The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-12-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Ordering from a manufacturer

Has anyone ever ordered a car/truck from a manufacturer? I'm very curious about this process and haven't been able to find much information on the web. Any answers would be appreciated.

How do I do it? Through a dealer?
Are there any fees associated with it?
Are there limitations to what models/options you can get?
Can you go to the plant to see it?

I have many more questions but I'll start with that...
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
Has anyone ever ordered a car/truck from a manufacturer? I'm very curious about this process and haven't been able to find much information on the web. Any answers would be appreciated.

How do I do it? Through a dealer?
Are there any fees associated with it?
Are there limitations to what models/options you can get?
Can you go to the plant to see it?

I have many more questions but I'll start with that...
You order it through the dealer. Go in, sit down, go over options, check off what you want, they place the order and state they will get back to you when it comes in. That's how it worked for me.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
matthewmiller01

Drives: 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
I have never done it, but I have already talked to the dealer about it. The only thing I heard that was not stated above was that I'd have to put down a downpayment too.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Another option is to go on the internet to "spec." out the car you want. When I was ready to order the SS, my brother went online and built the car as I wanted. (I can find the site out from him)

About a week later I received a letter from a dealer, showing sticker, and invoice pricing. This particular dealer wrote "-$500.00" off invoice! I took this to a few other dealers to see if I could get a better deal, which I did not. So, I went to the dealer who offered me this deal, ordered the SS, and waited a very long 6 weeks for my car. I was well worth it though.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #5
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
…ordered the SS, and waited a very long 6 weeks for my car…
6 weeks??!! That's nothin' - I ordered my Goat 10-04 took delivery 4 months later. Now THAT was a loooong wait. Well worth the wait!

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
My first deal was made on a truck for $200 over cost. I spoke to them then and there sealing the deal on the next car (camaro) for $200 over cost again. Basically, I told them that if they would sell me my Camaro in the future for $200 over cost, they would again have my business. They agreed. I did just that in 2000. When I bought that Camaro, I did the same thing again saying I would buy a 2002 Z28 or SS if they would again give it to me for $200 over cost. They agreed to my offer and gave me the deal. The first time is the roughest because you have to call around to all the dealers. "This dealer will give it to me for X amount over cost. Will you beat it?" Then, if they beat it, go to another dealer...."This dealer will give it to me for that guys price" and so on and so on. That's how I got my first for $200 over cost. I don't know how it will work on this new Camaro, but we'll just have to wait and see.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote