly Roger VM-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:01 PM   #2
johnu

Drives: 1981 C3, 2014 C7
Look it over good and don't be afraid to talk away if you're not satisfied. Otherwise you will look at those scratches every time you walk past your car for as long as you you it.
johnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
DAFFYDRUNK
DASHARK all up in here...

Drives: 2015 Corvette Convertible
Probably clear coat scuffs from using a washing bucket full of debris from all the cars that day. Should be able to be buffed out without issues. Guess it depends on how bad the scratches are. Problem is the guy that screwed it up is probably gonna be the guy that's gonna buff it out.
DAFFYDRUNK is offline   Reply With Quote