The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-05-2007, 01:55 PM   #43
The_Brute

Drives: 97 Ford Cobra vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
When I do get my new Camaro the Tags are going to say."Say When!" The tags on my S-10 says,"KEEP UP!" And the Tags on my Camaro says,"LowRider"
That is exactly what I want on my plates. I almost got them for my Cobra and thought that would be a sweet plate to have. Doc Holiday rules!
The_Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #44
shelbyGT500

Drives: 07 shelby GT-500
82 camaro 6cy burgundy/red
84 camaro z28 primer/grey
84 camaro red/t-tops/black premium int. 5spd FAVORITE still
85 white/V8/premium red int.
85 grey/t-tops/v8 grey premium int.

all fro, 16.5 yrs-18yrs old.

Boy i was hard on those cars LOL
shelbyGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #45
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
My first camaro was a beat up 1969 bought for 500$ from one of my dads highschool friends i was 13. Three years later and Thousands of hours of work we finally had it finished in time for my 16th bday. I had the car for all of a mounth before I had a speeding ticket and one very big fine for street racing. Luckly i had made enough money racing to pay all the fines. However the camaro was stripped from my possision by my dad who only drives it on sundays now. Hopefuly my insurance will be managable in two or three years when i have enough money to buy a new one.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #46
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Smile

I bought my first and so far only camaro in 1997. I was 22 and it was a 1988 TTop coupe. If you recall 88 non IROC camaro hardtops were bizarre, as it was the ONLY year of the 3rd gens that had that goofy rear wing that wasn't like the one on the IROC and previous versions. Instead of the 'ducktail' that ran across the rear deck and down along the tops of the down sloping tailights. also it had different logos on the car, instead of RS and a bowtie or IROC it just said CAMARO and a bowtie, the same goes for the side rocker panel extensions. The car was dark charcoal grey with silver body extensions. The previous owner replaced the 15" earlier Z28 rims that were on the car with a set of cragar mags that resembled the rims you find on funny cars with the 5 spoke star design with a series of small rivets that ran around the edge of the rim. On the inside the base model steering wheel was replaced with a Grant aftermarket wheel, which looked a LOT better than that goofy vertical rectangular horn pad rim . The only thing I did to the car was replace the base style tailights (same as the 82-87 Z28 lenses but didn't have that horizontal black stripe that ran through the lens) with a set of 89 3 stripe IROC lenses. I put a set of nice BF Goodwrench Radial T/A white letter tires on the car, and replaced the stock ac delco stereo deck with a pioneer cassette deck and CD changer for the rear storage area. I really miss that car, I bought it for 1600, and sold it for 2300 in 99. The guy who bought it off of me totaled it by sliding sideways into a telephone pole bending the car at the middle a week later . Alas I never had any pics of it.

This is a pic of a 88 coupe like mine, just a different color.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #47
sgmorton

Drives: 69 Camaro RS
I got mine when I was 15... I am now 40. I knew back then it was something special so I kept her. Back then these guys were a dime a dozen now... not so much.

Anyway... I hope to get a new one in a similar/same stripe job.

More pics here... http://samuland.com/gallery/my69rs/

It has Rallys on it now and the engine is a bit more cleaned up but I don't have a recent picture these are 4 years old... it's got a 327 all numbers match. It has been wrecked once but not bad. I have no mods on it all everthing is original. As a kid I put in a stereo so I need to replace the door skins where they were cut.

Just recently I decided to learn how to play guitar with my 9 year old. We went to Guitar Center to look for an instrument for me... long story short my guitar picked me ... when I saw it I had no choice but to buy it. You can practially lay it on the car and the stripe matches to a T! This must have been Fender's inspiration for instrument.

Anyway I had to share that because if anyone can appreciate this it's teh people here at this place!

Last edited by sgmorton; 01-08-2007 at 09:48 AM.
sgmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #48
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm telling you, that is absolutely gorgeous! And that is a cool guitar as well. My wife said "WOW! That is clean!" and that was pretty cool seeing as though it's tough to get her to comment. She's getting tired of the Camaro talk. You are a lucky guy to have picked that up and kept it #'s matching.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #49
sgmorton

Drives: 69 Camaro RS
Thanks for that I appreciate the comments...

I didn't appreciate what my dad was doing for me when I was 15. I wanted a hot rod... he wanted me to get something more stock. When I got the car it was nice but as a 15 yr old I wanted bad! not nice... I changed my tune in the 1st year, there were alot of 1st gen Camaros but none seemed as nice as mine and when I got pulled over by the Highway patrol just so he could ask to buy the car! Well... I knew I better hang on to it. I need to get it out and get some recent pics... maybe when the weather get's a bit warmer.

Sam
sgmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #50
CarCrazy

Drives: 2006 SSR
First Camaro...

First Camaro was a 68 RS/Z28, 18 years old. Also had a 69 SS396/4speed,
73 RS & 74 Z28. Switched to Vettes which I've had 7. Now have a 06 SSr.
Can't wait for the new Camaro. I will be like the first one, Silver with black stripes and interior.
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #51
toypuller

Drives: 1967 camaro,2002 camaro SS
1967 camaro i was 17 and i still have it i am 42 and also have a 2002 ss 1 of 645 made.
toypuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #52
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Samuland....I love that RS convert!

I'm not so sure I could list all of the Camaros I've had over the years. (I've had company cars since 1977, -- and thus, there have been a LOT of Camaros in my driveway)

That said...my first Camaro (that was all mine....) was a new 1973 Camaro LT. I wanted a Z28, but my father - who was a Chevy Dealer -- would not allow it. (he knew firsthand what happened when I took his Chevelle SS-396 one evening.........something about missing some tread on the rear tires when it got back from a 'fun' evening.....)

We had a couple of Camaros in stock.....but two of the 5 were Z28s....two were 6 cylinders (Not interested!) and the other was a 350 coupe..but it had whitewalls and wheel covers..................

so....I got out the 'Dealer Locator' (this was before computers.....) and found a Metallic Orange Type LT Rally Sport.......at a dealership south of Pittsburgh. My father made the trade over the phone and I went to pick my new Camaro up............

.................imagine my surprise to find out that the car was Chamois -- and a non-rally sport. (The Orange one had been sold........)

But....I was so excited to get my new Camaro that it really didn't matter.

I kept the 73 Type LT for one year -- then ordered a Bright Red 74 Type LT the next year.

Since then, I've had many many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Camaros (and Firebirds)

There have been many nights when I'd come out of a GM Building after a very rough day......and all I would have to do is fire up that Camaro V8 engine....and it puts a smile on my face every time.

I'm glad this thread got started.......it's fun to read about others' first Camaros.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #53
PerformanceJunkie

Drives: 2016 2SS Magnetic Ride
Had a very sweet 69/Z28 Forest Green with Pearl White stripes. Cowl hood, Guages etc.
Also had a 67 RS with A/C. kinda rare but the Z was the best.
PerformanceJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #54
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
i was 20 years old when i got a 68 camaro, the darn thing shut down on me the third day after i bought her. then for 4 months i was trying to save up money to take her to the body shop and fix her up as well as the mechanics. I couldn't do it and had to get rid of her.

I had one in my hands and let her slip away.....i'm sorry. :(

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #55
Big_Country

Drives: 1994 Camaro and 2007 Suburban
Send a message via AIM to Big_Country Send a message via Yahoo to Big_Country
1994 V-6 (used) I bought when I was 16. Still got it and in the process of rebuilding it.
Big_Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:33 AM   #56
DWELCH
""LIVE MEMBER""

Drives: F-250
my first camaro was actully my father's 74 Camaro ...AT the same time i Had My 77 TRANS AM ...So I was still driving both of them ....

black spray can paint job
red vinyl interior
ripped seats...but a TON OF FUN..IF THOSE SEATS COULD TALK THEY WOULD HAVE STORIES TO TELL

it was a lot of fun for sure ....
DWELCH is offline   Reply With Quote